Starting a movement!Aug29‘Heal The World Michael Jackson Day’!Please join in and make it a success!

Ankita

Proud Member
Dear mods, please let this thread stay here (and pl. don't merge it with any other)so more people can see it and respond. Thanks so much.
I had first posted this on the eve of Aug 29 but my thread disappeared. I'm reposting this and I hope to hear from you all .. please share your ideas here. Thanks everyone!

Michael has always been our greatest inspiration. He has brought people of the world together in so many beautiful ways, not only with his outstanding music but also with his truly beautiful heart and his genuine humanitarianism. Ever since I became a fan decades ago I’ve been doing the best I can to help and heal our planet, but especially on Michael’s birthday, besides throwing a party to my family and friends I try to do something for a good cause. In 2000 I and another fan decided to celebrate this day as Universal Children’s day. I even went so far as sending letters to many other fans and even the international media wishing them a Happy UCD, though at that moment I did not mention Michael's connection to the media. We know how evil the media can be and I did not want them to twist and manipulate the real significance and purpose of the idea behind the day.
I had always hoped that someday with the consent of all other fans there’ll be a special name given to Aug 29th and we’ll celebrate it with Michael. Now, more than ever I sincerely wish to make this a reality. And I’ve come up with -“Heal The World Michael Jackson Day”! Let’s please join together and make this a reality! Also, I feel this is the most appropriate name for the day. I have shared the reasons here-

Why not Children’s Day-
Then it would only include children and leave out the rest, with time as these children grow up they too may stop celebrating. Also, detractors may try to bring up the painful memories we all wish to forget.

Why not Michael Jackson Day-
People may regard it as an event about Michael’s music alone since he’s mostly known around the world for his extraordinary talent as a musician. Also, they may feel its an event for MJ fans only. Some may dismiss it assuming its some celebration by obsessed fans!

Why not Heal The World Day-
It will only get half of our message across. The world needs to know the humanitarian side of Michael which is as inspiring and amazing as his artistic side. And we know it was due to his innate goodness as a human being that he suffered so much..

Why Heal The World Michael Jackson Day-
It is both about the beautiful message and about the wonderful messenger who continues to inspire us to genuinely do our best to heal the world. It is a universal message that will be acceptable to not only artists but to every human being of every nation, religion, race, culture, generation.
When centuries from now people across the world are wishing each other on this day they should know who it is named after and why.

Suggestions on what to do on this day-
* Celebrate Michael’s glorious music with tribute concerts, local events, at our homes!
* Do our bit to help heal our planet and its inhabitants by taking up some good cause, doing some charity work, etc.
* Spread the word through social networking sites etc., by wishing and greeting each other with a “Happy HTW MJ day” !

There could be ballons, T shirts, etc., all over the world with the same message (Aug 29 Heal The World MJ Day!)written on them.

I have so MANY other ideas that I’ll share later. We’ll make them happen from next year on!

I’m sure as years go by this will become a global movement and everyone will join in to make this world a better place. And that will be the greatest gift we could ever give to our dearest Michael! Thankyou Michael now and forever…

Regards,
Ankita,
India

IMHO, I don't think it is a good idea to name it HTW, with so many stories of fraudulent activities by HTWF. And now that estate is going after the owner. just my opinion....but as for the rest great idea

Back