Songs that sound better live

Galactus123;4093952 said:
He could have sang it live in other rehearsals too. We just don't have the footage. :)

It goes without saying.

There is no doubt that earlier live ‘Stranger in Moscow’ vocals snippets (audio &/or video) exist (from California maybe) but are not available.

Also, I suppose he rehearsed live that song in Bremen, but, apart from this footage nothing else is still available:

[video=youtube;k8j2BnlAMFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8j2BnlAMFk[/video]

I hope that full HIStory Tour rehearsals will leak someday. Then we might get to hear live vocals for songs like Stranger In Moscow, You Are Not Alone and Earth Song

Human Nature, definitely. I love the album version, but hearing it live always felt better.

When I listen to the Album version of the songs, I remember how Michael sang it Live.

I never heard that tiny snippet of SIM live. Hopefully he did the full song live. Sounded very passionate

Human Nature from This is it it's playback?I don't understand:3
Its not. I heard they might have done something to the vocals to make them sound even better but its live. Someone said that some parts sound a bit different in the clips that were released before the movie came out.

“Heartbreak Hotel” live is otherworldly.

Also, something about the live arrangement of “Thriller” elevates it even higher.

Human Nature - Victory Tour
Destiny - Destiny Tour
Jam
Ben - Triumph Tour
Man In The Mirror - Dangerous Tour
Another Part Of Me
Heartbreak Hotel - Bad Tour first leg

I am sure there are others, but these are the only ones I can think of right now.

Human Nature - Victory Tour
Destiny - Destiny Tour
Jam
Ben - Triumph Tour
Man In The Mirror - Dangerous Tour
Another Part Of Me
Heartbreak Hotel - Bad Tour first leg

I am sure there are others, but these are the only ones I can think of right now.
To me, Human Nature on the Victory Tour is the best version of the song, ever.

Lol, I'm serious though - the instrumentals on the This Is It version were so good!
true.The musicians for This is It were incredible.I just can t say the same for the 50 yr old Mike.....to me poor Michael never looked ready for any of those shows. If it wasnt for those reheraseals,concerts and stress for him for that damn tour...maybe he would still be here

true.The musicians for This is It were incredible.I just can t say the same for the 50 yr old Mike.....to me poor Michael never looked ready for any of those shows. If it wasnt for those reheraseals,concerts and stress for him for that damn tour...maybe he would still be here
I don't blame the rehearsals. It was that doctor's fault.

They Don't Care About Us (History Tour/MJ One)
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (History Tour)
Human Nature (Bad Tour/This Is It)
Things I Do For You (Bad Tour)
Another Part Of Me (Bad Tour)
Beat It (MJ One)

Last edited:
I heard 2 different performances of “who’s loving you” live one from 1970 and one from 1971 and both times it completely trumps the album version. As a matter of fact basically all Motown songs were done better live than in the studio. Something about energy

To me, Human Nature on the Victory Tour is the best version of the song, ever.
Oh, that was nice. Just checked out the Dallas version of HN. I prefer the TII version, tbh, but that's probably because it was the first one I bonded with. But this was fabulous. Michael looked and sounded so relaxed and his voice sounded great. Loved it.

1. Led Zeppelin - Black Dog
2. Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood
3. The Allman Brothers Band - Whipping Post
4. Nirvana - All Apologies
5. Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

I adore Jimi and Voodoo Chile is one of my top songs. Haven't checked it out live. Probably because I got to know it through the radio, lol, so that's the sound that's fixed forever in my head. But I really should check this out. I've seen all of his films so I know he just kills it live. I usually never read books about the musicians I like, I'd rather spend my time listening to their music. But just yesterday I found a second-hand copy of a book about Jimi called Made In England; looks interesting.

Also gonna check out the Allman Bros suggestion. They were never one of my top bands at the time but I think that's cos I had so many. There wasn't enough room for them! But they are brilliant. They're a weird band because they are so highly rated and yet also, I think, massively underrated. It's weird. I was listening to them a lot last year and finding lots of songs that were new to me. Back in the day I only knew the stuff that got onto the radio.

Zep - always has to be studio versions for me. I don't rate them that highly, live.

SRV - probably won't

Nirvana - don't love 'em (do love Teen Spirit) but the title is interesting so will check that out

I notice there is no Michael on your list. Bold move! I like it.

Why are you posting songs that are not MJ?

I heard 2 different performances of “who’s loving you” live one from 1970 and one from 1971 and both times it completely trumps the album version. As a matter of fact basically all Motown songs were done better live than in the studio. Something about energy
Yes! Who's Loving you is so much better live

Hehe if we’re gonna go ALL artists then I like to add this performance of “into the mystic” by Van Morrison!

Back