Similarities in Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley not only in their lives but also in their deaths

herseydenvar

Proud Member
an article in a website (I dont agree - Mj is the best ever)

Similarities in Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley not only in their lives but also in their deaths

The rumors and comparisons started before they were buried to grave.

After passing away of Michael Jackson, discussions about the King of Pop and Elvis Presley, “The

King” of rock ‘n’ roll, made a new start.

In the following hours, Canadian popstar Celine Dion made a comment about the death of persons

like Jackson: “like when (President John) Kennedy died, when Elvis Presley died. We are not only

talking about a talented person dying, it’s an amazing loss.”

whole life activity. In analyzes there are lots of common points between Jackson and Presley and Billboard magazine editorial director Bill Werde supported this situation and said that: “The world just lost the biggest pop star in history, no matter how you cut it.”

In documents like articles etc. about the Jackson and Presley, we can see same approach to their

read more here (I couldnt copy all article)

http://elvisdaily.com/2017/01/30/similarities-in-michael-jackson-and-elvis-presley-not-only-in-their-lives-but-alson-in-their-deaths/

“He did it brilliantly … but his cultural impact pales in comparison to Presley’s.”

giphy.gif

“Where Elvis co-created a musical art form, Michael largely built on one. Where Elvis changed sexual mores in the conservative wake of World War II, Michael only made shocking crotch-grabbing movements. And where Elvis, expanding on James Dean’s work, harnessed a burgeoning youth culture, Michael only drew more attention to it,” says Nash. “He did it brilliantly … but his cultural impact pales in comparison to Presley’s.”
te8nQHDT6UwDe.gif

So, I finished reading it all and I honestly don't get the point of this article other then for writer to lowkey throw shade at Michael.
Like, am I missing something or....

Edit: This was published just last month too.
Michael died years ago.
The author just woke up one day and decided to be salty.
48o2TvMrsqabu.gif

Last edited:
umm, the impact that Michael has on music and pop culture is minimized once again! I almost peak into a world that Michael never existed just so they can find appreciation for what he's done.

Coming from an Elvis fan site, so of course they are gonna conclude that MJ's cultural impact pales in comparation. And of course, I beg to differ. LOL.

I think MJ's cultural impact is actually more global than Elvis' which is more limited to Western countries There is a bit narrow-minded US(West)-centric view of it sometimes in Western people. Elvis was sure huge in the US, UK and some other Western countries, but I doubt he had the same impact as MJ in places like Africa, the Middle East etc.

In fact, I love to browse Google and YouTube for territorial statistics and it is great to see how often MJ has prominent intrest from countries like the above mentioned (African, Arab countries etc). While the likes of Elvis are mainly popular within the Western cultural circle.

Even in the West MJ is more popular among young people IMO.
MTE.
I agree with everything you said here.:yes:
I'm just mad they wrote this in 2017, and not even on the anniversary of Michael's or Elvis' death or something like that.:lol:
They're obviously pressed about Michael's success (that rhymed :lol:).

Elvis definitely wasn't a global icon to the extent Michael was and still is. And neither was Elvis as good as Michael was. I mean the guy didn't even write his own songs. I'm sorry but you can't be a great artist if you have don't write any of your own stuff. Elvis isn't a great artist in my eyes.

Elvis definitely wasn't a global icon to the extent Michael was and still is. And neither was Elvis as good as Michael was. I mean the guy didn't even write his own songs. I'm sorry but you can't be a great artist if you have don't write any of your own stuff. Elvis isn't a great artist in my eyes.

I agree with the bolded.
I never have and never will see Elvis as overall on the same level as the Beatles or Michael.
He was a good singer and could play a guitar half way decent, but is he Beatles and MJ level overall, nah.:no:

an article in a website (I dont agree - Mj is the best ever)

Also, both (MJ & Elvis Presley) they were about to perform in the following days & the concerts tickets had already been bought.

This is a very sad coincidence/similarity for their respective fans who were holding the concert tickets (for those upcoming shows) when they learned about the death.

Like MJ, Presley was about to perform live too (27 & 28 August 1977), but he suddenly died several days before (16 August 1977).

“It’s far easier to overlook Elvis’s peccadilloes than Michael’s,” Nash words. “Elvis was beautiful, sexy and fun. Michael was sweet, strange and sad. Who wants to see that on a lunchbox?”

:D:rofl::hysterical::popcorn::rollin::lmao::toofunny:

Elvis was talented, but he became 'King' BECAUSE he was white and Michael became 'King' DESPITE he was black..

Elvis had every avenue pushing him to the top where as Michaels talent pushed through all who/what stood in his way..

Elvis was talented, but he became 'King' BECAUSE he was white and Michael became 'King' DESPITE he was black..

Elvis had every avenue pushing him to the top where as Michaels talent pushed through all who/what stood in his way..

