the mass destruction of music sales

billyworld99

Proud Member
here are some people takes on the music industry

my opinion if your music is great fans will buys the album no matter what, but that's just me

And a very weak retaliation by the Industry:

The problem started when people felt conned after buying a CD/Cassette/Vinyl and finding out that the two songs in the chart are the only ones worth listening to on the whole album.

Even digital albums cost about £7.99 which is a bit expensive considering it is just a bit of computer data and the quality is not even as good as a CD so it won't sound as good on your Hi-Fi system (after you have burned it onto a CD-R).

Insiders complain about being unable to reduce prices because artists get a smaller share of the profit. But CD's cost nothing compared to the old days or even Vinyl and Cassette so production costs are lower to start off with. Then the big-labels need to be less greedy and give a bigger cut to the artists. There are bosses in these companies who earn more then their artists.

Nobody likes getting conned so people either:
1.) Acquire music illegally
Or
2.) Don't bother on getting any music at all and just listen to music on the Radio, TV or YouTube.

Bottom line is that the overall quality of music must improve and prices must fall. If music labels continue to be greedy, they'll find themselves out of business!!!!

my opinion if your music is great fans will buys the album no matter what, but that's just me
Well, this thread didn't age well - in about 10 years, we've seen the complete destruction of music sales in a way none of us believed could happen.

To be brief - people simply don't buy music any more. They just don't want to own it. Sales of CD, vinyl, cassette and even downloads have slumped to record lows.

I didn't predict that downloads would reduce to the equivalent of about 25 million albums per year, lol. I guess there's more money to be made by charging people $10 every month.

Oh well. If it's not available on CD I simply don't buy it. Their loss I guess.

Back