Terminator Genisys (2015)

Victory2004

Proud Member
Terminator Reboot Wraps Production, Officially Titled Terminator Genisys

Source: Arnold Schwarzenegger
August 6, 2014

terminator-genisys-600.jpg
[/center]
Production has officially wrapped on the upcoming "Terminator" reboot and star Arnold Schwarzenegger revealed the title for the film in a post on his Facebook - Terminator Genisys. Schwarzenegger revealed the title along with an image of him on the set which you can check out below.

"Hasta la vista, baby. I want to thank the cast and crew of Terminator Genisys for a fantastic shoot," he wrote. "It was challenging, it was fun, and it was rewarding. From our director to the producers, from the camera team to catering, from visual effects to hair and makeup - we couldn't have done it without you. I can't wait to see our finished project and I know we'll remind the fans why they fell in love with the Terminator. On July 1, 2015, I'll be back."

Co-starring Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, Byung Hun Lee and Matt Smith, Terminator Genisys is directed by Thor: The Dark World's Alan Taylor from a screenplay by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier. David Ellison and Dana Goldberg of Skydance Productions are producing. Skydance's Paul Schwake, Annapurna Pictures' Megan Ellison, Kalogridis and Lussier are executive producing.

Paramount Pictures will distribute the film worldwide on July 1, 2015.

terminator-pic1.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121542

I hope they use the Terminator theme again:

I didn't like the version that was used in Salvation.

This looks really good. A lot better than I could have expected but they should have chosen someone else to play Kyle Reese. Jai Courtney was really boring in Die hard 5.

This looks really good. A lot better than I could have expected but they should have chosen someone else to play Kyle Reese. Jai Courtney was really boring in Die hard 5.
This blaming of Jai Courtney needs to stop. Blame Bruce Willis and the studio for getting a terrible writer (skip woods) and a terrible director (john moore). I liked Jai as the villain JACK REACHER.

This blaming of Jai Courtney needs to stop. Blame Bruce Willis and the studio for getting a terrible writer (skip woods) and a terrible director (john moore). I liked Jai as the villain JACK REACHER.

I didn't say he was the reason why Die Hard 5 was so bad. :)

i love Terminator movies.but i must say that i find the trailer not so good.Not bad of course.Dont know what to say.Time will saw what movie it will be

TERMINATOR GENISYS is the most fun i've had with a TERMINATOR film since T2!!! The REAL T3. I really don't get the bitching and moaning from critics about this film. Yes the time travel stuff gets confusing at times but film is still good!!! If I was doing a number score then I would give the film an 8/10 or letter grade I would give it a B. Go decide for yourself on the film and don't listen to critics. Audiences have been enjoying the film more. Also stay for the credits, there's an end credits scene. I enjoyed Arnold, Jai, Jason and Emilia. Cool action sequences and effects and IMO thought it was smarter than people are giving it credit for.

It wasn't very good in my opinion but it wasn't as bad as the trailers made it look. I was suprised how much I enjoyed it but I wouldn't call it a good movie. All the movies after T2 have felt kind of pointless and something has been missing. I liked the first half of the movie but it went downhill pretty fast. Arnold was great as T-800 again and the CGI version of him at the beginning was really impressive. I liked Emilia Clarke and many times she looked just like Linda Hamilton. I didn't like Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese like I expected. He just doesn't fit to the role at all. It was great that they used the main theme again in the movie. SPOILERS There were few things in the plot that bothered me. How Sarah and T-800 managed to build the time machine? Also why did they go to year 2017? It would have been a lot easier to go few years before that and at least few months. Why go there just before Skynet activates? SPOILERS END.

It wasn't very good in my opinion but it wasn't as bad as the trailers made it look. I was suprised how much I enjoyed it but I wouldn't call it a good movie. All the movies after T2 have felt kind of pointless and something has been missing. I liked the first half of the movie but it went downhill pretty fast. Arnold was great as T-800 again and the CGI version of him at the beginning was really impressive. I liked Emilia Clarke and many times she looked just like Linda Hamilton. I didn't like Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese like I expected. He just doesn't fit to the role at all. It was great that they used the main theme again in the movie. SPOILERS There were few things in the plot that bothered me. How Sarah and T-800 managed to build the time machine? Also why did they go to year 2017? It would have been a lot easier to go few years before that and at least few months. Why go there just before Skynet activates? SPOILERS END.

This is where the movie suffered tremendously. Give that role to another actor and we have a pretty solid movie. Granted there were a lot of plot holes but even the old terminator movies had them, to be frank i believe that when a story uses the concept of time travel there will always be plot holes, but good god finally the old Terminator theme! I cheered like a little child in the cinema when that came on.

This is where the movie suffered tremendously. Give that role to another actor and we have a pretty solid movie. Granted there were a lot of plot holes but even the old terminator movies had them, to be frank I believe that when a story uses the concept of time travel there will always be plot holes, but good god finally the old Terminator theme! I cheered like a little child in the cinema when that came on.
Not into this dumb nitpicking and and if we're also being frank, time travel doesn't even exist to begin with. I also still disagree with you both on Jai and don't understand the hate on him. Yes he's no Michael Biehn but he got the job done.

Last edited:
I thought it was all right. About what I was expecting. I think the trailers gave way too much away of the plot, so by the time I watched it, it's like eh...Arnold was funny in it though. I don't get the hate for Jai Courtney either. He's not a great actor, but I don't think he deserves all the flack he gets.

I hope there is an alternate future out there that contains a version of me that hasn't seen that film.

Absolute and utter garbage.

Back