The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion

Re: The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion And Updates Thr

nothing

Re: The Legend Lives On - Official Cirque du Soleil 'Immortal World Tour' Discussion And Updates Thr

I'm seeing this show on December 30th, 2011! WHOO-HOO!!!

from the interview with jamie king

There were some amazing video visuals that we’ve seen glimpses of them in the movie but never the full versions

So that means more this is it videos?? i hope they release this is it 2...

would this tour be on dvd ever? prop wont be in holland so i have to do it with the dvd then... and what about this is it dancers???

^Why will in probably not be in Holland? I'm counting on it to be honest.

i dont know i just believe it would not, haha its a to small country

Cirque has performed shows in the Netherlands before, quite often actually. Michael did too. We're small but we like a good show ;)

When do the european legs go on sale?

When do the european legs go on sale?
Probably not for a long time because the dates haven't even been announced yet.

Does anyone know if they have picked the dancers yet? I am curious if any of the TII dancers will try.

Yasss it's coming to ST. LOUIS NEXT YEAR!!!

Tour Expanding to 17 New Cities, Adding Dates As Anticipation Grows

Longtime Michael Jackson Collaborator Greg Phillinganes, Top Musical Designer Kevin Antunes Joining Creative Team

Exclusive Pre-Sale Starts March 9 and General Onsale Begins March 12

Montreal, March 9, 2011 – With anticipation growing for the launch of Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, Cirque du Soleil announced today it is adding 17 new cities to its tour in advance of its World Premiere October 2 in Montreal. In addition, new dates are being added to the existing schedule or extra seats released in more than 25 cities across North America.

Cirque du Soleil also announced that Greg Phillinganes, one of Michael Jackson’s key creative collaborators on some of his most memorable tours and albums, has joined the Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour creative team as music director, providing an unparalleled depth of knowledge of Michael’s music and the live Michael Jackson experience. Phillinganes was music director for Michael’s Bad and Dangerous tours and worked on such iconic albums as Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Invincible, and the latest release Michael.

Kevin Antunes, one of the industry’s top musical designers, will join creative team as musical designer and will also team with Phillinganes to work on the score for this landmark production. Antunes has worked directly for Madonna, Justin Timberlake and *NSYNC, and has performed with artists such as Janet Jackson, Timbaland, Britney Spears, Aerosmith, Mary J Blige, Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift, Snoop Dogg and Christina Aguilera, among others.

For tour cities and ticket information, please go to http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/MichaelJackson

About the show
A riveting fusion of visuals, dance, music and fantasy that immerses audiences in Michael’s creative world and literally turns his signature moves upside down, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour unfolds Michael Jackson’s artistry before the eyes of the audience. Aimed at lifelong fans as well as those experiencing Michael’s creative genius for the first time, the show captures the essence, soul and inspiration of the King of Pop, celebrating a legacy that continues to transcend generations.

THE IMMORTAL World Tour takes place in a fantastical realm where we discover Michael’s inspirational Giving Tree—a wellspring of creativity that illuminates for the audience Michael’s thoughtful inner world, offering new paths to express his love for music, dance, fairy tale and magic, and the fragile beauty of nature.

The underpinnings of THE IMMORTAL World Tour are Michael Jackson’s powerful, inspirational music and lyrics—the driving force behind the show—brought to life with extraordinary power and breathless intensity. Through unforgettable performances Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour underscores Michael’s global messages of love, peace and unity.

Creative Team - Click on “Meet the Creators” for bio information.
Guy Laliberté – Creative Guide
Chantal Tremblay – Director of Creation
Jamie King – Writer and Director
Kevin Antunes – Musical Designer
Greg Phillinganes – Music Director
Mark Fisher – Set Designer
Michael Curry – Props and Scenic Designer
Zaldy Goco – Costume Designer
Germain Guillemot – Acrobatic Performance Designer
Scott Osgood – Rigging and Acrobatic Equipment Designer
Olivier Goulet – Projection Designer
Martin Labrecque – Lighting Designer

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/9668es

Washington, DC is finally added!

New Orleans has been added! I totally wasn't expecting this. :wild: :punk:Trying to find the money to go as we speak! :D

greg%20phillinganes%20sm.jpg

kevin%20antunes%20sm.jpg

kevin%20antunes_greg%20phillinganes%20sm.jpg

An exciting new video interview with Greg Phillinganes about Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour and photos for you to share!

Greg Phillinganes, one of Michael Jackson’s key creative collaborators on some of his most memorable tours and albums, has joined the Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour creative team as music director, providing an unparalleled depth of knowledge of Michael’s music and the live Michael Jackson experience. Phillinganes was music director for Michael’s Bad and Dangerous tours and worked on such iconic albums as Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Invincible, and the latest release Michael.

[YOUTUBE]DyEfnopfhso[/YOUTUBE]

Kevin Antunes, one of the industry’s top musical designers, will join creative team as musical designer and will also team with Phillinganes to work on the score for this landmark production. Antunes has worked directly for Madonna, Justin Timberlake and *NSYNC, and has performed with artists such as Janet Jackson, Timbaland, Britney Spears, Aerosmith, Mary J Blige, Alicia Keys, Taylor Swift, Snoop Dogg and Christina Aguilera, among others.

