The main reason most people don't like Invincible album is Rodney Jerkins?

Y'all have low expectations.... Compare a smooth criminal or a Stranger in Moscow to 2000 Watts and the difference in quality is absolutely staggering.

2000 Watts is such a poor song along with several other on Invincible. I'm talking the quality of the song.
Completely different songs. Not comparable.

Y'all have low expectations.... Compare a smooth criminal or a Stranger in Moscow to 2000 Watts and the difference in quality is absolutely staggering.

2000 Watts is such a poor song along with several other on Invincible. I'm talking the quality of the song.
SIM and SC are on the same plate of quality. 2000 watts is a little bit worse, I agree

Privacy is a really bad song.
It's not even "really" bad. Maybe by MJ standards. But MJ literally changed the face of society (Not talking about his own) , MJ fans really just have to sit around complaining about a little bronze mixed in along with STERLING PLATINUM all the time.

We just bored.

throw out the ballads and add uptempo outtakes = best MJ album.

Im loving the Invincible threads btw. ;o

It's a record! But seriously, I don't understand why the mods don't merge them all! @Hiker?
They are look sort of slightly different, I don't know what to merge where :eek:o_O. If repeated posts happen, then I would start merging. Of course suggestions are welcome.

Invincible is better than any of its contemporaries, faults and all. It’s a substandard MJ album, but there’s more creativity, individuality, and expense at play here than on any other pop/R&B album of the early aughts. It would be any other artist’s magnum opus.

That said, I always thought the Jerkins hate was over exaggerated. His songs ranged from excellent (“Unbreakable,” “You Rock My World,” “Threatened”) to good (“Heartbreaker”) to decent (“Privacy,” “Invincible”), and I never agreed with the notion that they were too similar sounding. There’s a conversation to have about them quality wise, but they are totally distinct. If we’re talking songs that sound the same, I’d sooner look at songs on Dangerous or Off the Wall before any of the Rodney Jerkins songs.

Never liked Invincible and I havent played it in years.
All other albums after OTW I play often,in fact played them all in the last month.

All other albums after OTW I play often,in fact played them all in the last month.
If you only listened it to ages ago then you didn't "never liked it". You just didn't like it and won't see if that's still true.

Recently I started to discover, that lots of fans don't like Rodney Jerkins' songs on Invincible album. They consider his songs as weakest in Michael's discography. Well, there is only one Jerkins' song fans has accepted. That's You Rock My World. And you know, when I read this weird opinion, there appears only one question in my head: are you okay? I mean, Rodney Jerkins literally put direction for this album. All songs, best soaked by Invincible vibe made by Jerkins. Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, Invincible - main trinity, which shows us true sound nature of Invincible album. And these tracks made by Rodney. I watched an interview with Jerkins long time ago. And he revealed, how he and MJ had been creating Invincible album. Once they were in a studio, MJ said him, that he was tired of cliched music samples and that he wanted to create something new. So, he said Jerkins go to junk yard and find some garbage to create new sounds. Jerkins was struck. He had no choice, but go and do what MJ said him to do. Also, there was a story, when Jerkins accidentaly dropped a box with some kind of trash or rocks from stairs, and it was occasionally recorded in the studio. When MJ listened this sample, he said "Perfect". These is actually the reason, why we can hear some kind of rocks and diamonds on songs like Invincible and Threatened. While Teddy Riley have been creating something tender and pop, Rodney tried to make sometihng dancing and extraordinary. I like songs from both producers. I'm just trying to say, that if you don't like Jerkins's work on Invincible album, then you don't like most part of Invincible album. Because as I stated before, RJ created main vibe for Invincible album (with the help of Michael, of course);)
jerkins.jpg
I love Rodney and his work... My favourite album is Invincible;!!!! Also one of the best outtakes is Xscape original version...

I listen Invincible album everyday, during 2-3 hours. Last few weeks Heartbreaker is the song, that I start my day with. Sometimes I listen to this song during 30 minutes without pauses. When I'm starting to feel bored, I listen 2-3 songs from Dangerous, History or Thriller and then listen to Invincible album the whole month again

I could live without the Jerkins attempt at dance songs on the album but am intrigued to hear what else they recorded.

I don't dislike Jerkins one bit, Darkchild is a brilliant producer and a humble cool guy.

I'm not fond of some the Invincible tracks he produced but that's as much Mike's "fault" as it is his.

I truly believe Mike between mid 1999 to 2001 wasn't in the right frame of mind to work on an album or release one. If Mike had been as focused as he was in 1998, I think Darkchild would have refined his sound more under Michael's guidance, we'd have had more tracks of the standard of YRMW

Darkchild had a difficult job by the sounds of it, Mike was producing over the phone and not as available as he should have been for his own project

If you only listened it to ages ago then you didn't "never liked it". You just didn't like it and won't see if that's still true.
Never liked it and never will,thats how it is sometimes.
Same with anything Michael before 1979….like Jackson5.
Thriller,Bad,Dangerous,History,Complete Collection and a few more is the ones I play…over and over again,often with Best Of tracklist of the mentioned albums.

Never liked it and never will,thats how it is sometimes.
Same with anything Michael before 1979….like Jackson5.
Thriller,Bad,Dangerous,History,Complete Collection and a few more is the ones I play…over and over again,often with Best Of tracklist of the mentioned albums.
That's not been my experience with my musical taste. It changes and grows. Never likes are for, Macy's shopping music only really.

Yes, MJ was on his way to making another great album with tracks like She Was Loving Me, Blue Gangsta etc and then Rodney came along, ruining everything for everyone and creating MJ's worst album. This thread can now be closed and Invincible threads can be banned for a few months. Thanks.

Yes, MJ was on his way to making another great album with tracks like She Was Loving Me, Blue Gangsta etc and then Rodney came along, ruining everything for everyone and creating MJ's worst album. This thread can now be closed and Invincible threads can be banned for a few months. Thanks.
All non invincible threads can be banned? Don't be close minded? Do I have dyslexia?

I like Jerkins. Get Your Weight Off Of Me sounds better the more it is restored. Can't wait for the full version.

Back