The Estate Promotes a 40th Anniversary Re-Release of THE JACKSONS LIVE

Re: The Estate announces the 40th Anniversary edition of THE JACKSONS LIVE

There's no need to. The record is out there and you can even find sealed copies. This release is pointless unless it included something else :)
Maybe because there's people who will buy it. Like a new reissue of Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd comes out every few years. It has never been out of print and is even easier to find than Jacksons Live. Many old albums have been currently reissued on vinyl that have easy to find cheap original copies of. In the last few years, there's been re-releases on cassette, with nothing different on them.

There'll be also a 50th Anniversary celebration of Philly International with releases throughout this year. This might unveil some previoulsy unreleased the Jacksons stuff, who knows? This anniversary is imo a great opportunity to finally get Jermaines shelved "Do unto Others" LP released.

Legendary Music Label Philadelphia International Records Celebrates 50th Anniversary In 2021

LEGENDARY MUSIC LABEL PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL RECORDS CELEBRATES 50TH ANNIVERSARY IN 2021

HISTORIC MUSIC LABEL, LEGACY RECORDINGS & WARNER CHAPPELL MUSIC COLLABORATING ON YEARLONG CAMPAIGN PAYING HOMAGE TO INCREDIBLE MUSIC LEGACY

Anniversary campaign to include exciting partnerships with Sonos, Vinyl Me, Please, Snapper Music and more alongside exclusive product and content releases throughout the year

Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment, and Warner Chappell Music, the global publishing arm of Warner Music Group, are thrilled to announce today the launch of the yearlong campaign in 2021 to celebrate the50th anniversary of one of music’s most historic record labels, Philadelphia International Records. The anniversary campaign will highlight the extraordinary musical output of this storied label and spotlight milestone musical moments, artists and songs from the remarkable Philadelphia International Records family that have defined the landmark label and its incredible impact over the past 50 years. Throughout the year, Legacy Recordings, Warner Chappell Music and Philadelphia International Records will collaborate on an exciting series of exclusive partnerships, product and content releases, artist initiatives and much more.
https://www.legacyrecordings.com/20...-records-celebrates-50th-anniversary-in-2021/

Last edited:

some people buy the re-releases because the price goes up from buying it from places like ebay or etsy. not only that, as things get older they do wear even if it haven't been touch.

This is just a reissue of the out-of-print vinyl. Not a 40th anniversary celebration of anything.

By the Jacksons. Not the Estate.

I can't see why this tour hasn't yet been released, its clear The Estate have the finished product in their archive. If they're worried that it won't sell enough copies they can do a limited release for collectors, and send it out to TV stations. The mind indeed wonders.

How is it clear that they have it?

The only confirmed info out there is that it has been deposited with the US Copyright Office.

w3j1i6H.jpg

Spike Lee scoured the archive for the documentary, just like he did for BAD 25 in 2012. He said himself that he had unearthed footage that has never been seen before whilst using a clip from the LA Triumph Tour show. Clearly edited, showing multiple angles.. And the sound is pretty great also.

Here are a couple of examples...

Here are a couple of examples...

I just want MJs Live Catalogue showcased properly. Every era. A Jacksons concert should have already been released by now. His earlier work gets overlooked imo.

I just want MJs Live Catalogue showcased properly. Every era. A Jacksons concert should have already been released by now. His earlier work gets overlooked imo.

Same. i don't understand why Michael earlier work gets look over. maybe it's outdated to some people. i don't know.

I am happy this is re-printed.

I will buy the Live album for sure. - I just hope I can find it on a danish site, otherwise I will try Amazon or one of those pages.

We know Walk Right Now was performed for a few shows at the Triumph Tour. Can’t they release a performance of that song with this re-release? Or is the performance of Walk Right Now too hard to find?

All of MJs 80s shows are a cultural heritage. The final shows of each concert (09/26/81 * 12/09/84 * 01/27/89) need to be released.

The only confirmed info out there is that it has been deposited with the US Copyright Office.

Was the September 25th show also registered with the US Copyright Office?

Questlove has a copy of that show, I believe.

What's interesting is that they did use footage from the September 25th show in the Spike Lee documentary but only from the songs in which Michael didn't wear the red shirt.

Was the September 25th show also registered with the US Copyright Office?

Questlove has a copy of that show, I believe.

What's interesting is that they did use footage from the September 25th show in the Spike Lee documentary but only from the songs in which Michael didn't wear the red shirt.

Only 09/26 was registered. Interestingly, the concert video was registered only 12 days after the Live album was released. They surely had plans to release the concert video, either on video or on TV.

Couldn't agree more!

*Very unrelated story but Questlove's new doc about "The summer of Soul" (Black Woodstock) is appearently sourced from 40 hours of film from 1969 that he found in a basement and it took 4 months to restore. This just gives me hope for one day finding the damn concert film masters lol.

It would make so much sense to release some concerts to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

It would make so much sense to release some concerts to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
Absolutely! I wouldn't also mind an official release of earlier J5 shows. For instance, a video version of their concerts at the Forum (audio only version already released on cd in 2010).

but The Jacksons will re-releasing 1st 3 albums (The Jacksons, Goin' Places and Destiny)

Absolutely! I wouldn't also mind an official release of earlier J5 shows. For instance, a video version of their concerts at the Forum (audio only version already released on cd in 2010).

That's one of my favourite live CDs. An early J5 concert on Blu-Ray would be great.

Back