Square One - Documentary about the '93 allegations

It's incredible to see Square One reach #1 on Amazon Prime USA. It shows that people are interested in positive documentaries made about MJ. The reason why TV channels like BBC, Channel 4, HBO do negative documentaries about MJ is because they think that people are only interested in those kind of documentaries. Maybe, I am being a bit delusional but I hope that after seeing the success of Square One, these TV channels might consider doing positive MJ documentaries for a change.

Is the tide really turning? Or are these isolated positive stories by long time Michael fans? Is it possible for this doc to reach nr 1 on the basis of fans alone or is it really getting attention from outsiders? Is it possible big tv networks pick this up and rethink their narrative? Is it possible they could become interested in broadcasting stuff like square one or Auf der Suche nach der Wahrheit? Is it possible they will pick up interest in Taj Jacksons documentary?

Fingers crossed!

It's amazing what Square One achieved, congrats and grateful thanks to Danny Wu.

It's incredible to see Square One reach #1 on Amazon Prime USA. It shows that people are interested in positive documentaries made about MJ. The reason why TV channels like BBC, Channel 4, HBO do negative documentaries about MJ is because they think that people are only interested in those kind of documentaries. Maybe, I am being a bit delusional but I hope that after seeing the success of Square One, these TV channels might consider doing positive MJ documentaries for a change.

I don't care about the others, but it's incredibly disappointing that the BBC sank such low. They should make programs about important, valuable and (it should go without saying) true topics, not to please the (supposed, so not even necessarily real) low need of the public for junk and sensationalism. I thought it supposed to be the BBC, not the Sun yet.

Wow, look at this. That person was a passionate hater.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I love this. I have LITERALLY said I want to look at things with a more open-mind now. What is wrong with that? I avoided the Square One doc because I was told it was full of lies. I watched it and found it more credible than LN (after looking into things a bit deeper).</p>&mdash; Queenies Assemble (@PeterLumley7) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeterLumley7/status/1273201124259049473?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ScreenOrigami;4294326 said:
Wow, look at this. That person was a passionate hater.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I love this. I have LITERALLY said I want to look at things with a more open-mind now. What is wrong with that? I avoided the Square One doc because I was told it was full of lies. I watched it and found it more credible than LN (after looking into things a bit deeper).</p>— Queenies Assemble (@PeterLumley7) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeterLumley7/status/1273201124259049473?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks for sharing. The most interesting is how his ex-fellow haters became all agitated, I would say even scared about it.

The sad part is it shows clearly how different everything would be if the truth was reported since '93, and the public could be always aware of it. :(

Thats their excuse. I dont believe it for a minute. Theres lots of documented evidence of outlets refusing to print/aire non negative output and freely admiting why. Ie its not their agenda. Taj posted a tweet relating to this the other day and i remember a book release in the early 00's it wasnt overly positive but the author went public after he had meetings with the editor of a big uk paper asking them to serialise the book. The editor refused as in his words it doesnt fit the agenda that we want to push on jackson.

Thats their excuse. I dont believe it for a minute. Theres lots of documented evidence of outlets refusing to print/aire non negative output and freely admiting why. Ie its not their agenda. Taj posted a tweet relating to this the other day and i remember a book release in the early 00's it wasnt overly positive but the author went public after he had meetings with the editor of a big uk paper asking them to serialise the book. The editor refused as in his words it doesnt fit the agenda that we want to push on jackson.

Pardon me but seriously?
Either way perhaps this time it will be different. This time people are more critical and vocal with social media and a general rise in education. I'm not sure if a comment like that is made today a media outlet could get away with it without public outcry.
People make a change these days and politics can only listen and learn. Climate protests, Black lives matter etc are making ripples that are felt politically, this wasn't possible decades ago.
Look at what football player Marcus Rashford achieved with his Facebook post about kids growing up in poverty (with his intervention they now get free food vouchers), that's the power of just one man influencing an entire government.

Times are changing. Or so it seems to me at least.

JichaelMackson;4294366 said:
Pardon me but seriously?
Either way perhaps this time it will be different. This time people are more critical and vocal with social media and a general rise in education. I'm not sure if a comment like that is made today a media outlet could get away with it without public outcry.
People make a change these days and politics can only listen and learn. Climate protests, Black lives matter etc are making ripples that are felt politically, this wasn't possible decades ago.
Look at what football player Marcus Rashford achieved with his Facebook post about kids growing up in poverty (with his intervention they now get free food vouchers), that's the power of just one man influencing an entire government.

Times are changing. Or so it seems to me at least.

