The kid who Michael saved in Hungary in the 90s was on TV yesterday

HIStory

Proud Member
Yesterday Béla Farkas was in a TV program on Hungarian TV. He is the little kid that Michael supported in Hungary back in the 1990s. He paid for his liver transplant operation. As you can see he is well and alive. He has a wife and a little daughter now. He changed his name to Tamás Farkas. (Tamás/Béla is the first name, Farkas is the surename.)

The program is about people who are looking for their lost family members. He was looking for his biological parents with whom he hasn't met since he was a little child. He was raised by adoptive parents after the operation. His biological parents (who broke up shortly after Tamás was given to adoption) both said they did so because they were too young and could not afford his medicine and could not have given him circumstances that would have supported his healing (eg. sterile room etc.). They felt it was for Béla's sake that they gave him to adoption. He accepted the explanation and they made up at the end.

[video=youtube;V5Zw4E3AskE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Zw4E3AskE[/video]

[video=youtube;lRCJDos16Iw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRCJDos16Iw[/video]

^^That was lovely-wish it had English subtitles tho. I see Bela got his gorgeous eyes from his dad. Is this in Hungary? It's so beautiful.

I read an article when his baby was born that Michael not only took care of his transplant, but all of his expensive medication needed for years and years.

It is wonderful to see this story continue to have a happy ending.

Interesting, thanks Respect. I heard from some Hungarian fans that he is in dire financial situation and trying to raise funds or something, and that he is expecting a second child. Not sure how accurate that is.

Interesting, thanks Respect. I heard from some Hungarian fans that he is in dire financial situation and trying to raise funds or something, and that he is expecting a second child. Not sure how accurate that is.

Yes, they are expecting their second child and it was said they lived modestly, but happy.

Back