Suggestions for promotion by fans

etoile 37

Proud Member
Use this thread to suggest ways for fans to promote the album.

Some great Facebook covers here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/132346-Xscape-Facebook-Covers

For those who have MJ youtube videos, add a 15 second annotation at the end of your videos with a link to the official album trailer.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQvD-RjigYI

2gwclt2.jpg

If you see Michael Jackson videos on Youtube that have a lot of views, you can send a message to the uploader and suggest that they do this.

Any other suggestions?

Montage with the songs after the release. Snippets. Twitter. Tumblr. Instagram. Facebok. Google+.

Many alternatives.

Playing the music loud while driving. :p

They need to get creative and mysterious. I think Guerilla Marketing would be interesting. Yes, Michael would like that.

They should try something like this: http://technomarketer.typepad.com/technomarketer/2007/04/marketing_campa.html[/COLOR]

And fans could help spread it around.

They've already shown the cryptic messages left in London = "The Best You've Never Heard". They should continue with that theme, and drive people crazy all over the place. ;)

It would require coordination among fans in key cities to pull this off.

Someone in the main thread suggested release the name of a single a day ....I think that is a great idea to sustain hype. Well, at least for nine days. Someone should contact estate with that suggestion.

Would be great if the Official MJ-Site would create a MEME like this "cant keep calm"-thing :)
Thousands would share this picture again ;)

They need to get creative and mysterious. I think Guerilla Marketing would be interesting. Yes, Michael would like that.

They should try something like this: http://technomarketer.typepad.com/technomarketer/2007/04/marketing_campa.html[/COLOR]

And fans could help spread it around.

They've already shown the cryptic messages left in London = "The Best You've Never Heard". They should continue with that theme, and drive people crazy all over the place. ;)

It would require coordination among fans in key cities to pull this off.
This is pretty cool and mysterious for sure. Now it doesn't have to be cleverly placed USB's laying around with the songs (dunno how the Estate will feel about it lol), but there could be an alternative to that. Something simple that draws attention and curiosity. Maybe a short slogan of some sort around cities and random places like, "Want some #xscape?" "Gotta get away, #Xscape," "Need #xscape?" etc... (with or without hashtags) I can picture people strolling by seeing little mantras like that and being curious, eventually searching them up. That's just my take, anyone with cool ideas that apply to that kind of marketing above should share. :)

Someone in the main thread suggested release the name of a single a day ....I think that is a great idea to sustain hype. Well, at least for nine days. Someone should contact estate with that suggestion.
Clever, keeps the ball rolling.

Fan campaigns to promote XSCAPE!

Several fans from different countries are starting their own campaings to promote "XSCAPE"! :wild:

Some pictures from https://www.facebook.com/mjbeats :

ITALY
10177480_740745969303561_5759184991874945225_n.png

BRAZIL
10154416_741125965932228_5872403302735920115_n.jpg

10156088_741096245935200_8551737441078468557_n.jpg

10151220_740854325959392_7215024512791199892_n.jpg

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Re: Fan campaigns to promote XSCAPE!

This is sooo awesome!! :)

I have printed over 100 promo stickers and flyers that I will put up around my city :)
And I will talk to the local radio to do some promo!!

This is awesome... makes me super happy seeing the love and effort of the fans put into this project. :D

Wow.

That it great. - Nice to see fans help promoting!! :)

Put Michael's gorgeous face on the cover of GQ, Vogue or Harper's Bazaar! People buy hundreds of thousands of magazines daily and fans will ensure that it would become the companies greatest seller ever. Win win LOL

Thoughts on promoting...

1. Spread the YouTube promotional videos..
2. Talk about the album on timbaland and other semi related popular videos that wud let more people know about it. (Not in a spamming way)
3. Let's gather popular radio station phone numbers to get ready to request the first single.. even call in before hand and ask if they plan to play it. Find ways to bring it up on the radio.. anything to fet the wors out and demand up.
3.we cud put flyers in record stores, bookstores, college campuses, even put small ones on peoples cars in public parking lots, Sunday news papers slide them in the ad sections in a bunch of them.
4. Public art of some sort.. get creative.

i feel sad that fans have to help with the promotion
Back in the 80s 90s, MJ's everywhere and his name sells itself..

Fans don't have to help promote anything. I think they do it just because they want to. But I do get what you're saying.

I think come May 1st for those who want to participate should really get out there.. I'll be going to public places putting flyers up, and come te sudsy before the release I'll be stuffing Sunday papers with ads.. I like that sticker by the way! I wish I had some to spread around

Brilliant work guys now it's the estates turn and Sony to do there thing esp in uk!

lets trend on twitter in May 13th & spread the word of XSCAPE album everywhere hehe? also in FB..tumblr...pintere st & google+

I'm bringing this info from the charts thread:

While urban radio and adult contemporary radio picked up LNFSG, pop radios didn't really yet, so here is a cheat sheet from Rihanna fans and how her fans help her to be picked up by and keep her on radio:

http://rihannadaily.com/www/request/

The first link did not work for me, but on most websites it takes just a few seconds.

And spread it around in the MJFam! This is how other fan bases help their faves. We should learn and use this game too! And even if you are not in the US you can vote! (I personally did not submit my location so that my vote doesn't get rejected because I'm not in the US. It's enough to submit your vote, e-mail and name.)

Back