The Estate "has numerous projects in development."

The remixes on the Xscape album were wayy better than the originals. It just sounded more up to date and complete.

The updated DYKWYCA was horrible.

And for your info the Estate never contacted the people that worked on those tracks (except for Rodney) and selected random mixes of those songs.

Yeah that version was dreadful. But I think LNFSG was one of Michael's best songs and many agree. But the demos were just painful. Loving You's demo was good though.

I like History tour.

I hope to see Munich 1997 Ultra HD in cinemas.

If the main objection by fans to HIStory world tour is the point he did not sing much live... Well judging off of This Is It, the estate does not have an issue with dubbing.. They really could dub live vocals from one show and mask over another.. I don't think fans would mind since they would be dubbing over 'pre recorded' vocals for live - which is the opposite of what they'd usually do.

If the main objection by fans to HIStory world tour is the point he did not sing much live... Well judging off of This Is It, the estate does not have an issue with dubbing.. They really could dub live vocals from one show and mask over another.. I don't think fans would mind since they would be dubbing over 'pre recorded' vocals for live - which is the opposite of what they'd usually do.
Nah, even if some/many of us as fans enjoy the show I don't think we should push for a cinema and/or DVD release of it in any way.:no:
Doing so (for many reasons) doesn't make sense IMO.
As I've said before there's just so many other things that could be done by the estate instead.:)

Last edited:
I remember somone spoke to one of the original film crew. They said the BAD tour Leeds show was shot in full 35mm film. So, it all comes down to finding it in the archives. If they do have it then it's a no Brainer to release. MJ DESERVES a high quality release like that. I will say it again, release and the FANS WILL BUY IT.

They have at least 2 London concerts on film too:

https://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/

Also Liverpool most likely. We see a lot from that in Moonwalker.

I like History tour.

I hope to see Munich 1997 Ultra HD in cinemas.
I don't think it can be UHD. The Munich concerts were shot digitally and I remember someone saying that it was in 1080i.

I tried to watch the HD version we have on TV yesterday and I got bored very quickly.

Last edited:
I would definitely mind any trick when they could release shows those showcase MJ LIVE vocals and dancing at the same time instead. I have no idea why fans so cling on the HIStory tour so much that YouTube is full of, instead of tours that would actually showcase MJ at his best as a LIVE artist and that would actually give us something new (eg. Triumph, Destiny, Victory, a high quality Bad tour release etc). There is literally no reason to give HIStory tour such a prominence and to so insist on it other than the defensiveness some fans feel for that tour. It's far from being his best tour and it isn't even rare.

This Is It was a one off and such tricks were more forgivable there since that was a rehearsal never intended for public release.

Only reason that I can think of is that the HIStory Tour has more songs from from the "Thriller-Bad-Dangerous-HIStory" era than BAD.

I'm of the mindset that the History tour shouldn't be released at all. That may be a bit drastic, but it's simply devoid of anything that showcases why Michael is considered the greatest entertainer of all time. Every available performance is okay at best, and that how we want Michael's performing abilities to be showcased. If a cinema release had to happen, nothing past 1993 should be taken into consideration in my opinion. Maybe for low key fan compilations, but most certainly not for a big-budget worldwide release.

Yeah that version was dreadful. But I think LNFSG was one of Michael's best songs and many agree. But the demos were just painful. Loving You's demo was good though.

The only two Xscape demos I simply don't like whatsoever are Chicago and A Place With No Name; the other six range from good to excellent -- Loving You and Xscape especially.

They have at least 2 London concerts on film too:

https://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/

Also Liverpool most likely. We see a lot from that in Moonwalker.

I don't think it can be UHD. The Munich concerts were shot digitally and I remember someone saying that it was in 1080i.

I tried to watch the HD version we have on TV yesterday and I got bored very quickly.
That's great. All the more reason for a release. If the history tour gets a cinema release before bad tour i'm gonna lose it lol. History tour is all over youtube. We have so many concerts from that tour it's not even funny. I don't mind the history tour but it shouldn't get a cinema release at all. Especially when an HD BAD tour cinema release would be so much better.

