Soulless version of Man In The Mirror played at Republican National Convention

suzynyc

Proud Member
Did anyone else catch this (well, the Americans that is)? Was I the only person, let alone the only democrat watching? I turned to the republican convention because there was nothing else on TV and I wanted to know what was being said in this Obama roast and as it came on I heard some lame, soulless version of Man In The Mirror.:scratch: Guess they couldn't afford to pay the estate to use the original.

Did anyone else catch this (well, the Americans that is)? Was I the only person, let alone the only democrat watching? I turned to the republican convention because there was nothing else on TV and I wanted to know what was being said in this Obama roast and as it came on I heard some lame, soulless version of Man In The Mirror.:scratch: Guess they couldn't afford to pay the estate to use the original.

You are not the only one. I heard that too. I think it's played before that soapy "tribute" to Romney. I just found it extremely ironic that they played MITM.

I wonder what image Romney and Ryan see when they look into the mirror.

In 2008 when Obama's slogan was Change I have seen suggestions on the Internet by some to use Man In The Mirror as their music. But of course MJ wasn't that cool then. When Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize, was it in 2010?, they did play the song at the end of the show. I remember Will Smith and other celebrities sang it with children on a stage.

I have heard Romney's slogan was Change too. That's odd, using the same slogan as his rival four years ago.

I think I'd rather go to the dentist.:D

But here's a good RNC shot. :rofl::rofl:

gop-debt-clock-built-it.jpg

Last edited:
The Republicans need to sit DOWN with that mess.Of course Man in the Mirror is gonna be soulless because Republicans are very soulless people.That's why Obama is my pick as president again this time around(even though I'm not old enough to vote yet),because he actually cares about the issues in our country,including the homophobia,bullying,healthcare and the deficit.He'd wipe it all out,tbh.
And too,if you've seen all the commercials that are Democratic,the facts they have are actually all true.The Republican ones are fabricated and full of it.

Mod note :chef:
Lets not turn this thread into a political debate.
try and stay on the topic of the songs please so we dont have to move the thread to controversy

Ok i just got alittle sick thinking of a Michael song being played at that Repugnant Republicon Convention.
There is no L.O.V.E. there only L.I.E.S.
Sorry it just really bothers me. At least it wasn't the real song. I cant imagine them getting permission to use it.

Just heard "Can You Feel It' played at the Democratic convention - the rousing original, not some sleepy soulless cover version. Money well spent. :)

"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" played as Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel approached podium to speak. Wanna Be Startin was trending on Twitter just after. :)

So since the DNC used the original artists recordings does that mean they got permission or paid the estate for the use of MJ's music and that the RNC was too cheap to do the same?

Back