The Estate should do CGI and/or 2D animated short films/concert specials

TalentedKamarty

Proud Member
It seems this post caused some confusion so here's some bullet points
• I'm not talking about more holograms
• I personally would love a realistic CGI concert special but I can settle for something less realistic like "Frozen".

I'd like to see them work more with CGI & 2D animation. Alot of songs should've had short films/music videos but never did but they can with the help of CGI or animation. Even when I think about fan-made concerts, I love the audio versions that r available but how amazing would it be if there was a visual too. A realistic CGI animated concert special for Invincible or Xscape would be cool. Even a "What if This Is It happened" type of concert special.

There was a thread in a forum years ago about someone attempting to do this on SecondLife but it never got off the ground. Maybe it's extremely hard for 1 person to do. I grew up watching Sims 2 versions of music videos & seeing fans make videos for songs that didn't have videos on Sims 2 like "Heaven Can Wait". I've done a "Scream Louder" video on IMVU but there were so many limitations because I'm not skilled in creating animations lol. I just think it would be great to see in the future.

Even with this #Thriller40 rollout, there could've been a short film for Carousel, Lady In My Life, The Girl Is Mine, Girlfriend, etc. Michael isn't around to tour anymore so videos might be the best form of promotion for these releases going forward. Even if they use a style that's like Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse it would be fascinating. Especially because, at least right now where technology is, Videos can only be upscaled so much. And some aren't a fan of A.I. upscaling (I am lol) so most r looking for Thriller 4K results for other videos. Beat It looks good but not as good as Thriller due to how it was shot. I'm STILL all for 4K upgrades but I don't expect much from some videos if those short films & concerts weren't shot in a way where it would be drastically visually different like Thriller.

Last edited:
I'd like to see them work more with CGI & 2D animation. Alot of songs should've had short films/music videos but never did but they can with the help of CGI or animation. Even when I think about fan-made concerts, I love the audio versions that r available but how amazing would it be if there was a visual too. A realistic CGI animated concert special for Invincible or Xscape would be cool. Even a "What if This Is It happened" type of concert special.

There was a thread in a forum years ago about someone attempting to do this on SecondLife but it never got off the ground. Maybe it's extremely hard for 1 person to do. I grew up watching Sims 2 versions of music videos & seeing fans make videos for songs that didn't have videos on Sims 2 like "Heaven Can Wait". I've done a "Scream Louder" video on IMVU but there were so many limitations because I'm not skilled in creating animations lol. I just think it would be great to see in the future.

Even with this #Thriller40 rollout, there could've been a short film for Carousel, Lady In My Life, The Girl Is Mine, Girlfriend, etc. Michael isn't around to tour anymore so videos might be the best form of promotion for these releases going forward. Even if they use a style that's like Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse it would be fascinating. Especially because, at least right now where technology is, Videos can only be upscaled so much. And some aren't a fan of A.I. upscaling (I am lol) so most r looking for Thriller 4K results for other videos. Beat It looks good but not as good as Thriller due to how it was shot. I'm STILL all for 4K upgrades but I don't expect much from some videos if those short films & concerts weren't shot in a way where it would be drastically visually different like Thriller.
An animation is the only way to do thisi suppose...but then it has to be right, 😩
Even a "What if This Is It happened" type of concert special ? .😐...no thanks... not anymore *what ifs *moments please- we have enough of those already.

Regarding the CGI stuff... I know they tried in 2014 ...they are doing it with Dio..
I am fascinated by the "fist bump" here - it is at 0:59 - 1:00 against human and hologram! I would guess most will think it is creepy not see it from an art point of view. its the only thing that could happen. again , such a double edged sword.. but even Dios fans are saying the negative!
**********************************************************************************

"This looks like a cool show and it's great to see Dio at least in digital form since he can't actually be here with us, but .... I don't remember Ronnie moving like or looking like a character from Shrek."

"I support any and all efforts to try to bring his magic back to audiences, but... this really needs to be done better in my opinion... I realize that unless you're using an actual recording of his voice that anything else is going to be only somewhat-close-at-best because all singers are different, but the apparent sync issues in particular really destroy the illusion. Also, is it not possible to make it a little more photo-realistic? As others have commented it looks kind of cartoon-ish. That said, I STILL support this effort to try to bring his magic to new audiences, I just hope they get it a little better in the future. - Don't give up... it's well worth the effort, but please try to fix the issues as you go forward."

