The documentaries on Xscape

I am very very disappointet with the DVD...

The outtakes is ridicculus - no need to ever see that again.

The main doc is 23 minutes long ?? WTF ?!!? What a waste...

They should have included some studio footage of MJ and made it a lot longer. They should have gone through the album track by track and told about the history of the song and how the contemporized it etc. - MJ's visions and ideas.
The DVD is worthless IMHO. - Pure crap. It had been A LOT better if they had just dropped the DVD and kept the price lower. - Deluxe edition should only have been 1 CD with the 8 demos and 1 bonus track with JT.

DVD made it a little more expensive and a little more crappy. Worst DVD ever!

Sorry for the negative post. - But this DVD was really a wasted opportunity. - It could have been so cool, instead we got this rubbish....

You are so right that is what i was except to see in this DVD (in the bold)

Guys, sorry for my negative comments, I just felt the need to share my thoughts to see if someone agreed or even refuted them. I am changing my mind about some things I noted here and that were explained more logically and positively by other members. Let's just discuss, not fight. I'm not nitpicking, I am expressing my thoughts. I guess everyone here has the possibility of watching the doc, so it isn't nitpicking, it's just comments.

It okay it just that the DVD should have been longer 23 mins that is short. It just should have been more in there.

L.A. has to say what he wants to say to promote the record. Just like when he (or someone else) said that MJ would've approved the project. None of us know what MJ would've felt about this. But they have to still somehow sell the product to the general audience (inc. the fans).

L.A. said on Twitter to the question "Do you think Michael would like the songs?" he said "I don't know, but we did our best" Something like that, I think he will say "Yes, of course" like others haha

I wish the music video was filmed in time to make the dvd. That would have been nice...

After watching the Bet special on Xscape the Documentary i was surpries the one that came with the cd had alots of edting done to it alots of outtakes remove. Justin T. was in this one he talk about how he first heard the song LNFSG he was in the studio and he said why was this not record he love it. We miss alots imo this is the DVD we shold have goting with the cd. And you know what this could have been a longer DVD so unfair to Michael fans. Their talk about Michael passion for his music i like this one much better then the one we got. There was much more things about Michael how he would feel about these songs it was just so much and it is unfair.

Why was this in black and white and not in color?

Haha no it didn't. The deluxe version of XSCAPE is the same price as any other deluxe album.

Then profit for J3 would have been better without the DVD.

And the DVD did nothing good for the release what so ever.

Then profit for J3 would have been better without the DVD.

And the DVD did nothing good for the release what so ever.

Oh yeah, because MJs kids totally need more money :p

In regards to the second point, maybe in your opinion. However you could easily argue that the doco didn't do anything bad for the release either. You could also argue that fans of the various producers, who might've only got the standard edition, would find the doco interesting as well, drawing further interest into getting the deluxe edition. If anything, they'd experience more Michael too! :)

And me personally? IMO I thought the documentary was a decent insight into the producers, their thoughts on Michael and the project. In that way too, it did add to the release.

Last edited:
Nice extra to the album, but not a documentary , its more a series of interviews. Its nice to see the love for Michael and everything that is being done is from a place of that love. I think Michael would have loved the work, grooves and sounds; obviously he would have had thoughts on each track and vocals, he was a perfectionist, but sadly the situation is he isn't here to have that say, but he would have been overjoyed that his legacy was being protected and given life for his children, and his children's children to be financially looked after for years to come. After all thats the wishes and the trust he had that are being carried out and protected.

To be honest, i think Stargate where the only guys which had huge respect for Michael, they really liked the original version of 'Place', and one guy actually said: "Wow".
Timbo on the other hand, was (as i felt) certainly unimpressed with the "old Blue Gangsta".
Reid didn't show that much affection to the
'old STTR' either, funny, because he originally mixed it.
(as i recall, or did he just
co-wrote it?)

The old BG beat really was boring and sounded like a temporary demo track that would probably get worked on later.
His reaction to hearing it is very justified.

The old BG beat really was boring and sounded like a temporary demo track that would probably get worked on later.

I don't agree, I like the old version better than the new. The new one sounds like a remix, not an original track.

Not that he made it better... in fact most people I have heard think that the original BG is a lot better than the new one. I certainly agree with that. To be honest Timbaland made a hot mess of that song.

Back