The Jackson 5 Honor Michael Jackson On The 7th Anniversary Of His Passing

AliCat

Proud Member
On Saturday, June 25, the world took a day to reflect on the life and legacy of entertainment icon Michael Jackson.
Although it's now been seven years since the King Of Pop left a void in the music world with his untimely passing, it's clear that his fans, close friends and family will continue to preserve his memory by celebrating his unparalleled contributions to music, charity and pop culture.
Among those who joined in to honor MJ's memory were his brothers Jermaine, Tito, Jackie and Marlon. The remaining original members of the Jackson 5 took to the stage at the San Diego County Fair in Del Mar, California just one day before the anniversary to honor their legendary sibling with a performance of a medley of their hits and some of Michael's. With mom Katherine Jackson also in attendance, the history-making group put on the quite the show with a set list that included songs like "I Want You Back," "Can You Feel It" and "Blame It On The Boogie."

Check out a clip of their performance below.

http://www.essence.com/2016/06/27/jackson-5-honor-michael-jackson

Janet was also supposed to do a concert at Nikon Jones Beach in Long Island on June 25th before she postponed her tour. I was planning to go to that concert, and it would have been interesting to see what she would have done to honor her brother, but oh well.

I'm sorry but I will always find it funny how Marlon tries to be Michael.. You know his jealousy over the years must have gotten to him.

on a positive note - it's nice to see that performance!

That was great! I never saw where Marlon was jealous of Michael. He became a good dancer and choreographer and always seemed well adjusted when it came to Michael's fame.
Of course, in the variety show days, I developed quite a bad "fan-girl" crush on Marlon. :)

Marlon is a pretty good dancer. He did his James Brown, much like Michael did. Watch...

I think when Michael performed at the 25th Motown anniversary and he did the Moonwalk, his brother's knew that they had been left in the dust in comparison to their brother, Michael. Perhaps they did not work as hard as Michael at their craft. Tito would rather have worked on cars, than work at his craft like his little brother, Michael, the music, the dance!

Back