Songs that you are grateful for not making it onto an album.

Carousel and Hot Street. Good songs but sound dated and weak compared to what made the Thriller album. Proof that sometimes less is better.

SPYHO. Too slow and dull for Dangerous. I like listening to it once in a while, it has beautiful vocals, but it would have killed the momentum of the album.

I know a lot of people here won't agree... but I am glad Someone Put Your Hand Out wasn't on Dangerous. I love the way Michael sings the bridge, but I am not a fan of his falsetto voice.

I have to admit though: I would opt for this song instead of Heal the World.

I know a lot of people here won't agree... but I am glad Someone Put Your Hand Out wasn't on Dangerous. I love the way Michael sings the bridge, but I am not a fan of his falsetto voice.

I have to admit though: I would opt for this song instead of Heal the World.
Not even of the live '' Ohh Why''s that he does in falsetto,while performing ''Human Nature'' during his shows?

SPYHO. Too slow and dull for Dangerous. I like listening to it once in a while, it has beautiful vocals, but it would have killed the momentum of the album.
But "Heal the World" didn't? lol

But "Heal the World" didn't? lol

There are slow songs on Dangerous, but I don't feel drained when listening to him. Its hard to explain, but with SPYHO, it just kills the energy for me. Its subjective anyway

Agreed on the Bryan Loren stuff , dull as dishwater. Sorry not a popular opinion and i know it appeared on History but i cannot stand You Are not alone. The video , also the fact it was written by a predator a poor mans She's out of my life ( concert wise , although that may have been different if he sung it live)

Yeah Bryan Loren trash lol.

Shame "Superfly Sister" made it on Blood, not one of his songs should have seen the light of release.

Oh,even the ones from this show?
That sounds better. I do like the the 'O why' falsetto voice on the album track though. It can be great when Michael uses it for ad libs. I just don't like it when he sings complete verses in that voice. Like on 'Your Ways' on Triumph.

TBH I'd rather Hot Street to replace Billie Jean, I know it's a classic, but for me, it's just really overrated and overused, especially with TikTok and YT Shorts..

That sounds better. I do like the the 'O why' falsetto voice on the album track though. It can be great when Michael uses it for ad libs. I just don't like it when he sings complete verses in that voice. Like on 'Your Ways' on Triumph.
Oh,gotcha 👍

I am glad Michael chose his ‘gritty’ voice for the final part of Earth Song, instead of the falsetto version he also recorded… Is there anyone who likes the falsetto version better?
I might be among those few people,I suppose 🥲 (but I,nonetheless,love his "agressive" and "gritty" voice nearly just as much,to tell you the truth)

I am glad Michael chose his ‘gritty’ voice for the final part of Earth Song, instead of the falsetto version he also recorded… Is there anyone who likes the falsetto version better?
No, because it (the falsetto) obviously doesn’t fit the music. That version is a demo; no need for him to destroy his voice when it wasn’t meant to be final.

Moreover, regarding Michael’s falsetto: I’ve always said that it is the most beautiful male falsetto I’ve ever heard. Nobody except Michael himself could have sung Don’t Stop ’til You Get Enough, or Someone Put Your Hand Out, better. It’s so ridiculously smooth!

• Who Do You Know (unpopular opinion ;-) )
  • Starlight (Thriller better.)
  • Got the hots (not too bad but could have been redundant with other songs)
  • Get Your Weight Off Of Me
  • Rampage (opinion based on the snippets)
  • We Love you (the Jacksons)
  • Maybe some of the J5 Motown outtakes (there are some I don't know well enough to pick)
  • Edit and of course I forgot: Can't Get Out Of The Rain (although I like it being a single b-side and on some compilations)

Last edited:
Maybe some of the J5 Motown outtakes (there are some I don't know well enough to pick)
some of the later released outtakes are imo stronger than some filler tracks on albums released btw 1969 - 1975

some of the later released outtakes are imo stronger than some filler tracks on albums released btw 1969 - 1975

Yes, but not all. And I was also hesitating among those that were never released... like Sunny Boy (was it released actually?), After The Storm, Lavender Blue, To Sir With Love... I haven't listened enough to those.

Moreover, regarding Michael’s falsetto: I’ve always said that it is the most beautiful male falsetto I’ve ever heard. Nobody except Michael himself could have sung Don’t Stop ’til You Get Enough, or Someone Put Your Hand Out, better. It’s so ridiculously smooth!

I have to re-phrase what I said earlier... I usually don't like him singing in his falsetto voice. But Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough is wonderful, you are absolutely right.

“Someone Put Your Hand Down” is also a contender for MJ’s worst outtake. The Dangerous era version is stunning, but the original demo is an abject failure in my eyes.

“Throwin’ Your Life Away.” I know it’s fan favorite, but it’s always been excessively average to me. I don’t care to ever hear it in HQ.
kill-this-man-get-this-man.gif

Back