Slave To The Rhythm (Timbaland 2014) Stream

Its just not enough, for a song called Slave to the RHYTHM its severely lacking in Rhythm. Doesn't make me want to dance at all, and its boring, I can skip anywhere in the track and it sounds the damn same xD

Its just not enough, for a song called Slave to the RHYTHM its severely lacking in Rhythm. Doesn't make me want to dance at all, and its boring, I can skip anywhere in the track and it sounds the damn same xD

I hope for birchey mix 2.0 with extended outro and adlibs

I mentioned this in the main thread, but this mix is awesome. The thing that I love most about all of these mixes (the 5 we have heard) is that Michael's voice is front and center. His voice was buried on the last album (and I hope Teddy Riley didn't do the same to the song Xscape!)

This song has single potential. Who wouldn't play this? This sounds like classic MJ.

I agree, thing is i dont know how much usable material there is left

Well, at least 16 songs (probably not counting Redone, will.i.am tracks since Estate has no access). For the Xscape project they considered 24 potential tracks, cut it down to 20. They worked on 14 of the 20 tracks. And 8 made the cut.

Could not have said it better, it's pretty terrible it really is . there's no rythem , and michael mostly used drum kicks or some good claps but where's that?

The beginning of the song sent me into a frenzy! Those chains sound EPIC, followed by his powerful vocals and the spidery bassline. This is something I had play on the stereo loud and it had sound otherwordly!

I just wish the producer would have given a dramatic pause when the song starts building up, like how they did in the beginning of the song. The product would have been nothing short of epic.

I love this version!

I prefer the leaked version. Thats all LOL

Feel the same. Its an average Production not perfect though.
I don't understand why some peeple are praising this production but don't like Stargates work?!:bored2:

Anyway the bridge made by Timbo is awesome. :)

Remember guys, when the Album drops there will be 3 versions of STTR... MJs mix, Stewart 2010 and Timbaland 2014

I am not sure about that any more :/
Ellen premiered the Tricky-Stewart-Mix! Hopefully we will get the original one left by Michael.

Damn, never would've thought I'd prefer the Tricky version (final mix with echoed vocals) over this.

This is too much all over the place for me and I'm not feeling the rhythm and a bit too boring for STTR. STTR needs more epic production.

See when the song started, I was surprised, the intro was amazing, with the chains. Promising good epic production, orchestra like. Then it just suddenly turns into supersonic electro music which I don't feel (never did when I heard the commercials before either)

Oh well, Blue Gangster in some hours!

The lenght is exactly the same too. You can see it on the Tracklist of the Deluxe one.

It was pretty much confirmed in an review that the original one is the demo from 89. People
at the listening parties did attest to that aswell.

Damn, never would've thought I'd prefer the Tricky version (final mix with echoed vocals) over this.

This is too much all over the place for me and I'm not feeling the rhythm and a bit too boring for STTR. STTR needs more epic production.

See when the song started, I was surprised, the intro was amazing, with the chains. Promising good epic production, orchestra like. Then it just suddenly turns into supersonic electro music which I don't feel (never did when I heard the commercials before either)

Oh well, Blue Gangster in some hours!

I also never heard the sound in the commercial.. its like a completely new sound lol.

Agree with you 100%. Trickys version is waaaay better. Damn I hate this, I love STTR but I dont feel this Timbaland version at all :( :(

Last edited:
I also never heard the sound in the commercial.. its like a completely new sound lol.

Agree with you 100%. Trickys version is waaaay more better. Damn I hate this, I love STTR but I dont feel this Timbaland version at all :( :(

I am just too happy we will get the original version. The strongest songs are still remaining :)
dykwyca ad bg

I hope they worked perfectly on these 2 tracks. I wouldnt care about the rest then. ;)

This it great !!

New favorite from Xscape I think. - Don't know which I like the most Loving You or STTR - they are both amazing!!!

I like the 2014 production of the song.

ALSO - it's like MJ's vocal are more in front of the song in this version. I love that. MJ's voice should always be the center of the song!

I am just too happy we will get the original version. The strongest songs are still remaining :)
dykwyca ad bg

I hope they worked perfectly on these 2 tracks. I wouldnt care about the rest then. ;)

I know, thats why I ordered the deluxe version because Im mainly here for the demos. I want MJ to do good on the charts as well.

MJ cared, he wasnt a singles artist, he was an album artist and wanted all songs to be perfect. Im not asking or expecting the new producers to do exactly as MJ because its frankly impossible but Im bit dissapointed since this is a fave song for me. This version is imo too busy and too much.

I agree with this review of the song: "Timbaland has used to show off all his production toucheslashings of beatboxing in the intro, loads of vocal tics throughout, big spidery bassline and, as with some of his other songs on Xscape, barely any space for the song to breathe".

Thats exactly how I feel about this version. I saw someone writing on another board that the Timbaland version got them stressed out haha because it was just too much with the bassline etc.

Oh well. Ill get the demos as well :)

and cant wait to see what they did with DYKWYCA and Blue Gangsta! also two fave songs.

Last edited:

Hey Birchey

After the Holloywood Tonight demo got leaked a few months ago, I replaced ur track (which was on my fan made album)with the demo.

Now it looks like u need to get back to work on ur version of STTR.... coz u owe me one...kiddin.

Can't wait for ur mix !!

STTR is the best on the album so far !!

It's so fresh and the vocals are upfront and crisp. - Best vocals ever!

Hey Birchey

After the Holloywood Tonight demo got leaked a few months ago, I replaced ur track (which was on my fan made album)with the demo.

Now it looks like u need to get back to work on ur version of STTR.... coz u owe me one...kiddin.

Can't wait for ur mix !!

Ha ha lol, yeah, well, I been slowly working on it, but Timbo obviously had the same ideas about the intro as me xD

I've seen it described as a 'club banger'. How it can be described as a banger I will never know, it sounds weak to me and that's the problem.

It's not weak at all IMO. - It's strong and catchy!

And the way MJ's vocals lead the song is genius!

Back