Songs that you are grateful for not making it onto an album.

Spaceship

Proud Member
One thing I'm very glad remained an outtake is "If You Don't Love Me". It's weird, because I think all of the songs MJ released with Bill Bottrell were good, but this one is straight garbage lol

Last edited:
“Throwin’ Your Life Away.” I know it’s fan favorite, but it’s always been excessively average to me. I don’t care to ever hear it in HQ.

“What a Lovely Way to Go” is just terrible.

The original demo of “Chicago” is one of the blandest songs MJ ever contributed to. I have no idea what he heard in it.

For the most part I do love every MJ recording, including the outtakes.

My only major exception is Shout.
It's way too "hard hitting" for my taste, and boarderline painfull to listen to.

Replacing it the last minute with You Are My Life was definitely a good call.

With that said, there are like ten other songs from the Invincible sessions that I consider to be stronger than YAML, but it's still lightyears better than Shout.

I love every song by Michael's voice so im not grateful its hard to say it

What a lovely way to go is wonderful, I love listening to it, but I am totally fine it did not make it into the album, it does not fit with other album songs, it's just a very different style.

What a lovely way to go is wonderful, I love listening to it, but I am totally fine it did not make it into the album, it does not fit with other album songs, it's just a very different style.
Finally someone liking What A Lovey Way To Go ! I also like it, it's really nice!
Thank you @Hiker ! (Also my mom likes this song so yea. I listen to my mom. I'm a good child.)

Last edited:
One thing I'm very glad remained an outtake is "If You Don't Love Me". It's weird, because I think all of the songs MJ released with Bill Bottrell, but this one is straight garbage lol
I agree. I've never liked that song. To me, it reminiscent of a rejected boyband song.

Also not a fan of Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me, which I've stated numerous times in other threads.

every Invincible outtake is top notch and his best work. I'd rather throw out some ballads from the actual album, because those are non-bangers.

However I'm glad that What A Lovely Way To Go wasn't released back then. I simply hate it.

If you don't love me I agree is very poor. I also don't like what a lovely way to go.

I do love shout though and think it's better than 2000 watts. It's different.

On the flip side, it's criminal that hot street never made an album. Loving you is another I really like!!

I'm very glad Dangerous was as it was. I'm glad the other songs stayed off for later.

Why am I the only one that truly likes (maybe even loves) “If you don’t love me”? I especially like the verses. I don’t know why, but I just get in a good mood whenever I listen to it.
nope, you're not the only one, truly!

i've put this song on my list of, "MJ songs to make animated storyboards for one day." that and "scared of the moon."

Back