True.
To give credit where credit is due I think hadn't he been white he still would have been about as big as Frank Sinatra or James brown, nowhere near as big as he was, but still a good level of success.
But yeah, in the long run him being white helped a hell of a lot.
Had Elvis and his peers been on a level playing field instead of Elvis having more 'crossover appeal' things would have been a lot different.
But like Respect said, that article was written by an Elvis fan, so yeah.:lol:

I agree about what you said when it comes to Michael too, he became as big as he did despite a lot of things.
Michael didn't start off rich or anything like that, he was black which at the time Michael debuted as a solo artist was sadly a problem/road block, and he had to deal with the media slandering him till the day he died and even after.
Not to mention Michael had to go up against other music industry titans (Madonna, Prince, etc) and came out on top not because they were eliminated as competition due to their race, but because Michael was truly better then his peers.
Michael faced a lot and still came out on top.:D

Last edited:
Both of their reputation were damaged in some points (divorce, using drug, decreasing in commercial success). But Presley’s name was rehabilitated after his death. Exactly by the keepwalking efforts by the Elvis Presley Enterprises and RCA Records, a big crowd of fan remained by his relevant, romantic and iconic figure.

I wouldn't say Michael's reputation wasn't rehabilitated. But because he was a black man, some things are hard even after he passed away.

However Jackson ceased creating new music, Presley contiued his production till his death for ever and ever. About his all work of arts a valuable catalog was prepared as “walking in rock, pop, countru and gospel sea” and it was released and redesigned in following years. Suddenly after Elvis died, there was a vacuum,” says Bakke, “and there was plenty to fill up the void: RCA started packaging and marketing to those interests.”

Uhm, that's incomparable. Elvis didn't compose or write much. Michael was a composer, lyricist and producer. That obviously takes more work to do. Besides, lots of his works are incomplete and a list of unfinished songs was found in his bedroom.

While Jackson’s to be remembered is more complicated according to Presley, there are some issue to make comparison. Jackson had chaotic family and financial structure. But in Pressley’s side the season was spring because he had big support from his ex-wife Priscilla Presley and Parker, trying to keep the flag flying. Who had the same role in Jackson’s life? At that point we don’t have any answer.

Well, Elvis's mother died when he was in his twenties, his father remarried later on, but Elvis and his step-mother didn't exactly like each other. I'd also say that Michael could rely on his mother and some of his siblings. Of course, things sometimes mess up, but no family is like Barbie and Ken's.

And neither was Elvis as good as Michael was. I mean the guy didn't even write his own songs. I'm sorry but you can't be a great artist if you have don't write any of your own stuff. Elvis isn't a great artist in my eyes.
I'm not going to read the article-it sounds ridiculous from some of the quotes you all have referred to. But I have to disagree with the "great artist" comment-many great artists didn't write their own music-Judy Garland and Ella Fitzgerald come to mind immediately, and I can think of many, many more.

IKR.
I feel the same way when I read stuff about Michael sometimes.
I'll read something then laugh at how stupid/outlandish it is, but then I'll realize that whoever said it is being dead serious and then I'm just like
8419826747_cd3de612cb_m.jpg
You are so right. I feel like your little picture tonight. You laugh at first, and then you realize they're dead serious. Just tonight I read they were going to "exhume Michael's body and do another autopsy, since Paris said he was murdered" and that "Michael Jackson was going to be convicted of tax evasion." He apparently was such a 'spendthrift' that he blew through all his money and didn't pay his taxes. Convicted of tax evasion? I thought Michael died 7 years ago.

And these are newspapers that people actually read.

I hope my aunt never comes across this topic. My aunt who is a massive Elvis Presley fan totally believes that Elvis is still very much alive. Of course with my aunt being in her 70s. She is not exactly right in the head at times.

Any way even though I hate Elvis and his music. Just like my aunt hates Michael and his music. Elvis I am going to say that he was no where near as talented. Or as famous as Michael is. Elvis never wrote his own songs. Where Michael did write his own songs. And Elvis could not dance. At least not the way Michael could. Plus some of the Bollywood actors are huge Michael Jackson fans. And totally own their careers to him. Hrithik Roshan alone is India's version of MJ when it comes to dancing. He is the best male dancer in India. He even had to dance like him in his 2014 movie Bang Bang. Not a single Bollywood actor is a Elvis fan. At least not that I know of. Nor have any of them ever own their careers to Elvis.

I hope my aunt never comes across this topic. My aunt who is a massive Elvis Presley fan totally believes that Elvis is still very much alive. Of course with my aunt being in her 70s. She is not exactly right in the head at times.

Any way even though I hate Elvis and his music. Just like my aunt hates Michael and his music. Elvis I am going to say that he was no where near as talented. Or as famous as Michael is. Elvis never wrote his own songs. Where Michael did write his own songs. And Elvis could not dance. At least not the way Michael could. Plus some of the Bollywood actors are huge Michael Jackson fans. And totally own their careers to him. Hrithik Roshan alone is India's version of MJ when it comes to dancing. He is the best male dancer in India. He even had to dance like him in his 2014 movie Bang Bang. Not a single Bollywood actor is a Elvis fan. At least not that I know of. Nor have any of them ever own their careers to Elvis.

I don't think this has to do with age or mental ability. There are many Elvis's fans in denial of his death. The same with MJ's fans and I'd bet there are Prince's fans that deny Prince has passed away.

Back