The estate hates us

Because they are not commercially worthwhile.

What a sad and frankly terrible excuse if this is the truth. The greatest entertainer the world has ever seen only has 2 officially released concerts while other legacy artists gets much better treatment when it comes to concert footage.

They could be commercially viable if they used their imagination. There are many ways for the estate to make the money (realistic money cause after all these are 30 year old concerts) that warrants this type of release.

It's funny how concerts are not commercially worthwhile yet they produce and sell weird expensive merch that almost nobody buys and chalk.

Last edited:
What a sad and frankly terrible excuse if this is the truth. The greatest entertainer world has ever seen only has 2 officially released concerts while other legacy artists gets much better treatment when it comes to concert footage.

They could be commercially viable if they used their imagination. There are many ways for the estate to make the money (realistic money cause after all these are 30 year old concerts) that warrants this type of release.

It's funny how concerts are not commercially worthwhile yet they produce and sell weird expensive merch that almost nobody buys and chalk.

LMAO couldn't agree more. Same could be said for the scream Halloween/any compilation album. I guarantee if the find the wembley/Aintree film masters they would release it without an anniversary because they know the fans want it. It deserves to be released. The notion that "it wont make any $$" is ridiculous imo. Every other artist has official concerts. I see so many reaction videos loving MJs performances that have never seen him perform.

Speaking about concerts, The Jackson family seems to be cursed, ´cause even Janet didn´t released any concert fror the past 20 yrs... And she had like 4 tours in the past 20yrs---

What a sad and frankly terrible excuse if this is the truth. The greatest entertainer world has ever seen only has 2 officially released concerts while other legacy artists gets much better treatment when it comes to concert footage.

It costs a lot of money to restore and prepare these concert releases. Putting single covers on a cheap blank hoodie does not equate.

Robbsaber01;4320382 said:
LMAO couldn't agree more. Same could be said for the scream Halloween/any compilation album. I guarantee if the find the wembley/Aintree film masters they would release it without an anniversary because they know the fans want it. It deserves to be released. The notion that "it wont make any $$" is ridiculous imo. Every other artist has official concerts. I see so many reaction videos loving MJs performances that have never seen him perform.

That film reel would warrant a release. A beta tape probably wouldn’t. You are comparing cheap, easy to make releases vs high expense low return releases. They do not compare.

dam2040;4320425 said:
That film reel would warrant a release. A beta tape probably wouldn’t. You are comparing cheap, easy to make releases vs high expense low return releases. They do not compare.
Well a Beta tape would still be much better quality then wembley lol. Dirty Diana MSG & Kansas 88 are Beta. If they have the full concerts in that quality then it no doubt warrants a release. It would be cheaper to edit/release than Film. Again, regardless of the sales the fans will buy/stream it. It works for several other artists. The estate has made a full turnaround in profit since 2009. They can afford a simple concert release. Let's not act like it would bankrupt them lol. Anything with MJs name will sell or will get exposure. Seeing the legend live brings in new fans who will in turn buy/stream his music. I'm tired of the archaic argument that it just wont make enough $$. Concerts = new exposure = $$

Don't test my intelligence...& no I'm not quoting reddit....& that's your opinion....95% of this thread agrees & before u go blabbing about those weak projects (not bad 25) the estate has put out including fake tracks if you wanna go way back....I dont see your point of laughing at a discussion post I posted about FACTS! They could give 2shitts about us. They gave us chalk....CHALK! But I guess your cool with that

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Firstly, there's no need to be so defensive. This is a DISCUSSION, which will receive a wide range of responses and opinions, some of which may not be to your personal liking.

Secondly, there was no laughing on my part - merely incredulity that someone would put so much stock in a reddit poll and take it as the gospel truth.

Finally:

You did quote reddit. You sourced a poll on there, that came to the conclusion that the Estate hates fans. That's what this thread is based on. Why would the Estate hate its main source of income? And how does an arbitrary poll of OPINIONS that random people have, about the Estate's "emotions", become a FACT?

I wasn't going to "blab" about any projects, because that would be off-topic and some of the posts in here are already heading into off-topic areas, such as the same old complaints about concert video releases in 4K or blu-ray, blah, blah, blah.

Again with the CHALK! I guess the significance of chalk as a gimmick in an "Off the Wall" project is lost on some fans, but if they don't understand it, then they just need to let that built-up resentment go. They're embarrassing themselves at this point. I was teaching 4 year old Prep children at the time I received my chalk, so I took it to school and let them use it to write/draw on the brick wall and the concrete path outside. I wrote a message for MJ and photographed it, along with the kids' drawings and uploaded them to the official MJ web-site. I felt good about it that day and never gave it another thought after that.

nite line;4320377 said:
what’s up with some fans and their entitled attitude? The estate hates us because we haven’t got any new music for 7 years. I guess, michael hated us too because he didn’t give us any new music for the last eight years of his life. Lol what nonsense some fans come up with.

Thank you!

lubyss;4320395 said:
Speaking about concerts, The Jackson family seems to be cursed, ´cause even Janet didn´t released any concert fror the past 20 yrs... And she had like 4 tours in the past 20yrs---

I don't know if "cursed" is the right word, but yes. It's strange how the Estate is criticised for not releasing what it clearly doesn't have, or own, when there are many other entertainers (such as Janet) who don't release concert DVDs, 4K, blu-ray, etc. either.

Mikky Dee;4320365 said:
As do many fans; however the Estate is a business entity working for Michael's beneficiaries.... not just one person, therefore "hatred" is misplaced and in my opinion, unhealthy. It's time for fans to get over these wasted emotions and try to have a more positive outlook. For example, I have turned my energies towards hoping for the Estate to succeed against Dan Reed, James Safechuck and Wade Robson and to have its revenge against HBO. Hopefully, said revenge will be in the vicinity of a (rumoured) $100 million payout for breach of contract, when disparaging MJ through the promotion and screening of leaving Neverland.

Thank you. That’s the ONLY thing that I am concerned with . I want the Estate to win against these extortionists.

I do think a concert will not generate a big incomes the first year it is released - but I don't think it will be red numbers either.

BUT - on the long run it would be a very good idea to have more great live concerts so that everyone can see why MJ was called the best live entertainer that ever lived. Youngsters see him on youtube, like the songs, buys them or streams them = money to The Estate, not directly from the concert, but still income because of the concert.

mj_frenzy;4320325 said:
Keep in mind that the COVID-19 pandemic has put certain Michael Jackson Estate’s projects on hold.

They clearly stated that it is their hope that the world will open up again soon, which will allow the Estate’s creators to finish their work.

They also stated that their intention is to surprise the fans: as they said, one should not do too much, give the world a rest, and then surprise them with special projects.

So, lack of announcements on the Estate’s part about upcoming projects and releases may be a good sign for the singer’s fans.

Michael Jackson’s hardcore fans should also keep in mind that an official, separate collectors label (set up by the Estate) can actually compile and release stuff aimed at them.

Stuff like box sets filled with various rarities/demos, DVDs of unseen concerts and/or concert rehearsals accompanied with multi-page, glossy booklets, video releases of studio recording sessions, etc) can mainly get a release by such a label which at the moment does not exist.

I can agree with that the outbreak and the court battles are the reason why any planned projects to stay put.

I’m not gonna buy that Reddit poll, it was just put up out of spite against the Estate, but hey if anybody supports or hates the Estate I don’t care, there are amount of things about the Estate we can agree or disagree on.

Last edited:
Back