If only I could get to witness this! geez....

got my tickets in Milwaukee sect 226!!!!

OMG i need 2 hurry up and get my money...

I ordered my tickets for me and my twin two days ago. WOW!!!

Aww man. I sincerly hope they come to Germany. Though they seem to be pretty expensive. I mean, tickets for a concert with MJ himself, where as expensive as a show, without MJ.... :smilerolleyes:

Is it worth traveling to Canada to see this during my half-term break? I'd also be seeing my friend as he'll soon be moving there.

Still no shows for Europe:(

I purchased my ticket today for the Washington DC show!

I'm Blessed with a Big Sister who loves me and knows me very well,She surprised me by telling me that She had just bought 2 tickets for next year's Cirque Du Soleil Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour. It's my Birthday gift but I can't see it until next year.She told me It's the bleeder's seats but there will be Screens to show everything and I could see the whole stage.I'll let you know when the Tickets get to my house for seat numbers.I was also told to get my operaglasses and 2 box of tissues. I can't wait.

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as well. I hope someone can help me out -

I've had one horrible weekend trying to convince my parents to let me go...but they still won't budge. Money's not an issue at all, in fact they're ready to buy two tickets (they're saying I need an adult to take me, going with a friend won't work, they said it'd be just as dangerous/wreckless)...the only problem is that the center/auditorium it's being hosted at in my state is in the downtown area & they're saying it's too dangerous to go there at night...AGHH...so frustrating! Little tiny 10 year olds have gone there and and seen the Jonas Brothers, Bieber, Hannah Montana etc....but I can't go to see an MJ Cirque Du Soleil show?! DRIVES ME NUTS! On the off chance that they actually do let me go, I've been checking online to see what tickets are available, but it's not letting me do anything. It keeps saying "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available." Does that mean they're already sold out?!

Maybe I'm getting frustrated for no reason...Like is this show even worth going to? It's not MJ at all...it's just a bunch of circus people singing and dancing to his songs...right? Or are there people from TII coming too? What's so special about this tour?

Is it worth traveling to Canada to see this during my half-term break? I'd also be seeing my friend as he'll soon be moving there.

Well, if you already have plan to go to Canada to visit your friend. Then, I guess it's worthwhile to get tickets to see the show. Why not? You will be there and seeing the show can be one of the attractions.

But, whether it's worthwhile to travel to Canada from UK just for the show? I don't know. It really depends on how you like Cirque Du Soleil.

Some of my friends really love Cirque show. I'm indifferent.

I think the show will definitely travel to Europe after its run in North America.

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as well. I hope someone can help me out -

I've had one horrible weekend trying to convince my parents to let me go...but they still won't budge. Money's not an issue at all, in fact they're ready to buy two tickets (they're saying I need an adult to take me, going with a friend won't work, they said it'd be just as dangerous/wreckless)...the only problem is that the center/auditorium it's being hosted at in my state is in the downtown area & they're saying it's too dangerous to go there at night...AGHH...so frustrating! Little tiny 10 year olds have gone there and and seen the Jonas Brothers, Bieber, Hannah Montana etc....but I can't go to see an MJ Cirque Du Soleil show?! DRIVES ME NUTS! On the off chance that they actually do let me go, I've been checking online to see what tickets are available, but it's not letting me do anything. It keeps saying "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available." Does that mean they're already sold out?!

Maybe I'm getting frustrated for no reason...Like is this show even worth going to? It's not MJ at all...it's just a bunch of circus people singing and dancing to his songs...right? Or are there people from TII coming too? What's so special about this tour?

Have you tried inputting different searching criteria? Like different price range, differnent date?

Don't be frustrated yet! Seems like they are adding more shows now. May be you can still buy ticket when the show comes to your town. And, may be you can convince your parents to let you attend the show by then. :better:

As for whether it's worthwhile to go? I don't know. I got tickets. Of course I'm excited, but I'm not going to have unrealistic expectation. It's not a Michael Jackson concert :)cry:), the show is indeed a Cirque Du Soleil show with Michael Jackson theme.

I went on ahead and took a chance and bought tickets for $144 each.
Cirque Du Soleil shows are supposed to be really good, so I think it's save bet the MJ show will be good too. I just felt I would regret it if I didn't go to this.

An exciting new video interview with Kevin Antunes about Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, with more insight into how spectacular this show is going to be!

Kevin Antunes, Musical Designer for Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, talks about working with the original multitracks to Michael's music and how his voice from the original master recordings drives the show.

Kevin is a musical designer, musical director, keyboardist and digital audio programmer having worked with everyone from Justin Timberlake to Janet Jackson. And now, fresh from Madonna's Sticky & Sweet world tour, he joins forces with Cirque du Soleil on this 'project of a lifetime'.

[YOUTUBE]lwRykkRpg0M[/YOUTUBE]

nice piece..

Back