Slave To The Rhythm (Timbaland 2014) Stream

I can be wrong but something tells me that the version of the song for the video (if there’ll be one) will change all the “problems” with lacking in Rhythm and so on.
The song has something to “add” to it and it's wonderful!!!

My second disappointment. Once again, the verses are quite good, but the chorus is a major disappointment. Where is the groove and the rhythm and the weight of the chorus? It's gone.

It's not weak at all IMO. - It's strong and catchy!

And the way MJ's vocals lead the song is genius!

The vocals are great, yes.
The instrumental is interesting but doesnt fit well to the vocals. I expected much more from a Timbaland production. Maybe the people will like that one because they heard in the Xperia-ads but I really dont feel that one, except the great intro.

Timbaland sucked all the fun out of Tricky's version

tricky version is weak.

i was right, in the beginning of trickys mix, you can hear the demo ( headphones bleeding)

Last edited:
I feel like Timbaland sucked all the fun and energy out of the song. With Michael's demo version now out and the Tricky mix, I can say neither of them stuck true to what Michael probably envisioned. But the Tricky mix, IMO, is easily more of an attractive for club goer's, Timbaland's version, is not. It just feels so boring.

The words to this song are so SAD. If only more men took note of how hard a woman works for her family and she should be appreciated and be treated like a queen. I'm telling you women kind should survive with their inner strength in tact and continue to be the glue to your family, even if your husband is the biggest male chauvinist in the world.

Kind of reminds you of the short film, "Black or White" or the Donna Summer song, "She Works Hard For The Money". Yep Michael understood relationship's so much better then he is given credit for.

At the very least all production's are danceable so we can all be "Slaves To The Rhythm" in that respect!

No, the original one will make you happy.

What they said! The original version of STTR could be a single, it's that good. I always admired the different sounds Michael used, sonically they make love to my ears, but also because it's so unique you can't really date them (Dangerous and beyond).

As previously stated here Xscape is a PERFECT album. Including the demos to appease the fans, and the contemprized versions for the public was BRILLANT!

I think we all agree that there's at least 4 strong singles here, and Sony doesn't have to limit itself to the new versions. As we saw with Hollywood Tonight they'll use a different mix for the single/music video release if they feel it makes sense.

Personally I would like to see the following:

1st - Love Never Felt So Good
2nd - Loving You - Timbaland (perfect Summer jam, will get tons of exposure)
3rd - Chicago - Timbaland (really surprises the public with the quality of the urban production)
4th - Slave To The Rhythm - Original (the vocals are front and center and sonically you can't get the instrumental out your head)
5th - A Place With No Name - Timbaland (but use the MJ mix for the music video)

Personally I would like to see the following:

1st - Love Never Felt So Good
2nd - Loving You - Timbaland (perfect Summer jam, will get tons of exposure)
3rd - Chicago - Timbaland (really surprises the public with the quality of the urban production)
4th - Slave To The Rhythm - Original (the vocals are front and center and sonically you can't get the instrumental out your head)
5th - A Place With No Name - Timbaland (but use the MJ mix for the music video)

Nearly perfect choose, but I think STTR sounds too unfinished for a Single-Release (still better than Timbos Remake)

APWNN is from Stargate ;)

I like a lot of songs on this album, 'demo-wise' and new mixes. But the 2014 version of STTR is still not my cup of tea.

I love the Tricky version of STTR. But this 2014 mix is just, a ramble all over the place. Not in a good way. It sounds FLAT. Sorry.
Maybe my opinion on this song will change after the 20th time I listen to it, but I guess not since I keep skipping it, HA!

Listening to STTR right now - I really like the new version more and more!!

Aren't there technically 4 versions of STTR? The original demo, the 2010 Tricky Stewart mix the 2013 Bieber mix by Max Methods and the new 2014 version. My fave would be the 2013 version if it didn't have Bieber wish there was a way someone could edit it and make it only with MJ's vocals.

Back