In general, that&#8217;s certainly true. But MJ still gets a special treatment by the media.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I watched &quot;Square One&quot; on Prime Video. It&#39;s the documentary about Michael Jackson and the 1993 allegations. <br><br>It emphatically proves that the allegations were false. Has <a href="https://twitter.com/Channel4News?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Channel4News</a> reported on it? <a href="https://twitter.com/Channel4?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Channel4</a> owes <a href="https://twitter.com/tajjackson3?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@tajjackson3</a> and his family an apology.</p>&mdash; Deo Gratias (@deogratiasfilm) <a href="https://twitter.com/deogratiasfilm/status/1273308030952787968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I don&#8217;t even understand why we are now being informed and told all this truth, ya&#8217;ll ruined his name whilst he was alive for ratings &amp; money <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SquareOneMJ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SquareOneMJ</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SquareOne?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SquareOne</a></p>&mdash; Badguy toba (@badguytoba) <a href="https://twitter.com/badguytoba/status/1273084339459362817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2/ I recently watched <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SquareOne?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SquareOne</a> on Prime &amp; to say that I’m shocked to my core is an understatement. Did we really stand by &amp; let the media dehumanise &amp; demonise an innocent man?</p>&mdash; Sophie (@slred1) <a href="https://twitter.com/slred1/status/1273203232563761153?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">8/ I defy anyone to watch <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SquareOne?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SquareOne</a> &amp; deny Jackson’s innocence. If you do, you’re no better than the media. I‘m certain that you aren’t concerned for CSA victims, you simply want &amp; need Jackson to be guilty to convince yourself that you haven’t been duped all of these years.</p>&mdash; Sophie (@slred1) <a href="https://twitter.com/slred1/status/1273203240595750913?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Part of me hopes this is the beginning of the end.

There's a lot to celebrate, but we shouldn't get our hopes up too high either. The fact that a self-financed docu became successful on Amazon Prime without any official promotion, or even media mention is amazing, and makes LN even more a flop, especially comparing its huge promotional campaign backed by the whole MSM and a payed blue tick horde. But these circumstances that make Square One's achievement all the more remarkable are at the same time the obstacles we have to face: lack of platform, promotion, recognition (the "guerilla marketing" of the fans was of course amazing, but I talk about professional support).

ozemouze;4294500 said:
There's a lot to celebrate, but we shouldn't get our hopes up too high either. The fact that a self-financed docu became successful on Amazon Prime without any official promotion, or even media mention is amazing, and makes LN even more a flop, especially comparing its huge promotional campaign backed by the whole MSM and a payed blue tick horde. But these circumstances that make Square One's achievement all the more remarkable are at the same time the obstacles we have to face: lack of platform, promotion, recognition (the "guerilla marketing" of the fans was of course amazing, but I talk about professional support).

We&#8217;re stronger when we have hope. It&#8217;s amazing that these things are happening in spite of the media. Just shows how powerful the truth is when even people with very strong opinions against MJ are beginning to see through the lies. I believe that LN did us a favor, actually, by being so absurd that people are willing to listen to the other side after all. And for some, maybe all it took was Square One to plop up on their Prime suggestions. Danny did such a tremendous job that no one can watch it without at least questioning their own opinions. :)

On Letterboxd Leaving Neverland has been watched 33 000 times by letterbox members. 3400 of those loved it and it has an average rating of 3,5/5
Square One has been watched 141 times, 43 people love it and it's average is 3,7/5

On IMDB LN has been watched 24 000 + times with an average rating of 7/10, square one is more popular here compared to on letterbox with 800+ ratings with an average of 8,7/10 but still a long way of LN

Conclusion:
Square one is very underseen. It's one of the most watched docus on amazon prime, then why have only 141 + 830 people bothered to log it on letterboxd/imdb which are both massively popular film sites?
These pro MJ documentaries should absolutely be picked up by the media and big tv broadcasters. Amazon Prime seems to have a low audience. I know it's out for just a few days but at this pace it's not even making ripples on letterboxd.
I'm not certain people outside the fanbase are aware of Square One. It needs a campaign to put pressure on the likes of BBC and other national broadcaster services all over the world.

As long as we have no huge influential people changing their minds nothing will change.

I haven't seen Square One either, I wouldn't even know how to do it and I'm not interested in subscribing for amazon prime...

Last edited:
JichaelMackson;4294518 said:
On Letterboxd Leaving Neverland has been watched 33 000 times by letterbox members. 3400 of those loved it and it has an average rating of 3,5/5
Square One has been watched 141 times, 43 people love it and it's average is 3,7/5

On IMDB LN has been watched 24 000 + times with an average rating of 7/10, square one is more popular here compared to on letterbox with 800+ ratings with an average of 8,7/10 but still a long way of LN

Conclusion:
Square one is very underseen. It's one of the most watched docus on amazon prime, then why have only 141 + 830 people bothered to log it on letterboxd/imdb which are both massively popular film sites?
These pro MJ documentaries should absolutely be picked up by the media and big tv broadcasters. Amazon Prime seems to have a low audience. I know it's out for just a few days but at this pace it's not even making ripples on letterboxd.
I'm not certain people outside the fanbase are aware of Square One. It needs a campaign to put pressure on the likes of BBC and other national broadcaster services all over the world.

As long as we have no huge influential people changing their minds nothing will change.

I haven't seen Square One either, I wouldn't even know how to do it and I'm not interested in subscribing for amazon prime...

