Songs that only just missed out on inclusion on an album?

Price Of Fame almost made the Bad album. There's proof of this as there was versions of the Pepsi commercials MJ shot for the Bad "The Chase" TV ads, that used POF in some of them.

Since 'Blood On The Dancefloor', 'Ghosts' and 'Remember The Time' sound so very alike (same drum kit and samples) they most probably are from the same sessions; I think they didn't change BOTDF much for it's release on History (I wish they did tbh, it sounded outdated upon release)

I believe the devils are in the details. Riley’s early demos were always groovier, and funkier than what actually made it onto the record (In the closet is a good example). I bet the groove of BOTDF has enough subtle differences that makes it feels really different, not to mention that he sung the verses from sunset driver in the demo.
"The word is out that you're doing wrong" is also in bad from sunset driver

Michael and Xscape doesn't really makes sense to include, cause MJ was dead and did not record any songs for those albums... So there are no leftover from those albums.

There are many songs from the Invincible sessions.
There's really nothing left to talk about lol. But songs were left off those albums so I still ,"count" it. The solo version of Love Never Felt So Good from "Michael" would end up on "Xscape". Basically motivating L.A. Reid to do the project and inform him of what they could do.

Share some quotes, then.

Also, TUC was put together without Michael’s involvement. He had final say on the track listing, but given his state of mind at the time it’s fair to assume he wasn’t in any mood to work with Sony or worry about a box set. Seeing that he kept working on it afterwards, he clearly wasn’t happy with that decision.
Considering how little releasable material is supposed to be in the vault in general, it was actually a really stupid decision to bake so much material from the vault onto the TUC, it's a waste because we have great songs on it that deserve a better release

Considering how little releasable material is supposed to be in the vault in general, it was actually a really stupid decision to bake so much material from the vault onto the TUC, it's a waste because we have great songs on it that deserve a better release
WTF? they didn’t know MJ would die at a young age.

The album came out in 2004. MJ was alive to make new songs still.

Technically the whole Farewell My Summer Love album missed out in 1973.
I believe Farewell My Summer Love would have come out in 1974 not 1973. I doubt they would have saturated the market again with 2 solo albums in the same year especially after MUSIC & ME performed poorly on the charts. Based on the recording dates on Farewell I assume it would have been released in the spring or early summer 1974

I believe Farewell My Summer Love would have come out in 1974 not 1973. I doubt they would have saturated the market again with 2 solo albums in the same year especially after MUSIC & ME performed poorly on the charts. Based on the recording dates on Farewell I assume it would have been released in the spring or early summer 1974
I also believe "I'll Come Home To You" would have been on Farewell had it come out in 1974. It is clearly the oldest song on FOREVER MICHAEL. It was recorded in December 1973. Melodie most likely would not have been on the final record as it was recorded during the MUSIC AND ME sessions.

Michael must have really liked Someone Put Your Hand Out considering the fact that it came really close to making Dangerous and the instrumental of it was used on the Dangerous Tour. That makes me wonder if he would have worked on it again for a future album

Michael must have really liked Someone Put Your Hand Out considering the fact that it came really close to making Dangerous and the instrumental of it was used on the Dangerous Tour. That makes me wonder if he would have worked on it again for a future album
it was released during a promotion with pepsi, so it is not unreleased.

can i just say that sven nelson's playlists absolutely ruined the gemeral mj community's perception on unreleased songs lmao, people saying songs like Mind is the Magic and What more can i Give "should have been released!"
"Album Outtakes" would've been a better name as most of the songs still never made it to their intended albums tbh.

can i just say that sven nelson's playlists absolutely ruined the general mj community's perception on unreleased songs lmao, people saying songs like Mind is the Magic and What more can i Give "should have been released!"
Truly..he is no florin Mihalache

I have actually just written off MJ YouTube completely, they are a wretched hive of scum and villainy

What he meant was reffering to the mastering, the song indeed, does sound a million times better on the promo CD/tape than it does on TUC.
ah, ok. The promo cd has its full dynamics intact.

VOyMObv.png

My playlists were organized by releases (CD singles, albums, compilations, etc.)
Yes, I always enjoyed that aspect. Getting to hear every particular different version made for great listening and archiving. There are still exclusive Mp3s I have thanks to you.

'Someone Put Your Hand Out' is a mundane, dull and prosaic ballad, and the fact that Michael Jackson sings in falsetto makes the song even more unbearable for the listener.
Like All In Your Name, I often think that these songs could be a little too much for casual fans or listeners.

Imagine Dangerous:
Out:
Keep The Faith
She Drives Me Wild
Heal the World
Unimaginable.

The 'Dangerous' album would not have benefited from the inclusion of the 'Someone Put Your Hand Out' song.

'Someone Put Your Hand Out' is a mundane, dull and prosaic ballad, and the fact that Michael Jackson sings in falsetto makes the song even more unbearable for the listener.

Besides, 'Someone Put Your Hand Out' could not coexist with 'Will You Be There' on the same album (they resemble even to their background vocals).

That is why Teddy Riley became very angry when Michael Jackson released that song in 1997 without asking him first.

Teddy Riley would have given the 'Blood On The Dance Floor' song a more current sound (for the 1997 release), and that it would have made the song more appealing and more successful.
Still an all time worse take on this entire website, maybe in the whole fandom

Also you should consider that the album released as FAREWELL MY SUMMER LOVE would probably have a different tracklist had it come out in 74 besides those 3 tracks I mentioned. It is unlikely they would have released MELODIE on that album as it was actually cut during the MUSIC AND ME sessions. You might have seen some of those tracks but I am sure it would have been very different song wise as to what was chosen. The original version of DON'T LET IT GET YOU DOWN has a sound that would work with the 3 DANCING MACHINE tracks but it's hard to say if the Bob Crewe productions would have made the cut at the time. I think they had to pull together what they had available that had not come out by 84 to make up that record. I think tracks like I'LL COME HOME TO YOU would have probably made the cut as that is the oldest song on FOREVER, MICHAEL as it was cut in December 73 making it a likely contender for the 74 album but it was held until they started work on another new set of recordings in late 74. I'm sure some of the tracks that were used on JOYFUL JUKEBOX MUSIC could have also been contenders for the 74 record. I just do not think the tracklist that came out in 84 is the same tracklist that would have come out in 74.
No Melodie was going to be on Farewell My Summer Love, it was on the original 1974 acetate on side 2 titled "Melody"

Back