Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

Dude... chill out! Questlove talks about he misunderstood the lyrics when the song just came out. I'm pretty sure that there was no such thing as Google in the late 70s to search for the lyrics to the song.

I know. I misunderstood many of his lyrics myself. But why does that have to be in like every documentary? Is that that important? For me it's not even that funny. But ok. I guess, I overreacted. But for me, other than the brilliant footage, 0 points.

I have a vision of how Spike could hopefully incorporate "Sunset Driver" into this documentary. Have a split screen of a man in a white 60s corvette cruising near the ocean side in the orange sundown sky whilst simultaneously showing MJ Destiny/Triumph tour footage. That would great.

Hopefully Spike incorporated this Japanese commerical in it too...

Theres been alot more commercial promotions for SHOWTIME latley.... wounder why..??

Ok, then can someone please explain what are the bizarre lyrics in that song?

Ok, that comment was out of place in my opinion but we already know many things are bizarre and odd when it comes to Michael. It seems for some was hard to understand DSTYGE is an innuendo.

I had to Google who David Byrne is and I could recall until Taking Heads appeared on my seach, I've heard some of the band's songs but I didn't know him as a solo performer.

That Destiny Tour footage looks fantastic, shame tbh.

The footage looks promising. Sad thing is that from those 4 guys, The Weekend in most popular. Again Questlove with his lyrics ignorance. First he didn't know that it's not "Librarian" Girl, now he doesn't know that it isn't "with the forks don't stop". What an idiot! Just google the lyrics if you can't understand them! SPIKE, YOU SHOULD HAVE CUT THAT OUT! Not funny at all and little disrespectful! What "bizarre lyrics"?? And who are these other guys? Just no names for me.

Positive post ;)

The footage looks promising. Sad thing is that from those 4 guys, The Weekend in most popular. Again Questlove with his lyrics ignorance. First he didn't know that it's not "Librarian" Girl, now he doesn't know that it isn't "with the forks don't stop". What an idiot! Just google the lyrics if you can't understand them! SPIKE, YOU SHOULD HAVE CUT THAT OUT! Not funny at all and little disrespectful! What "bizarre lyrics"?? And who are these other guys? Just no names for me.

Lol man chill out. Not even I knows all the words to every MJ song, or songs in general for that matter. btw wasn't it Cee-lo Green who misheard the lyrics from liberian girl?

Oh btw the Audio from the Triumph Tour clip sounds really polished and mixed, like they had access to the multitracks..

Last edited:
Lol man chill out. Not even I knows all the words to every MJ song, or songs in general for that matter. btw wasn't it Cee-lo Green who misheard the lyrics from liberian girl?

Oh btw the Audio from the Triumph Tour clip sounds really polished and mixed, like they had access to the multitracks..

Yes it was

Questlove is not only a highly respected musician but a big MJ fan who is always vocal about that and he wrote articles about him which show he is not just a casual fan but pretty much an expert. If any celeb is qualified to talk about him it's him. And all you can find in this video to be bitter about it because he misheard the lyrics as a child? I swear some people just want to be pissed off all the time on purpose and want to be bitter about every irrelevant thing and seriously need to take a chill pill. Seriously. SMH.

I thought it looked promising and the concert footage is awesome.

Spike Lee's documentary looks good and actually I'm excited about it after seeing this short intro.

Was those concert footage released before?

Spike Lee's documentary looks good and actually I'm excited about it after seeing this short intro.

Was those concert footage released before?

I had to ask the same question for myself too. I ended up looking up this video and it has the same crowd shots at the 2 minute mark

*TEASER* Off The Wall | From Motown to Off the Wall

BLU-RAY FOOTAGE :wild:

WOW. You have like ZERO chill. Did someone crap in your cereal this morning, or what? Yeeesh.

Also, it was Cee Lo who said LIBRARIAN girl in bad 25. Any anyways, why are they idiots? They know the song NOW. They were talking about growing up (like how I thought mike said muthaf**k in JAM when I was a kid). They couldn't google this stuff growing up.

You understand that the purpose of the talking heads in these docs is to provide perspective and commentary to illustrate a story, right?

Also, don't be so sensitive. Byrne said BIZARRE because the lyrics ARE weird because it wasn't a typical, straight forward r&b disco jam. He didn't say the song sucked. He didn't say anyth...*sigh*

And just because you don't know these people doesn't mean ...well, anything really. This wasn't created specifically for you.

Holy hell are you a barrel of fun.
Phew, ok, had to get that out.

tumblr_no5rxwIpE01u8dgcuo2_250.gif

It says Destiny tour Oakland arena Dec 16 1979 and the other clip is from Triumph tour LA Forum, Inglewood California Sept 26 1981.
How many more days to go before we can see this documentary:timer:

Onir, I was thinking if they get Ronson to oversee next album being put together, like the way LA Reid was curator of Xscape. Not that he do remixes or anything like that.

Would prefer Destiny Tour Live in Oakland Blu-Ray instead of this documentary, just saying. :beach:

Hey i like questlove hes cool!
I didnt know much bout him till i saw him on the bad 25 documentary and i reckon hes alright.

But what do you want? A mj hater making crack jokes bout mike?

Sure im not too fussed bout this documentary but im glad they do have ppl that do like mike

Yeah, Questlove has a wealth of music knowledge and accomplished in his own right.

And I love how dismissive Onir is now, lolz

Anyho, I wonder if the estate would rather release all the major Jacksons tours together or separately (if at all).
This package really would have been great to release a show.

Would prefer Destiny Tour Live in Oakland Blu-Ray instead of this documentary, just saying. :beach:

Everyone would.. Destiny footage looks amazing. Crowd shots from Triumph Tour also.

And I love how dismissive Onir is now, lolz

Thanks! But I'm not dismissive towards the documentary as a whole. The footage looks amazing. I'm just disappointed with the list of interviewees and what they had to say.

Ok, that comment was out of place in my opinion but we already know many things are bizarre and odd when it comes to Michael.

Yeah, that was my problem here. Nothing can ever be serious and normal with Michael. Always something has to be weird, odd or "bizarre". Not cool that Estate is supporting this in their co-owned project IMO.

But, he didn't mean anything wrong or mean by it... I think you heard the word "bizarre" in regards to a FEW LINES IN A SONG and are projecting your own weird thoughts onto it.

Re: *TEASER* Off The Wall | From Motown to Off the Wall

Has anyone seen the Weeknd perform?

Christ he's abysmal.

Re: *TEASER* Off The Wall | From Motown to Off the Wall

Nah, he's cool.

It probably made more sense to a kid that way. Most kids prioritise their stomachs, so the association between 'Don't stop til you get enough' and 'forks' would make perfect sense :D

Back