Taj Jackson's MJ Documentary - Updates and Discussion [MERGED]

I did not pay a penny to that fundraiser because i literally expected that it won’t happen and I was right.. it’s 5 years ago and leaving neverland 2 is about to happen.. yet there is not a bit of Taj Docu… besides that.. nowadays you can produce a documentary for much less than a million…

I bet that most of you who are complaining or making fun of Taj have not donated a dime to the project. Stop being disrespectful and go outside to touch some grass.
I've donated, but if you are getting upset because people are trying to hold Taj accountable for taking several hundred thousands of dollars from fans and providing nothing but half arsed bull shit posts then you need to have a chat with yourself.

Taj has no one to blame but himself. If he had any self respect he would offer money back to those that are asking.

It's not fair to say he's a fraud because we all know how most msm don't want to pick up his project south must be stressful

No one’s said he’s a fraud.. but it’s time to give back the money and cancel the project or put the money to charity

No one said he's a fraud but it's been five years of holding on to over $260k from fans and the only updates given is made up scenarios and unreleased pictures to hold people over? No one is stopping him from making the project if he already has the funds.

In 5 years, something should've been filmed by now

If liars can make LN2, why can't a truthful documentary be make? What am I missing? Are there things that cannot be released due to the trial? Or does the trail mean that anything positive released would be written off as agenda for the trial?
Pro MJ material usually does not get the same backing as anti MJ material. hence why people have turned against MJ to sell stories, an entire system has been trained to not take on positive/pro MJ material. That goes to entities finding it as a business liability, distrust in believing it will sell, and any type of funders finding it a financial risk.

There's been multiple documentaries, books, and projects that have either been scrapped or released on a much smaller scale than planned simply because it is pro MJ. Even Aphrodite Jones, an award-winning journalist had to self-publish her book. Various interviews with those who knew MJ has interviews canceled on them because they refused to speak salaciously about Michael.. We could list multiple instances when these type of things happen.

Having the Jackson name may help the willingness for people to talk, but it leaves various layers of hurdles that a non-relative would not have.

It's fine to have an anti MJ project out and get major backing by someone like HBO, then when it comes to telling MJ's side - the question comes in "How is this going to be viewed as fair?".... Now you attach a JACKSON to that question, is that a fair playing field for someone like Taj?

No one said he's a fraud but it's been five years of holding on to over $260k from fans and the only updates given is made up scenarios and unreleased pictures to hold people over? No one is stopping him from making the project if he already has the funds.

If you would have cared enough to listen to his updates before passing judgement you would know he never had the funds :)

Where's the 260k he raised?

How do you suggest producing an 11 part 45-60 minute series for 260K$?

Thats literally impossible and its been explained time and time again on the MJCasts last christmas episode for example, its still there if you want to update yourself on the subject! Think it was Charles who spoke about it this time!

Last edited:
How do you suggest producing a 11 part 45-60 minute series for 260K$?

Thats literally impossible and its been explained time and time again on the MJCasts lasts christmas episode for example, its still there if you want to update yourself on the subject!
So he's holding on to $260k from fans because........

Maybe he needs to cut down the mini series episodes.

That $260K is part of the total funds that is going into producing the series, so he is not holding on to the fans money except putting it you use in the project.

Do you consider any director of a film to be holding on the investors money while producing the project in question until its finished?

That $260K is part of the total funds that will go to producing the series, so he is not holding on to the fans money except putting it you use in the project.

Do you consider any director of a film to be holding on the investors money while producing the project in question?
My point is something should've been captured to at least give donators a glimpse of what to expect from the said documentary

Really do think it's a bit late now, saddens me to say, not sure who it will reach

When the GoFundMe went up, it was not for a series project - which it later became. If you've donated and are not happy, you can request your money back and you'll receive it. Nothing is being held hostage.

He has something filmed by now. Best bet now is to release it around the time the biopic gets released. Maximum interest in Michael again and maybe some streamer wants to cash in on the movies success.

