The Bad Era

I love it when he's pointing!

33589-1532336922.jpg

Even Michael's radiant, gorgeous, exhaustingly perfect, work-of-art, run-me-over-with-a-truck, life-ruining, life-affirming, purpose-giving, breathtaking, over-the-top-to-the-point-of-ridiculousness beauty and sex appeal cannot save me from the terrible mood I am in relation to the seminar leaks.

But when I'm feeling less awful about humanity, I will come back to this thread and explode all over it. The pics shared on these last few pages are so amazing, Michael could drag me to hell and leave me there and I'd say thank you.

But for now, I'm off to stew.

@zinniabooklover - as a fellow book lover, have you ever read any book MJ was spotted with or recommended?
One of Michael's fave books was Jonathan Livingstone Seagull which came out in the 70's. It was dead popular, I couldn't be doing with it. Last year I bought it and finally read it. I can see why Michael liked it. I didn't love it, too whimsical for me, but it is sweet and quite emotional and there are proper life lessons in there. The experience of reading it was lovely, kind of felt like being connected to Michael for a little while. Different than being connected via his music - that did feel nice. There is a French academic called Isabelle PetitJean who now owns Michael's first edition of JLS. There is a lovely little segment with her in a French fan-made documentary about Michael's dancing. She shows the book onscreen and you can see Michael's notations in the margin. It's also nice looking at those beautuful Michael photos by Dilip Mehta bc a couple of them seem to link into his love of that book. So that's wonderful.

I believe he read The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene. I've dipped in and out of that over the years. Not really my thing but, again, I can see why Michael would be intrigued by it.

Then there is To Kill A Mockingbird which I believe he leaned on quite heavily during the trial which makes sense. I can't stand the book myself. We did it at school, I've tried to read it since, can't do it. But, if you haven't read the book, it makes sense to give it a go while bearing in mind what Michael went through. There is a thread here on the board comparing Michael to Boo Radley.

I might have read Peter Pan when I was a kid. Or maybe I didn't, lol. It doesn't really grab my imagination. I did see the play and quite liked that but was quite content to not take it any further.

I've seen photos of books allegedly from his library, books on African American history and Black politics that look amazing - I'm more into non-fiction than fiction. I would love to read some of those.

There used to be a little blog where someone went through the list of some of Michael's fave books and she did a little synopsis of each book. Now I cannot find the thing!

I did find this although this is not the one I found before. I can't vouch for this, haven't read it in full, just took a quick glance:

There is also this Goodreads list, supposedly his top faves:

No idea how accurate that list is although I do recognise quite a few of the titles from other lists I've seen plus those photos from his library.

Here's another link:

What else? Emerson I really like. I believe Michael liked the poetry of Rumi which I do, too. Also, Rabindranath Tagore. I've never read Tagore properly, just random jumping around like a mad flea. Here is one of his famous quotes which I think is very Michael - ish ...

tagore-voice-silence-455x350.jpg

There's various other lists online which you can find easily - which isn't what you asked for but I am now losing the plot, lol. Most of the classic self-help books that Michael read, I've read them back in the day but nothing that I loved. I think the history and politics books he had would be more my thing.

This post is a figment of your imagination! I'm supposed to be offline today, lol. It's going well, as you can see. :D

Last edited:
I love your response, thank you for investing time!
Wow, I haven't read most of his favourites. From those I have... Some of those classics I did like, some I didn't.

I believe he read The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene. I've dipped in and out of that over the years. Not really my thing but, again, I can see why Michael would be intrigued by it.
I personally didn't like it at all, I'd rather base my relationships on healthy behavior than manipulation (basically what the book recommends to do in life). I'd rather be happy than follow the author's advice.

Last edited:
Who is she? I thought Michael and I were monogamous in the Bad era... :p
oh, you've got me started now! I posted this one last summer. Let me see if I can find the convo, might be able to find her name.

tumblr_map34vUnGc1qcqvito2_500.png

EDIT - Recording with Christine Decroix Je Ne Veux Pas La Fin De Nous, the French version of I Just Can't Stop Loving You.

Isn't it from Moonwalker?
Is it? Dunno. Never watched it all the way through. Did not realise it included live footage. Ngl, Moonwalker is not my jam. I don't even like the full version of the SC video.

I loooove this footage
The footage is awesome. I've already watched it dozens of times. The editing is gorgeous.

and agree with the next tweet
It's so funny and so sweet!

"Mom, we need to talk ..." :ROFLMAO:

Love this photo. So beautiful. One of those photos that has a real aura around it.

Back