The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

Thriller 40 really came out in 2022 and it's 2024. Just kill me.
The 1 week of attention it got didn’t have any influence on Michael’s streaming numbers. None of its “new” songs made any impact.

He outcompetes one of the biggest bands of all time (The Stones) who just scored a highly acclaimed new album. We will all soon see the difference when Michael is front back and center with the film.

Or not 🫣

Can't think where to post this tweet from @MJJSpotify2015. I guess it fits over here.

"2 months ago a @YouTube video voted 100 Best Songs Of The 1990s. Michael Made the list more than once. For people who say he was only good in the 80s, this is for you.

Remember The Time
Scream
They Don't Care About Us"

Can't think where to post this tweet from @MJJSpotify2015. I guess it fits over here.

"2 months ago a @YouTube video voted 100 Best Songs Of The 1990s. Michael Made the list more than once. For people who say he was only good in the 80s, this is for you.

Remember The Time
Scream
They Don't Care About Us"

Surprised Black or White isnt on that list

With this updated certification, all of Michael's six solo adult albums have at least one song with a platinum certification in the UK. Pretty cool!

This is pretty cool yes. I think time has shown YRMW to be a hit. It's a song I still hear when out.

Here I am again with an all time voters list

Radiostation “Joe” held a countdown of the top 1000 greatest songs of the 1970s and here are Michael’s entries

Nr 575 She’s out of my life
348 Abc
340 Off the wall
308 Shake your body (down to the ground)
243 Rock with you
157 Blame it on the boogie
79 Don’t stop till you get enough
56 Ben

Edit: in case you are wondering where I want you back is, it was in a similar 60s list at nr 56!

Back