Sony may unearth new songs individually over the next months and years

I disagree. His productions have been good and quite authentic.
Whatever John McClain thinks he is "producing" (he already ruined too many songs), I hope they will release the untouched original demos next to it.

Whatever John McClain thinks he is "producing" (he already ruined too many songs), I hope they will release the untouched original demos next to it.

I completely disagree. Behind The Mask, Much Too Soon and Love Never Felt So Good, are some of Michael's best posthumous stuff and they are all produced or co-produced by John McClain.

Hess;4229497 said:
Would be great. But unfortunately no one has ever spoken of MJ recording Christmas songs as an adult…

Would love if he had made a Christmas album after HIStory.

That's a big shame that MJ never did a Christmas album as an adult. Every year during the Christmas season, artists such as Elvis Presley garner a lot of sales from his various Christmas albums. I wish Michael too had a done a Christmas album as an adult. Like you said, I think the ideal time would have been after HIStory, in the late 90s. A Christmas album would have enhanced Michael's legacy.

It`s just a tribute-song for Michael. Not his voice on the song (my understanding).

They really need to stop adding all these random,irrelevant artists to these unreleased Michael tracks. Why can't they just be released as SOLO tracks? Why is there the need to add these random nobodies to songs that Michael most likely didn't know or collaborate with? We do not need another Drake or Justin Timberlake fiasco honestly.

It's a tribute track.

They really need to stop adding all these random,irrelevant artists to these unreleased Michael tracks. Why can't they just be released as SOLO tracks? Why is there the need to add these random nobodies to songs that Michael most likely didn't know or collaborate with? We do not need another Drake or Justin Timberlake fiasco honestly.

It has also nothing related to the estate : it's from "769 Entertainment"...

I remember that Michael has completed a christmas song like i said. I will try and find out what year it was. I would also like to hear *from the bottom of my heart* the katrina song and the one that was directly for his fans and the lyrics where in a photo album that was released by dieter!

Have to disagree re: Behind The Mask. Was amazing potential but the Bucharest crowd etc was an absolutely terrible idea

This is what i found!

One Christmas song was recorded during the summer of 1994, with a children's choir. Michael insisted that the entire studio be decorated with Christmas lights, a tree, fake snow and a sled, to set the right atmosphere to their recording. Michael also bought a gift for everyone.

The idea to release singles itself is good imo. I've felt for a long time that every remaining MJ outtake, if it's going to be released, should be treated as a little treasure. Give us the backstory, film a mini-documentary with the collaborators and any footage there may be of Michael working on it, and upload it on YouTube. Include different versions if they are available. It could be a great way to give people an insight into Michael's recording process and artistry.

But of course, we'll probably get a crappy 'contemporization' or 'duet' every few months, with the original version tacked on for purchase if we're 'lucky'.

The idea to release singles itself is good imo. I've felt for a long time that every remaining MJ outtake, if it's going to be released, should be treated as a little treasure. Give us the backstory, film a mini-documentary with the collaborators and any footage there may be of Michael working on it, and upload it on YouTube. Include different versions if they are available. It could be a great way to give people an insight into Michael's recording process and artistry.

But of course, we'll probably get a crappy 'contemporization' or 'duet' every few months, with the original version tacked on for purchase if we're 'lucky'.

Yeah, it's more than likely that it'll all be remixes and we'll barely get any info on the songs.

I think this is a wiser move. I did hope before that Michael would have moved to Singles than the Album sales. But, yeah, too many things happened in the last 20 years. I'm wondering if they are going to rework some unfinished works that were released before (e.g. Invincible outtakes.)?

kai;4229411 said:
Uptown Funk is great.. but there is not a bit of New Jack Swing in it.
It's more a mix of 70s/80s funk.

This is what New Jack Swing sounds like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb2np1HGqxg

Okey so let‘s say more like Finesse by Bruno? That‘s definitely also New Jack Swing. But I know he didn‘t produce this one. But that‘s the sound (production wise) I could imagine for unreleased MJ songs.

Still think the Chris Brown remix will be DJ Khaled's next single, it's a hit for sure. For those that don't know, it's a Rock With You sample, that is more a remix of Rock With You than a sample.

I think this is a wiser move. I did hope before that Michael would have moved to Singles than the Album sales. But, yeah, too many things happened in the last 20 years. I'm wondering if they are going to rework some unfinished works that were released before (e.g. Invincible outtakes.)?

I hope they release Beautiful Girl and Don't Be Messin' 'Round in the final state that Michael had worked on them!

I wish they would unearth a new track soon :rolleyes: it feels like an eternity since we've heard new Michael music (not counting the Drake sample)

Last edited:
Mark Ronson said "new unreleased MJ coming soon" on his Instagram back when "Diamonds Are Invincible" dropped, but that's it.

Without knowing anything about it - I think this hints to some kind of extended version. - I think there was some talk about that?
Hope it's not just the same mix in a longer version... But I think it is. Hope for new music... :)

I hope they release Beautiful Girl and Don't Be Messin' 'Round in the final state that Michael had worked on them!
Is there a more complete version of Beautiful Girl? Would love to hear that one

Is there a more complete version of Beautiful Girl? Would love to hear that one

https://youtu.be/KV25KTQ7RpI
In this video from 2005 you hear a more finished version of the part before the bridge and Beautiful Girl was also on Michael's "song list", the list that was found above his bed, so he definetely continued to work on that after it was released on the Ultimate Collection

Hess;4230017 said:
Without knowing anything about it - I think this hints to some kind of extended version. - I think there was some talk about that?
Hope it's not just the same mix in a longer version... But I think it is. Hope for new music... :)

His exact quote is, "p.s. i CAN’t Wait for you to hear the full extended version i made with even more tunes and unreleased MJ coming soon." So the extended version and unreleased music are definitely two different topics.

If they continue to remix (butcher) the original versions, I prefer if they nothing gets released.

Honestly, I'd rather updated versions that keep true to the spirit and flavor of the original ("Behind the Mask," "This Is It," "Do You Know Where Your Children Are," "Love Never Felt So Good") than nothing. I know we all want the original song with the original production and/or the original producers, but nothing being the alternative? Nah, I can't get behind that.

Honestly, I'd rather updated versions that keep true to the spirit and flavor of the original ("Behind the Mask," "This Is It," "Do You Know Where Your Children Are," "Love Never Felt So Good") than nothing. I know we all want the original song with the original production and/or the original producers, but nothing being the alternative? Nah, I can't get behind that.

That's really the best case scenario if we can't get the originals. I doubt they'll do that though. They'll make them all sound modern and forgettable.

Back