I guess, many people who have only recently started to see through the lies don&#8217;t instantly log onto IMDB to leave a review. They&#8217;re probably still soul-searching right now.

And you can watch Square One on YouTube. It&#8217;s the 1.0 version that&#8217;s a little less polished, and the Prime version has a few more scenes, but it&#8217;s essentially the same.

Conclusion:

What's letterboxd? Never heard of it. Seems pretty obvious viewer numbers would be leaning towards LN considering what it had behind it.

Sq1 is one Youtube also. Worth a watch!!

Square One is getting there but to make it go global blue ticks and influencers need to report on it. Getting it on Netflix would also be huge.

Also, don&#8217;t let the absolute numbers confuse you. LN has been out for over a year, with all of the media and the #MeToo movement behind it, while Square One has made the leap outside the fan bubble only a few weeks ago. It&#8217;ll catch up soon enough. :)

More important than the numbers on movie rating websites is the fact that these people will tell their friends about Square One. It&#8217;s all grassroots. And it&#8217;s working well. :)

What's letterboxd? Never heard of it. Seems pretty obvious viewer numbers would be leaning towards LN considering what it had behind it.

Sq1 is one Youtube also. Worth a watch!!

It's a website where you can log and rate every film you have seen. It's easy to use and it looks great. I'm a big fan. It's much better than imdb though imdv has much more information regarding the films. There are lots of similar websites but none are bigger than those 2 I think.

ScreenOrigami;4294522 said:
Also, don’t let the absolute numbers confuse you. LN has been out for over a year, with all of the media and the #MeToo movement behind it, while Square One has made the leap outside the fan bubble only a few weeks ago. It’ll catch up soon enough. :)

More important than the numbers on movie rating websites is the fact that these people will tell their friends about Square One. It’s all grassroots. And it’s working well. :)

Thank you.

Last edited:
ScreenOrigami;4294522 said:
Also, don’t let the absolute numbers confuse you. LN has been out for over a year, with all of the media and the #MeToo movement behind it, while Square One has made the leap outside the fan bubble only a few weeks ago. It’ll catch up soon enough. :)

More important than the numbers on movie rating websites is the fact that these people will tell their friends about Square One. It’s all grassroots. And it’s working well. :)

Thank You. As you stated LN has been out OVER a year, had unprecedented promotion and platforms. Square One is basically being promoted word of mouth and is STILL making an impact. Square One is doing great with the limited platform AND promotion that it has, and I am thankful for that. Hopefully more widespread attention will focus on the FACTS of Square One as more and more people realize the AGENDA behind the lies,manipulation, etc. of LN.

I briefly talked to that former MJ guilter on Twitter today, and he/she is really looking into things now. Watched Square One twice and intends to investigate further, but is already convinced MJ was set up. Turned out to be a nice person, actually. I have to readjust my view of the guilters. There seem to be a couple of critical thinkers among them, and this is where Square One is so valuable.

The tides are turning. :)

Even Tiddles seems to be running out of steam lately. :D

Last edited:
I briefly talked to that former MJ guilter on Twitter today, and he/she is really looking into things now. Watched Square One twice and intends to investigate further, but is already convinced MJ was set up. Turned out to be a nice person, actually. I have to readjust my view of the guilters. There seem to be a couple of critical thinkers among them, and this is where Square One is so valuable.

The tides are turning. :)

Even Tiddles seems to be running out of steam lately. :D

They are all weirdos who spend all day on twitter replying to any tweet with the words Michael Jackson in it.

dam2040;4294562 said:
They are all weirdos who spend all day on twitter replying to any tweet with the words Michael Jackson in it.

That&#8217;s the same the say about us, though. :D

But yeah, most are like that, but apparently there are some that are different, who just got caught up in this at some point. :)

This is why i said before it important to spread this. let's not be only fans watching this and giving good reviews. get non fans and people who thinks he guilty to watch as well. get your family and friends to watch it and leave a review even if their not fans.

While the media probably never gonna say nothing about it as usual it's good to see it trending lately. so great news. :) #MJ2020 is doing pretty well.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SquareOne?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SquareOne</a> opening so many eyes, I would love to see a documentary like that on the 2005 trial. The media&#8217;s mishandling of that case has left people believing tabloid rumors that were completely proven false. People still need to be educated on that.</p>&mdash; EternalMJJ #1Billion4MJ (@eternal_mjj) <a href="https://twitter.com/eternal_mjj/status/1273346614019710976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Jackson deserves an apology.. his whole family does</p>&mdash; &#737;&#7506;&#738;&#7511; &#7504;&#696; &#7476;&#7497;&#7491;&#691;&#7511; &#7506;&#8319; &#7511;&#688;&#7497; &#7580;&#7491;&#691;&#7506;&#7512;&#738;&#7497;&#737;&#55356;&#57248;&#55356;&#57249; (@_ACircusGirl) <a href="https://twitter.com/_ACircusGirl/status/1273333955085901824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Back