"Like many people, I saw RJD several times when he was alive. He had certain mannerisms that just cannot be replicated by a machine. I think it's wonderful they're trying to keep his legacy alive, but... The humanity of the man is clearly lost here."

"Why can't they make him look photographically real like Tupac? This straight up looks like an animation."

Have you seen slave to the rhythm 'video'.
There's a better one

But this isn't exactly what I'm talking about. I'm more so talking about something fully animated. Not a hologram. A fully CGI animated concert special(s).

An animation is the only way to do thisi suppose...but then it has to be right, 😩
Even a "What if This Is It happened" type of concert special ? .😐...no thanks... not anymore *what ifs *moments please- we have enough of those already.

Regarding the CGI stuff... I know they tried in 2014 ...they are doing it with Dio..
I am fascinated by the "fist bump" here - it is at 0:59 - 1:00 against human and hologram! I would guess most will think it is creepy not see it from an art point of view. its the only thing that could happen. again , such a double edged sword.. but even Dios fans are saying the negative!
**********************************************************************************

"This looks like a cool show and it's great to see Dio at least in digital form since he can't actually be here with us, but .... I don't remember Ronnie moving like or looking like a character from Shrek."

"I support any and all efforts to try to bring his magic back to audiences, but... this really needs to be done better in my opinion... I realize that unless you're using an actual recording of his voice that anything else is going to be only somewhat-close-at-best because all singers are different, but the apparent sync issues in particular really destroy the illusion. Also, is it not possible to make it a little more photo-realistic? As others have commented it looks kind of cartoon-ish. That said, I STILL support this effort to try to bring his magic to new audiences, I just hope they get it a little better in the future. - Don't give up... it's well worth the effort, but please try to fix the issues as you go forward."

"Like many people, I saw RJD several times when he was alive. He had certain mannerisms that just cannot be replicated by a machine. I think it's wonderful they're trying to keep his legacy alive, but... The humanity of the man is clearly lost here."

"Why can't they make him look photographically real like Tupac? This straight up looks like an animation."
Yea I'm not really into holograms. They could've found a impersonator that moved more like Michael & the same team that did Tupac because they nailed the movement & the face. Some of the dances stood out with the hologram as if MJs choreographer(s) weren't involved. They know better than most what moves Michael would do and how he would deliver them. If they did go that route again. Definitely should test it with a group of die-hard fans. Like 3 to 5 fans. Put them in a room and let them watch It before everyone else has access to it. If they agree it looks great then at least most of us will share the same opinion... Most at least lol. Can't satisfy everyone.

But I'd prefer a fully CGI concert special(s), short films, etc. Crowds don't really seem to have the best reaction to holograms anyway so the energy doesn't feel like Michael on stage. Nobodies fainting, no "Go Michael" chants like when he performed at the Soul Train awards lol. Plus if it's fully CGI they can play with Michaels fascination with magic a little more. Appearing and disappearing. Performing songs like Ghost, Threatened & Thriller & turning into a zombie, warewolf, etc at the snap of a finger. Or Remember the Time & turning into that gold sand on stage lol. We'll be able to finally play with these things that were a little harder to navigate in real life.

But I'd prefer a fully CGI concert special(s), short films, etc. Crowds don't really seem to have the best reaction to holograms anyway so the energy doesn't feel like Michael on stage. Nobodies fainting, no "Go Michael" chants like when he performed at the Soul Train awards lol. Plus if it's fully CGI they can play with Michaels fascination with magic a little more. Appearing and disappearing.
I kind of like the idea of hologram, and if you just look at the Michael part, it's not that bad. We cannot expect the same reaction from crowd, I did see some of them crying / getting emotional. Honestly anyone chanting Go Michael would just look silly because, well, Michael is not here. If I remember it right, they did bring in an impersonator while creating this.
My problem is that no one can really dance like Michael, and I don't mean just the moves, the hologram does the moves, but not all of them look at the right place. Michael's moves had such perfection, such harmony with the music, that cannot be recreated. No offense to any of the impersonators, its just a God gifted talent Michael had.
The other problem is what you said, the other dancers look disconnected. Someone need to be bring that Michael level perfection in it, which is not easy.
CGI is a whole different story. I cannot imagine what it would be like, so no comment.

