Songs That Aren't By Michael But Sound Like A Michael Song

There's a guy called the Weeknd and it sounds corny how he's trying to imitate Michael. He's got a new song called "I Can't Feel My Face" and he's even trying to do the adlibs and breathing sounds!
Lol, old people react to rising indie star The Weeknd, 2015

#1 Fan by TJ Jackson

That whole song has Michael written all over it SO MUCH, that I always end up crying my eyes out because I can almost literally hear Michael singing it! The whole structure and orchestration of the song is so Michael…the harmonies and instruments…the lyrics…just EVERYTHING!!! It’s like ”Did Michael come back to write a sing and gave it to TJ?!!” 😳❤️ It is THAT much of ”like an MJ song”. Like he wrote and produced that song feom the heavens or something! 😳 It reminds me so much of the songs Michael recorded between 2000-2009! 😩❤️ So yeah…if there is one song by someone else that I think could’ve been written and sung by Michael…it is THAT one. So much so that it almost freaks me out! 😳😢❤️ And like I said….makes me cry each time because I miss hearing Michael’s voice and his songs…Well, basically I miss him, period. 🥲🥲❤️❤️❤️❤️

Father John Misty - Things It Would Have Been Helpful To Know Before The Revolution

My Life, by Robin Thicke from the Despicable Me soundtrack. Co written and produced by Pharrell Williams. This is one of the most Mike inspired and sounding tracks I've ever heard

I found Alfonzo for you - Here is an eerie MJ soundalike off his self titled 1982 album.

This article also has a bit of info about him

Listening to the song, he is really ramping up the falsetto, but yeah I am hearing a Jacksonesque sound. I think there is also an early Prince influence coming through too. Sort of I wanna be your lover era (1979) but the ooh! at the start could be stolen off DSTYGE.

Funnily it mentions the label LARC records (Likely Larkin Arnold who was signed by Epic in the mid 80s and offered contracts to Prince and Rick James soundalike acts), also released some records by Latoya Jackson. Some of the songs on Alfonzo, also had rather Prince like titles - Your Booty makes me moody and I wanna give you love until you scream, probably means he was listening to Dirty Mind, Streetsongs and Controversy as well as Off the wall and Triumph.

Was wondering why it reminded me of MJ so much then I realised it was written and produced by the guy that co-wrote Fall Again
That is new info for me maybe this song introduced to Michael and rejected it in the Invincible era along with a couple of Savage Garden's songs like Tow beds and a coffee machine

I think this could've been a Michael song
I'll Walk In Sunshine Again - Keith Urban

This guy was very MJ Influenced. Similar adlibs and even tries to do the “hee hee” on the studiopolis music video

The closest Usher ever got to MJ’s sound

Lots of Nu-Disco artists were influenced by MJ. Daft Punk, Justice, Breakbot, etc. The songs below sound straight from Thriller. The second one literally sounds like Baby Be Mine.

Last edited:
Back