Timing of the release does mean a lot. In a world not stained by Leaving Neverland if this film wasn't out then I'd understand but overall, it's a hard bet to make a film.

He has something filmed by now. Best bet now is to release it around the time the biopic gets released. Maximum interest in Michael again and maybe some streamer wants to cash in on the movies success.
That's the issue - there is nothing to suggest that he has filmed anything of substance in quite a while. His updates lack valid information and his interactions on Twitter are getting more and more jeuvenile and fanboy-ish. On the day that the Estate/MJ companies were in court regarding allegations (that this documentary/series started the whole gofundme venture for) Taj was busy correcting POSITIVE twitter posts that called a Pepsi commercial a "Michael Jackson commercial" rather than a "Jacksons commercial". Taj's posts since I donated have done nothing to suggest that anything he could produce could be of value or merit at this point 5 years on. He should be embarrassed of the way he has let this play out, and instead of blocking fans that try to hold him accountable or tell him what he needs to hear, he needs to own up to the fact that he has massively underdelivered at this point and that his lack of transparency and updates of substance have given donators every right under the sun to doubt what he says.

It's a shame that he has allowed yet another MJ project to become so divisive, but anyone defending Taj's actions and behaviour over the last few years need to re-consider and more importantly they need to let people criticise him without toxic fanboy reactions.

The guy has proven himself to be absolutely and utterly incompetent for the task that he has accepted several hundred thousands of other people's money for.

He should release what he has finished so far on Youtube, after all this time it would only be fair to the people who supported him.

Meanwhile, Jin Chohan quietly updated his gofundme page a few days ago and is currently investigating a possible new source of funding for his project.

I have some sympathy for Taj and he (possibly) has obstacles in front of him that Jin (possibly) doesn't have to contend with. I wish Taj nothing but the best and I hope he is able to get his project off the ground but I don't think he has handled this well and I think many people - donors or not - have legitimate concerns.

He should release what he has finished so far on Youtube, after all this time it would only be fair to the people who supported him.

Do you think it would have been a good idea for Michael Jackson to release Bad when only half of the songs were finished if part investors that had contributed to 10% of the album production costs were growing impatient?

Why do you want an unfinished version to be put on youtube for free when the goal is to make a major project and put it on streaming services worldwide? Do prioritize your impatient over the greater good for MJs legacy and the project as a whole? I just cant make sense of it!

Last edited:
i believe that taj has different challenges to deal with than jin. but ZERO info in FIVE years? not even the info if he had started filming or not?

this is actively not wanting to communicate. we are not asking for details but the simplest information that would give us (who have donated) confidence.

and what happened with his last "update" about transparency? so this ain't happen no more? not even an info about this?

i believe that taj has different challenges to deal with than jin. but ZERO info in FIVE years? not even the info if he had started filming or not?

this is actively not wanting to communicate. we are not asking for details but the simplest information that would give us (who have donated) confidence.

and what happened with his last "update" about transparency? so this ain't happen no more? not even an info about this?

Did you read the update on his gofundmepage before making this post?

Do you think it would have been a good idea for Michael Jackson to release Bad when only half of the songs were finished if part investors that had contributed to 10% of the album production costs were growing impatient?

Why do you want an unfinished version to be put on youtube for free when the goal is to make a major project and put it on streaming services worldwide? Do prioritize your impatient over the greater good for MJs legacy and the project as a whole? I just cant make sense of it!
I'm sorry. Let's wait and be patient.
WaitingForPerfectMan.gif

There are legitimate grievances and certainly there's a divide between him as a creator and his audience. Randomly making the guy a meme isn't the best way to get him to open up though, surely. Many people make very personal insults against him, like at the end of the day, half the people did not donate.

He should prioritize those who did donate.

The perfect timing for a release would be before the new trial.
It has to be there when it hits the news.

Last edited:
Back