I do not like the "holograms", they creep me out. Plus, it's not Michael! I'd rather not see any performances at all than see a fake CGI MJ. Yes I know he's dead, but for me it makes no difference whether I'm going or not, because either way, there won't be any Michael Jackson. It won't bring him back, and can't replace him. Yes, it saddens me too. 😔

I kind of like the idea of hologram, and if you just look at the Michael part, it's not that bad. We cannot expect the same reaction from crowd, I did see some of them crying / getting emotional. Honestly anyone chanting Go Michael would just look silly because, well, Michael is not here. If I remember it right, they did bring in an impersonator while creating this.
My problem is that no one can really dance like Michael, and I don't mean just the moves, the hologram does the moves, but not all of them look at the right place. Michael's moves had such perfection, such harmony with the music, that cannot be recreated. No offense to any of the impersonators, its just a God gifted talent Michael had.
The other problem is what you said, the other dancers look disconnected. Someone need to be bring that Michael level perfection in it, which is not easy.
CGI is a whole different story. I cannot imagine what it would be like, so no comment.
I feel like nobodies grasping what I'm saying lol but here's the best example I can think of
Basically something like this but professionally done and the actual length of a concert. Holograms r too hard to perfect it seems. Even the fixed version I posted of the hologram still lacks in dancing to some degree. & No one will ever be as great as Michael of course but I'd be lying if God didn't gift people with elements of Michael without the whole package lol. There's impersonators out there that got the moves 100% but can't sing. U got impersonators that sound dead on like him but don't got the look or the dancing isn't as precise. The universe doesn't make duplicates lol he'll give u some but not all. But I'm basically saying "Okay, let's take the guy that dances smooth as butter like Michael, put him in a Motion capture suit for this CGI render/model. Here's another example of what I mean.
Imagine this but with a big budget behind it & bigger team to help. This guy's been working on that for awhile now. If someone like him had the funding & resources it would be next level.
Then u get somebody like Jeffrey Perez to do the vocals for the live version of songs that were never performed live.

I do not like the "holograms", they creep me out. Plus, it's not Michael! I'd rather not see any performances at all than see a fake CGI MJ. Yes I know he's dead, but for me it makes no difference whether I'm going or not, because either way, there won't be any Michael Jackson.

I'm not talking about holograms or real people in a audience. I'm talking purely CGI. Him, the stage, the crowd, the venue. They could make up a venue on Mars or something. I don't care lol "Performing live from Jupiter in the Galactic Arena" 😂 it could be this huge arena with a sea of people but they're on another planet & Michaels performing there. Basically something like this.
But with a big budget

No thanks. I could not watch either of them past 30 seconds. Maybe I am too old for this.
Is it the quality level or the fact that it's purely animated? Maybe it's just me and people like me that enjoy this. Well, at least somewhat because I do wish the quality was better but these fans r just using the resources they have with the little free time they have to make these. I think it would be cool if they had the funding to back them to really do it in a major way that feels amazing. These r just examples of what I'm talking about but these aren't the best representation of what I mean because what I'm thinking hasn't been done yet which is why it would be perfect for Michael cause he was known to innovate.

Is it the quality level or the fact that it's purely animated? Maybe it's just me and people like me that enjoy this.
hmm, hard to tell. Maybe its quality, maybe it's the concept. Maybe with enough resources and talent, something good can be created. I kind of like these, -

No, none of that crap. No more "product".