As for the people hating on the demos, I don't get it. In my opinion the demos are wayy better than the remixes. I like the original place with no name better than the remix.
If it were just remixes then the album would've sucked tbh. Mjs original work > remix.

I don't think HIStory tour should be brought up at all. It shouldn't be released as his performances are generally sub par. I don't really get why fans keep bring up lupus? Where exactly is the evidence he had it? Apart from Dr Klein who isn't exactly trustworthy? The autopsy made no mention of it as I recall. I'm genuinely asking as I don't really recall there ever being proof and it seems like another thing we've just accepted without ever having proof.

Actually there is documented evidence of his lupus. A couple of years ago there were leaked hospital documents from about the treatment MJ got after the Pepsi burn incident. And in those there was a note which said they shouldn't give MJ a certain medicine because it interferes with his Lupus medicine. So it isn't a myth at all.

ETA: I found it.

image.jpg

Interesting.

That's great. All the more reason for a release. If the history tour gets a cinema release before bad tour i'm gonna lose it lol. History tour is all over youtube. We have so many concerts from that tour it's not even funny. I don't mind the history tour but it shouldn't get a cinema release at all. Especially when an HD BAD tour cinema release would be so much better.
I wouldn't expect cinema release of Bad Tour. It would be great but we don't know what kind of audio they have. They might have some concert in very high quality but the audio is poor. Blu-ray would be awesome but I could live without a cinema release. I hope they still have all the video footage.

I wouldn't expect cinema release of Bad Tour. It would be great but we don't know what kind of audio they have. They might have some concert in very high quality but the audio is poor. Blu-ray would be awesome but I could live without a cinema release. I hope they still have all the video footage.
Agreed. If they could just one day release a full bad tour show in the same quality as the APOM and Man in the mirror footage it would be a top release for the estate. Cinema or not.

have you seen the new APOM live video mix by spike lee right? he used the Wembley 5.1 audio for it........ they could do the same with every other song lol, but no, they always choose the easiest way

I realize these ideas are completely unlikely and absolute wishful thinking, but I don't care :D

01. A Bad Tour Concert Film --- a compilation of HD footage from the whole tour (1987/1988/1989).
02. A Dangerous Tour Concert Film --- a compilation of HD footage from the whole tour (1992/1993) with The Way You Make Me Feel & BAD from '92, Dangerous from '93 and In the Closet Instrumental from Toulouse '92.
03. Dangerous 25th Anniversary Edition (better late than never, right?)
04. Michael's music videos and short films on Blu-ray
05. Thriller 35th Anniversary Edition --- with unreleased demos, rare tracks, NO remixes, the Making of Thriller documentary and a Victory Tour concert on Blu-ray/DVD.
06. The Destiny and Triumph Tours on Blu-ray/DVD
07. Captain EO on Blu-ray/DVD (in both 2D and 3D formats.)
08. Ghosts on Blu-ray/DVD
09. History Tour Hawaii 1997 on Blu-ray/DVD (with Blood on the Dance Floor from Bremen w/ the red jacket as a bonus)
10. This Is It 10th Anniversary Extended Edition (with more rehearsal footage)

Last edited:
have you seen the new APOM live video mix by spike lee right? he used the Wembley 5.1 audio for it........ they could do the same with every other song lol, but no, they always choose the easiest way
If certain shows were recorded on film then it's likely the audio was also recorded on multitracks. Wembley wasnt filmed completely (sadly)and they still had multitrack audio. The estate could've released wembley July 15th but chose the 16th because Diana was there. You're right they could do that kind of edit (several shows in 1) but I'd be nice to use new multitrack audio if they end up finding it.

If certain shows were recorded on film then it's likely the audio was also recorded on multitracks. Wembley wasnt filmed completely (sadly)and they still had multitrack audio. The estate could've released wembley July 15th but chose the 16th because Diana was there. You're right they could do that kind of edit (several shows in 1) but I'd be nice to use new multitrack audio if they end up finding it.

Didn't they say around the time of Bad 25's announcement that only the Wembley shows were recorded onto multitrack?

If they have the audio for other shows, it's likely bounced down to a track or two... but in saying that, they could always utilise the latest de-mixing technology available. While recorded onto 3 tracks, The Beatles used this technology to help with their live album which was re-mixed last year. I've also seen it used on feature films like 1960's Psycho, which originally had a mono mix but was de-mixed and expanded to 5.1 Surround Sound for it's 2010 Blu-ray release.

