Songs that should have been singles

Just Good Friends. A mortal sin that it is treated like the black sheep of bad!

definitely should have been released as a single, it's not often when you hear Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder on the same record.

one of my favorite songs on Bad

could have made a great in studio video

MJ unleashed some of his best adlibs ever w/those heee, heeeee..........wooooo, hoooooooos

Last edited:

History should have been released as a single in america and would have been a great debut single to set the whole tone for the album

Break of Dawn , We've had Enough and Whatever Happens.

These 3 songs really are deserved more spotlight they needed to be singles.

Unbreakable
She Drives Me Wild
For All Time
Tabloid Junkie
Just Good Friends
Get On The Floor
Lady in My Life
Whatever Happens
Cant Let Her Get Away

This Time Around with Biggie, would've fit perfectly alongside Scream and You Are Not Alone

"Somebody's out.. Somebody's out to use me, they really wanna use me and then falsely accuse me" would've loved to hear this on the radio!

I feel like there was so much wasted potential with the Invincible album, in regards to possible singles. Whatever Happens would have been amazing as a single, along with Break of Dawn and Butterflies. Then again, I'm a sucker for the Invincible album so I would have been happy with anything.

For the caliber of such artists JGF is as lame as hell, Get It is a little better.

I don't remember if Who Is It was a single, if it wasn't, what a crime. It was also a crime Sony didn't let Michael release Smile.

Unbreakable, Whatever Happens and Threaten would have been great singles.

any road you take will get you there

if you willing to tryyyyyyy

:smoothcriminal::smoothcriminal::smoothcriminal:

I love Keep the Faith, I think it's one of the best songs on the Dangerous album.

^You have the all right to dislike TGIM even though some of us love it. As I have all the right to dislike JGF even though some of you love it, we can't like the same stuff all the time.

For the caliber of such artists JGF is as lame as hell, Get It is a little better.

Kinda agree with this. Not saying that it's bad or anything but just very average. I was expecting something more soulful and classic coming from them like Can't help it. Imo Get It is a little better than JGF but still not a standout track.

Butterflies was the third single of Invincible. It charted no. 14 on the Billboard Hot 100 and no. 2 on the Billboard R&B

E0Zqkl.jpg

I'd have chosen Unbreakable, Whatever Happens or Threatened over Cry, which was the 2nd single.

I will never ever understand the hate for Just Good Friends. The entire BAD album is a masterpiece

Oh wow. So you're saying Speed Demon is better than JGF?

Yes, in my opinion it is, I like Speed Demon. I don't think JGF is terrible but it's always that one song I skip on the album.

^My sentiments exactly. I don't hate JGF either but I just don't think it's a masterpiece worth of Michael's and Stevie's caliber.

I don't feel bad for not liking it since none of them composed the track. The composers are the same ones who gave Tina Tuner the hit What's Love Got To Do With It but JGF is pretty generic to say the least.

Oh wow. So you're saying Speed Demon is better than JGF?

Speed Demon is a great song. Very underrated by the fan base!

Having said that, I don't understand the bashing JGF gets either.

Off The Wall:
Get On The Floor
I Can't Help It
Working Day or Night

Thriller:
Baby Be Mine

Bad:
N/A

Dangerous:
Dangerous
Why You Wanna Trip on Me

HIStory:
2 Bad
Money

Blood on The Dancefloor:
Morphine

Invincible:
Unbreakable
Break of Dawn
Threatened

Michael:
N/A

Bad 25:
Al Capone
Streetwalker
Song Groove (AKA Abortion Papers)

Xscape:
Chicago
Loving You

Speed Demon is a great song. Very underrated by the fan base!

Having said that, I don't understand the bashing JGF gets either.

i think some of us were pretty clear expressing the reasons why but I agree with your comment about Speed Demon, it screams creativity and pioneering unlike JGF. If it wasn't a single, it should have been.

Back