The Bad Era

@staywild23 I'll just make a separate reply post since you had a lot to say (then again, so did I, so now we're even LOL :ROFLMAO: ), but I'll be honest, when I read that you had replied, part of me started panicking - my brain immediately went "oh no, I've just possibly insulted SW23's tastes completely by comparing two very different people, she probably hates me now and will call me stupid forever. Ahhhhh!!! 😱" but thankfully it seems you don't hate me quite yet. 😅

I haven't seen Rebel Without a Cause (maybe I should! Lol) but I did know the general idea behind it while typing that post. Honestly, the fact that neither James' character nor Michael are "true" rebels kinda adds to it, no? 😁 Maybe a liiiittle bit... Obviously, the '50s and '80s had quite different energy, so perhaps it was a bit apples and oranges. But! I do stand by my point that there are some parallels, even if mild.

And haha yes Liz Taylor! 😁 Michael has probably seen Giant, I'd be surprised if he didn't to be honest. He was quite the movie nut, to put it mildly. Plus I mean, when Elizabeth Taylor is in something, I mean...

Honestly, my main point to that post was that I like to try and pin-point people's "types", and I think yours might be "looks edgy, but is actually a very kind soul". That's where the whole idea came from, basically. 😁 (It's also more or less my own type... but there's a bit more to it. Will talk about that some other time!)

AND AGREED ABOUT SMOOTH CRIMINAL 1,000,000,000,000,000%. It was literally when I realized once and for all that Michael wasn't just attractive during the late '70s, but his entire life. I was already a fan by that point, but that's when I first realized, "...okay, but this man is actually FINE AS ALL HELL and nobody TOLD ME?! Outrageous!!" (Speaking of the '50s, the Fred Astaire influence in that video was intentional, I know that much. 😁)

OKAY enough about that. Will try to find more Bad Era pics sometime soon, hopefully.

Last edited:
Why does this kid get to meet him but not me?

I'm pretty sure this kid is a young Jennifer Love Hewitt... she tells a lovely story about MJ on the Jimmy Kimmel Show (unfortunately you have to tolerate Jimmy's trash self to enjoy the story, but still!)

The jealousy is PROFOUND lol

I'm pretty sure this kid is a young Jennifer Love Hewitt... she tells a lovely story about MJ on the Jimmy Kimmel Show (unfortunately you have to tolerate Jimmy's trash self to enjoy the story, but still!)

The jealousy is PROFOUND lol
That sure is Jennifer Love Hewitt! Lucky gal indeed so jealous lol! It was such an adorable story! 🥰

bad44.jpg

Is just sobbing aloud an appropriate response?
Yes, that's allowed. :ROFLMAO:

Because I'm overwhelmed but I can't do words any more 😭
You have 'lost the ability to language'. In your own immortal words.

If you thought I haven't been making full use of that particular 'wildism' you are much mistaken. Although, thinking on, sobbing aloud is really just another way to 'language' surely? :D

The scholarly field of linguistics is keeping a sharp eye on this thread, lol.

God almighty, @zinniabooklover ... I am on the brink of madness. But it's a wonderful kind of madness. Who even needs brain cells when you've got 45 photo threads that render thinking clearly completely impossible?

Back