Just release what's in the vaults -- both audio and video.
I think we can expand on it though. I'm not talking about holograms. They tried it, didn't work with most fans. But they could do cartoons (2D) or CGI short films (either super realistic or more of a blend of 2D & 3D like Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse). I've seen fans come up with pretty interesting storylines for short films/music videos but will never see the light of day. Through animation I think we can. Not holograms lol.
Here's a video I did on a virtual world game called IMVU
Granted, it isn't the best but I just used what I could with what I was able to put together in this game because I'm not skilled in Motion capture/3D animation. In this, u buy animations like dances & swinging a baseball bat and apply it to your character. But if u can't find something (like the Actual Scream dance) u just gotta find something and make do 🤷🏾‍♂️ Imagine if somebody actually skilled in this did Michael videos for posthumous released songs. It would insane.

Last edited:

We Could Be Living And Working on The Moon by 2030, Says NASA​

yeah your'e not kidding with that are you lol lets go all out and M could be the first hologram /entertainment on the moon.
it ...literally that makes me ache ...the pain - that human nature video performance you posted :confused: :(but IF it had the exact ....exact same face and it has to move right....i don't like it too much... but it is what it is.
That's all we've got ..

As for as a hologram thing, I'm fine if they never do that again. Slave To The Rhythm was bad on every level.

If they do an animated video, I'd be ok with that. I've been saying for years since The Gorilla's came out with Feel Good Inc, that Michael's estate could do something like that. Hell collaborate with the Gorilla's and do a video for Monkey Business. It would be fitting. :ROFLMAO:

As for as a hologram thing, I'm fine if they never do that again. Slave To The Rhythm was bad on every level.

If they do an animated video, I'd be ok with that. I've been saying for years since The Gorilla's came out with Feel Good Inc, that Michael's estate could do something like that. Hell collaborate with the Gorilla's and do a video for Monkey Business. It would be fitting. :ROFLMAO:
Oh an animated video I'd be okay with, as long as they make Michael look good in it (sadly a lot of artistic interpretations tend to turn him into a caricature IMHO, whether intentional or not. I have seen some that I like, mind you, but I'm admittedly picky). Just no more fake performances! I don't like those, and don't see the point. Michael isn't actually on stage, let alone singing and dancing. I might as well go to a Jason Malachi concert or whatever at that point, it wouldn't be all that different to me. (Not that I would, for obvious reasons, but just to give an example, lol.)

At least with an animated band like the Gorillaz, you'll know it'll be animated since that's their whole thing. They're animated characters to begin with. Plus, as far as I'm aware, Damon Albarn and everyone else involved is still very much alive, and I'm fairly certain everything during their shows is live as well as a result. Instead of some weird "resurrection" thing; I feel the same way about all these dead CGI actors. I wouldn't want that happening to me if I were famous... I'd actually put it in my will, I think. "No weird CGI resurrection stuff, for the love of God!"

But an animated video would fine, there's no "live" stuff needed for that. As long as it's not "hyper-realistic CGI", for the same reasons as described above. Actually make it look like a cartoon! It'd be much less uncanny, as well. As long as it's actually MJ-related. *glares at a certain terrible lyric video*

Exaaactly what I'm talking about lol
These are nice, there are many. I think the big difference is these don't try to imitate any existing performance. That's probably my problem with what you posted originally. These are good, I quite like even an animated movie like this one.

The problem there is..it would take effort
I think there needs to be more transparency. Maybe not with the whole fandom, but pull in 3 to 5 fans that r die-hard Michael fans and get their co-sign before we see it. That would solve a ton of problems. The flaws with the hologram probably would've never happened if that was the case. But some aren't into super realistic CGI (I am when it's done well) but I think we can still do 3D without a realistic look. I only fear what u said, it looking like a insulting caricature. They did well with his look in that Halloween movie from 2017 so maybe it's paranoia lol. I'd personally be for a realistic CGI concert special but not a hologram. Something graphically on the level of the recent Lion King. But I'd be okay with a less realistic concert special. I just wouldn't want it too cartoony because 2 hours+ of dances that look too Looney Tunes-esk with it's movements would feel weird to sit through for that amount of time lol but something 3D in the style of a Moana or Toy Story, 100% here for it. Hell, I think Disney should actually be the ones doing it lol

Something like this?
I think if it was to be done, it would probably more accepted if it was some sort of animation with artists who he approved of. I cant see people here agreeing with anymore deepfake technology..
mcartney is still alive as is beck -so the fans of them , dont feel our pain , they'd probably like that video.

Back