So what about HIStory 25?

Lord Jackson

Banned
So, while we still have plans to celebrate HIStory with appropriate audio and audiovisual elements, we don’t believe in making announcements until we are in a position to share all of the relevant details
They said that like a year ago already, when's the stuff coming?

They might want to make a documentary and re-release the album close to that.

We basically had a History celebration when blood of the dance floor was released 2 years later 🙃

They apparently realized that the 25th anniversary release of the 'HIStory' album (with bonus songs, etc) will do more harm than good to the singer's legacy because it will inevitably remind to many people negative stuff regarding his life (child sexual abuse allegations against him, drug abuse, etc).

Especially, considering the big impact that the 'Leaving Neverland' documentary had, which seems to have put a premature end to any kind of plans for anniversary releases of the 'HIStory' album.

And technically, the 'HIStory' album recording sessions seem to offer very few, unheard complete outtakes for inclusion in such an anniversary release (in general, most of the complete outtakes from that era have already been released).

They apparently realized that the 25th anniversary release of the 'HIStory' album (with bonus songs, etc) will do more harm than good to the singer's legacy because it will inevitably remind to many people negative stuff regarding his life (child sexual abuse allegations against him, drug abuse, etc).

Especially, considering the big impact that the 'Leaving Neverland' documentary had, which seems to have put a premature end to any kind of plans for anniversary releases of the 'HIStory' album.

And technically, the 'HIStory' album recording sessions seem to offer very few, unheard complete outtakes for inclusion in such an anniversary release (in general, most of the complete outtakes from that era have already been released).
I think you're right on this one, from his main albums (excluding Blood on the Dance Floor), HIStory is the one with the least content
(with maybe Off The Wall having possibly less content, but really we don't have any idea as nothing leaked)
Invincible 25 should be done, that could easily have content

drug abuse
If this stopped people from buying somebody's records, then rock, jazz, reggae, etc. would have never been a thing. There's the old slogan "sex, drugs, and rock n roll". Psychedelic rock & stoner rock are directly influenced by drug use. There's a band called The Doobie Brothers, lol. Maybe today's "cancel culture" generation might have a problem with it. But Snoop Dogg & Willie Nelson still have careers today. :ROFLMAO:

Taj hinted that it's still coming, he "over hears things but can't repeat them", Dangerous should have replaced it if they got cold feet

Thriller 25 was released in February 2008, despite the original album coming out in November 1982. I know it’s unlikely but I still have some hope for Dangerous 30 coming out in early 2022.

There won't be any celebration for an album that is not legendary... Dangerous was a huge hit but it is pretty much forgotten these days.

Dangerous is nearly as successful as Bad
Yes, Dangerous is a forgotten album for the public. Normally anniversary editions are reserved for albums that are popular with the public. For Michael, those albums would be Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad, and all three of these albums got an anniversary edition.

Having said that, I hope dangerous gets an anniversary edition someday.

There won't be any celebration for an album that is not legendary... Dangerous was a huge hit but it is pretty much forgotten these days.
It’s not less popular or legendary than Sign O‘ The Times by Prince.

It’s not less popular or legendary than Sign O‘ The Times by Prince.
I disagree. Sign of the Times may not have sold as well as Dangerous, but it is considered by many to be Prince’s Magnus opus. It is on many lists as one of the best albums ever, it is rated higher than Thriller, Bad and Off The Wall on most lists. So even though I prefer Dangerous more, Sign Of The Times is more legendary.

What makes me pissed is the fact they showed some Prague footage on MJ One Premiere!
I still don't understand why they even showed that and what's the plans for those footages? I mean they restored(?) and recover that stuff from the archives just for showing that at MJ One premiere? It doesn't makes any sense at all. I heard some Rumors about Branca claiming to release that via streaming sources (Netflix/Amazon or whatever).

I disagree. Sign of the Times may not have sold as well as Dangerous, but it is considered by many to be Prince’s Magnus opus. It is on many lists as one of the best albums ever, it is rated higher than Thriller, Bad and Off The Wall on most lists. So even though I prefer Dangerous more, Sign Of The Times is more legendary.
Yes, music critics love it and rightfully so, but I’m talking about the general public here, which is one of the main targets when it comes to new releases. Most people who aren’t Prince fans or music enthusiasts don’t know about the album and haven’t listened to it. Dangerous is way more popular with the general public because they, at the very least, know singles from it (if not the album itself).

I love Prince and Sign of the Times is great but none of the Prince albums are as good as the MJ albums you mentioned. Prince put out too many albums in my opinion.

I love Prince and Sign of the Times is great but none of the Prince albums are as good as the MJ albums you mentioned. Prince put out too many albums in my opinion.
I love Prince too and also prefer MJ's music, but Prince is generally considered a better artist by the critics. Obviously that isn't an opinion I agree with.

I love Prince too and also prefer MJ's music, but Prince is generally considered a better artist by the critics. Obviously that isn't an opinion I agree with.
I get it, I hate the comparisons. Both are so different in their own way. Prince certainly has certain talents greater than Michael. One thing Michael has on everyone is magic! I never believed in magic until I watched MJ. Mjs aura was intoxicating if you get my drift. It seemed as if time stopped when he performed. His voice is haunting and calming at the same time. We were lucky to have him. Too bad not everyone appreciates that.

I also think he put out too many albums...especially double albums or boxsets. It seemed like he was releasing an album a year for the longest time.

I kinda wished Michael had released more albums in his adult life, but not as many as Prince did. Sometimes less is more.

I was thinking about my own take on MJ’s HIStory album. I came up with a 10 song album. My album would be called “money” as history would’t make sense on my chosen tracklist.

1) Tabloid Junkie

Opening with this as this was perhaps Michael’s biggest frustration in his life, immediately calling out the problem with this hard hitting track

2) scream

Michael still going crazy over the shit that is being thrown at him, the tabloids make him scream

3) they don’t care about us

MJ calling out the critics, hitting back

4) Ghosts

Michael still hitting back, are the critics the ghosts of jealousy?

5) Money

they do it all for the money, right?

6) stranger in Moscow

The first moment of calm ,how does it feel when you’re lonely and being singled out?

7) childhood

Have you seen it? michael trying to show the critics why he is ho he is.

8) Morphine

All the bullshit has lead him to drugs

9) D.S.
really getting personal now, full blown angry

10) Is it Scary

Well am I scary to you Sneddon and critics?

This would have been my album after Michael’s most turbulent period of his life. Very thematic and personal. Other great tracks like earth song or little susie could have been used for other albums

And what about "HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book II"? (which would have the advantage that it could be released any year no matter the age of the album)

I hope we get "Got To Be There+Ben" and "Looking Through the Windows" 50 this year!

I hope we get "Got To Be There+Ben" and "Looking Through the Windows" 50 this year!
I highly doubt we will. Since when has motown done anniversaries for jackson 5?

Last edited:
Back