Stephanie from Monaca talks about Michael Jackson

Annita

Proud Member

Stephanie of Monaco talks about Michael Jackson

By
Admin Team
July 23, 2023
Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp

Gala Fight Aids Monaco 2023 organised by Princess Stephanie of Monaco, president of Fight Aids Monaco, an organisation that helps people living with HIV, happened last Friday as we announced this week.

She arrived at the Gala with a white shirt and a white Michael Jackson (bootleg) T-shirt as the Gala main show was a tribute show with UK impersonator Ben Bowman.

Talking about the funds raised during the event, the Princess said “We are still at the same point in terms of stigma and discrimination. Too much has been said that it is a virus that only affects homosexuals and drug addicts. Today, more than 50% of people living with HIV are women. AIDS affects everyone, let’s stop living with blinders on. And let’s be open-minded, let’s have compassion for those living with this disease. I’ve been saying it for twenty years now: HIV can’t be caught with a smile.”

In 1991, when the album Dangerous was released, she was the “mysterious girl” credited in “In The Closet” duet.

“The time I spent with him in the studio to record this song, I remember it as a privileged moment when we talked a lot,” says Princess Stephanie who, at the time, was coming out of the huge success of her hit Ouragan.

She added: “On stage, he returned a power with his music, his commitment, it was really the King of the pop. An image in total contrast with who he was in the intimacy where he gave me the impression of being a small bird fallen from the nest. An extremely fragile and vulnerable boy that we want to protect. I would have liked, maybe I could have done more for him. But that’s the way it is, that’s life.”

This is the first time she publicly confirmed that she is the singer on “In The Closet” (even if we all knew it) and seeing her supporting the King of Pop is just amazing! Thank you Princess Stephanie!

She was the cool princess back then!
Haven´t seen her in a long time.

I really wish it was her in the music video i mean it is her voice in the song so why not (not hating on naomi)

To be honest I think her voice was not great at all. Like the Naomi version much better - voice and looks 😍
It is interesting though that this was the reason as to why Michael Jackson included her vocals on the song.

Princess Stéphanie of Monaco stated (during a 2009 radio interview) that Michael Jackson found her vocals in broken English very sensual, so he decided to include them on the song.
I really wish it was her in the music video i mean it is her voice in the song so why not (not hating on naomi)
Madonna was originally meant for the music video, but she started making too many demands on set, according to Babyface.

Then, Michael Jackson chose Naomi Campbell who initially turned his offer down due to her tight schedule (she had to do 30 fashion shows in Paris during that period).

Michael Jackson wanted Naomi Campbell so much (for the music video) to the point that he paid out these 30 fashion shows in order for her to come and play in his music video.

To be honest I think her voice was not great at all. Like the Naomi version much better - voice and looks 😍
Agreed. For me, her voice is so boring, no ability to convey any feeling or sensuality. Clearly, Michael wouldn't agree with me, lol, but that's OK. I respect the artistic choices that Michael made but I don't agree with all of them. Stephanie has never been interesting to me and didn't do a good job on the record. Not bc of the so-called 'broken' English but just bc she's not a performer and doesn't have what it takes to do the job. I was so pleased that the vocals were re-recorded with Naomi and she did an amazing job. Plus she's beautiful and can dance, carries herself with such style, has great physical confidence and played her seductive role in the video to perfection. This is one of Michael's artistic choices that I am very happy with!

Can you tell I'm just a little biased in Naomi's favour? Just a little bit, lol. :D

Last edited:
She was a performer though, even had a top 10 hit
True, she had this one hit in the 80s (and I think only in a few countries in Europe) Don’t want to hate on her or anything but to be frank she wasn’t famous for having a great voice or being an accomplished performer- she was famous for being this enfant terrible princess (or also nepo baby as we call it today😉).

It is interesting though that this was the reason as to why Michael Jackson included her vocals on the song.

Princess Stéphanie of Monaco stated (during a 2009 radio interview) that Michael Jackson found her vocals in broken English very sensual, so he decided to include them on the song.

Madonna was originally meant for the music video, but she started making too many demands on set, according to Babyface.

Then, Michael Jackson chose Naomi Campbell who initially turned his offer down due to her tight schedule (she had to do 30 fashion shows in Paris during that period).

Michael Jackson wanted Naomi Campbell so much (for the music video) to the point that he paid out these 30 fashion shows in order for her to come and play in his music video.
No, she was meant to record on the song. When she heard it, she dissed it. This has been confirmed by numerous sources close to Michael.

Back