SLAVE TO THE RHYTHM to the next album!

norbat

Proud Member
What you guys think about Sony releasing STTR to the next album?

I think its a very epic song with the club feeling that are very popular today. If they maybe could mix littlebit on the instrumental and give it a fresher,cleaner and more energy to the song! I dont say that the song is not good, but I think if they are going to do that, I think the song would be a very popular song in 2011/2012

Discuss

I'll be happy to hear everything that is 100% authentic / non-controversial / rare / previously unheard

Edit: untouched by sony/estate of course

It will definitively be on the next album with unreleased songs along with other Darkchild produced outtakes from Invincible and Dr. Freeze songs. But I think that the next album with unreleased material won't be out before 2013.

i want a 2CD album this time!

regarding to STTR: i dont like the current instrumental, doesnt fit to MJ's standards. i wouldnt mind if they remix it.

When i first heard Slave To The Rhythm the first question i had was ''Why the hell wasn't this on the Michael album and not released as a single?''

Slave To The Rhythm has hit written all over it with the club music craze that seems to be going around these days. Releasing it as a single really should have been a no brainer

Deffo needs to be mixed, maybe by Rodney as it's current state very, very unfinished but the vocals are killer. Needs a killer beat!!

Listening to Slave to the Rhythm, it's a perfect fit for the next album. It's a great song, great lyric and vocal by Mike, and it's pretty darn funky.

I looove the song as is, but if they need to work on the instrumental that would be fine by me, but Please, please do not touch his vocals, they are perfect!

Deffo needs to be mixed, maybe by Rodney as it's current state very, very unfinished but the vocals are killer. Needs a killer beat!!

As long as the beat don't over shadow the melody i'll be happy

Am I the only one who thinks that the mix we've all heard is a reworked version of sttr??
At the beginning you can hear a different instrumental, which makes me think that they have "updated" the song... Can't be sure though...

I love the lyrics, the vocals and the melody but, to be honest, I don't really like the production (regardless of whether Michael was involved with it or not). As it has been mentioned, it has this club feeling and I am not really into it.

Anyway, I'd like the song to be on the next album, as long as it is the original untouched version, the way Michael left it. I just hate the idea of remixing his songs...

I love STTR and I would love it to be on the next album.

By the way, there is a new song out my Pitbull called "Give me everything". In the song they say 'tonight' exactly the same way MJ says it in STTR ie ""TonOIGHHt" - I love it. Does anyone think Pitbull was inspired by MJ for this?

Edit : actually I just realised it is Neyo singing that part - almost certainly was influenced by MJ for this :)

Last edited:
The instrumental of the song is made by Tricky Stewarts in 2010 and it's an outtake of MICHAEL 2010.

Just wanted to point out that it's not the original instrumental.There are also different mixes/pre-mixes circulating among trading circles.Didn't manage to listen to any of them yet.

would be great i hope teddy will work with this song! hope it will be great as a song for the next album, x

The vocals are absolutely sensational, whether the original instrumental was those same chords or not, and this new one just changes the sounds, but over the same harmonic base we don't know. If it's the later it needs differen't sounds, his vocals are mad, i love the sweep's on the bridge, but thats about the only part of the current production i like, the original instrumental could have been totally differen't it would be very interesting to hear.

Yeah this song needs to be put on an album and released as a single. This would be a huge song to dance to in the clubs. Here in my town of Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, Tuesday nights we have a place called The Speak Easy. Its Karaoke night. After that gets done, they play dance tunes for people to shake their asses off to. I can see this song being played, and being enjoyed by the patrons.

Hell maybe I should slip the DJ a copy and have him play it this Tuesday. lol

The instrumental of the song is made by Tricky Stewarts in 2010 and it's an outtake of MICHAEL 2010.

Just wanted to point out that it's not the original instrumental.There are also different mixes/pre-mixes circulating among trading circles.Didn't manage to listen to any of them yet.

That is not true. Tricky said in an interview that he done only 2 songs for MICHAEL album: Keep Your Head Up and Stay. He had nothing to do with Slave To The Rhythm. And I think that that is the original instrumental. The first leak of the song was named "STTR (produced by Darkchild)" so it has to be his work from the Invincible sessions. And none of Darchild tracks were considered for the MICHAEL album. Rodney Jerkins wasn't even contacted by the Estate to work on that album.

That is not true. Tricky said in an interview that he done only 2 songs for MICHAEL album: Keep Your Head Up and Stay. He had nothing to do with Slave To The Rhythm. And I think that that is the original instrumental. The first leak of the song was named "STTR (produced by Darkchild)" so it has to be his work from the Invincible sessions. And none of Darchild tracks were considered for the MICHAEL album. Rodney Jerkins wasn't even contacted by the Estate to work on that album.

Darkchild said he NEVER worked on STTR and also that he doesn't know anything about the song.He twitted about it a while ago.

Darkchild said he NEVER worked on STTR and also that he doesn't know anything about the song.He twitted about it a while ago.

Didn't know that. But I don't think that it is Tricky's work either. We'll see..

If they put it on let's hop ethey don't overproduce it and don't add anything that wasn't there. Less is more. They should leave it in the state it is now.
I think Slave to the rhythmn is ahead of it's time, reminding it was recorded in 2000/2001??

Now thinking of it. If Sony wants to do something good, they should release an album and jsut call it Outtakes and don't change the music as they found it. Even though I know that Michael didn't want anyone to hear this because it wasn't finished yet. Not a lot of people would want to hear this, but I would respect it if they said we're not releasing anything because Michael hadn't finished it and he wanted to give his fans the best he could.

No album will ever be the same. It stopped with Invincible.

Just keep Teddy away from anything to do with MJ from now on... :/

Back