It's always best to have multi-tracks of course, but de-mixing technology is getting better and better by the year :)

Didn't they say around the time of Bad 25's announcement that only the Wembley shows were recorded onto multitrack?

If they have the audio for other shows, it's likely bounced down to a track or two... but in saying that, they could always utilise the latest de-mixing technology available. While recorded onto 3 tracks, The Beatles used this technology to help with their live album which was re-mixed last year. I've also seen it used on feature films like 1960's Psycho, which originally had a mono mix but was de-mixed and expanded to 5.1 Surround Sound for it's 2010 Blu-ray release.

It's always best to have multi-tracks of course, but de-mixing technology is getting better and better by the year :)
That could be true. On the other hand, the estate didn't mention any film material for the bad tour. Only tape because at the time they didn't catalogue a lot of footage yet. We know some shows were shot on film from other sources so it's a fair guess to say that if they took the time to shoot a concert on film they'd use HQ audio. 2 wembley shows were shot on film, according to one of the guys who did the film editing. Since July 16 was recorded on multitrack it's likely the other shows were also.

I think we also have to keep in mind what MJ mega fans like are not always the favs of a general fan.. I can't tell you how often I've been told History is there favorite tour.. They like the set list, the choreography and all the popping/and other mechanical movements.

But do we know that the audio is actually from any of those concerts seen in the video? I might not be. If they released a concert it should have the matching audio of course. :)

I would be fine with no multitrack audio if they just released it on Blu-Ray and DVD. It would be sad if they had amazing looking HD concert but they would choose to not release it just because they don't think the audio is not good enough.

Last edited:
What was recorded, what is available now, and how good the quality has been maintained are completely different things.

Yes they may have recorded multiple shows with film and multitracks, but did they survive the decades in good enough quality? Did they survive at all? Have they been lost? The source material wasn't archived properly, nor was it properly cared for. Sad but true.

As for the people hating on the demos, I don't get it. In my opinion the demos are wayy better than the remixes. I like the original place with no name better than the remix.
If it were just remixes then the album would've sucked tbh. Mjs original work > remix.

The original APWNM is leagues above the remix, it's not even debatable imo. The reworked version is, pardon my french, F***ing terrible! Same with Blue Gangster and DYKWYCA. Thank god for the originals

Last edited:
Yeah I don't care for the reworked versions of anything on Xscape except for LNFSG and Loving You as they feel like the approximate direction Michael would have taken them. APWNN is just a mess. Still I appreciate the attempt. I'm not against these attempts so long as we get the originals too.

It's totally absurd that anyone could consider lip-synching when live on stage as acceptable. I mean it's just not done. Credibility is seriously affected. I'd forgive the odd song but not 95%. People say 'yeah but his dancing was fantastic' - sure it was but his dancing was fantastic in music videos. Live shows are for live performance. That means you plug your instruments in, and a microphone, and play live. If you don't do that in concert when DO you do it?! And Michael knew this. Are there any concerts in known existence that show Michael lip-synching prior to 1988? He must have played hundreds and hundreds. Lip-synching was not invented in 1988.

I think the best reworked song from Xscape is the title track. I think Rodney Jerkins did a really good job, and I thought it was the song that same closest to capturing that classic Michael Jackson sound.

I think the best reworked song from Xscape is the title track. I think Rodney Jerkins did a really good job, and I thought it was the song that same closest to capturing that classic Michael Jackson sound.

I absolutely agree with your assessment. But at the end of the day the original is superior. In every way.

What was recorded, what is available now, and how good the quality has been maintained are completely different things.

Yes they may have recorded multiple shows with film and multitracks, but did they survive the decades in good enough quality? Did they survive at all? Have they been lost? The source material wasn't archived properly, nor was it properly cared for. Sad but true.

All valid points. We simply just don't know right now. Back in 2012 the estate were still searching the archives. It's possible they may have found something in the past 5 years. They were able to let Spike Lee see and use some of the digitized archivall footage for the APOM edit. That film footage probably wasn't digitized until bad 25.

Back