Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack'

MissyJackson

Proud Member
Hollywood Blvd With My Boy Ryjin .. Las Vega's
Page last updated at 19:49 GMT, Thursday, 18 February 2010
Texas plane crash 'may be deliberate tax office attack'

Flames engulf the building after the plane crashed

US law enforcement officials are investigating whether a plane that hit a building in Austin, Texas, was a deliberate attack on a tax office.
The pilot of the single-engined plane that hit the seven-storey office has been named as Joseph Andrew Stack.
Most employees were evacuated but one person remains unaccounted for, a spokesman for the Austin fire department said.
The White House said the crash did not appear to be an act of terrorism.
Grievance
A US website has published an apparent suicide note attacking the US tax authorities and signed by the man suspected of piloting the plane.
However, at this point it is not possible to determine the authenticity of the note or its authorship.
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said President Barack Obama had been briefed about the incident.
The Department of Homeland Security was investigating the crash, he added.
Two F-16 fighter jets were scrambled from Houston, Texas, after the crash and were patrolling the area.
Heather Wills, from Austin, told the BBC that she was driving past when she saw the huge cloud of black smoke.
"As I got nearer I could see flames leaping out of the building - the flames were two storeys high. I could hear the glass windows shattering from the heat.
"My first thought was that it was a fire. The traffic was backed up all along the freeway."
A law enforcement official told US media they were checking possible links to reports of a domestic dispute in Georgetown, Texas, and allegations that the suspect in that dispute burned down his home before allegedly taking off in the plane.
Lynn Lunsford of the Federal Aviation Administration said the pilot did not file a flight plan.
A spokesman for the Austin fire department said the plane hit the building at 0956 local time (1556 GMT).
He said two people had been taken to hospital, but it is not clear if they were seriously injured.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8522746.stm

I am an IRS employee...this is pretty scary. What a nut. Why would a person want to harm innocent people because of their own hang ups? End it for yourself but leave innocent people who are just doing their jobs alone.

I heard on the news that one person is still missing and two are critically injured. In addition to all of that, this nut put his house on fire and he has a wife and a child!! So now, his wife and child has no home and one person might be dead and two are in the hospital.

I heard on the news that one person is still missing and two are critically injured. In addition to all of that, this nut put his house on fire and he has a wife and a child!! So now, his wife and child has no home and one person might be dead and two are in the hospital.

Some people can be selfish sometimes. :no::mat: That was wrong of that guy.

Looks like two bodies were found - Stack and a fellow IRS worker. According to reports some people were actually endorsing or cheering this guy's actions in his Facebook page (comments were removed). I know IRS is not the most popular federal agency but people forget that human beings work their serving their government.

Back