You have to make an account on a website with a foreign language. I don’t know if it is hard or not to make an account I have had an account for many years so I forgot how it works.
edit: if you really want to vote you have to click in the top corner on the right “ nog geen vrt profiel?” And then fill in username and password. After that you pick 5 albums and click the red button below. That should do it.
this is the link, you have only 2 days left to vote.
De tijdloze album 500 | Stem | Vrtmax
De Tijdloze Album Top 500 (translated, the timeless album top 500)
And at last the results of this massive poll are in. I was listening to the last stretch live on the radio and I got really nervous because it took ages and ages for thriller to surface. You see both Off the wall at nr 304 and Bad at nr 119 made the list so I was certain Thriller would follow! I knew it was not top 5 because the 5 most chosen albums were already revealed (only the order was still undecided) So I was listening reveal after reveal and at nr 9 were The Beatles (Sgt Pepper), the presenter said they had one more entry to come (and that was not in the top 5). This meant there were just 3 slots left for Thriller to come. Honestly the pessimist in me thought they possibly could have boycotted thriller but then finally I could let my nerves settle down as Thriller came in at a magnificent 7th place!
The presenters gave some positive comments about the album and played both WBSS and Thriller of the album. The only thing that irked me was that they of course needed to say that the success was also thanks to Quincy Jones. They are partly right, I don't deny that but with none of the other albums in the top 30 they also credited the producers.
Here are the final 30 albums as ranked by the Belgian public:
30. The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream
29. AC/DC - Back in Black
28. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
27. Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
26. Neil Young - Harvest
25. Simple Minds - New Gold Dreams
24. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
23. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
22. Pixies - Doolittle
21. The Cure - Disintigration
20. Queens of the Stone age - Songs for the Dead
19. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
18. Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
17. Pink Floyd - The Wall
16. Amy Winehouse - Back in Black
15. U2 - The Joshue Tree
14. Bruce Springsteen - The River
13. Arctic Monkeys - AM
12. Prince - Purple Rain
11. David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
10. The Beatles - Sgt Peppers Lonely Hard Club Band
9. Paul Simon - Graceland
8. Metallica - The Black Album
7. Michael Jackson - Thriller
6. The Beatles - Abbey Road
5. Radiohead - OK Computer
4. Nirvana - Nevermind
3. Pearl Jam - Ten
2. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
1. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
So you can see this is very rock oriented. The reason behind this is that the radio station that organized this competition is a very alternative radio station. I initially thought Thriller would not even make the top 100 but how wrong was I!
So in case you missed it in my wall of text (that's what I do when I'm excited):
Off the wall nr 304
Bad nr 119
Thriller nr 7
Also in case you're interested my top 5 was:
1. Michael Jackson - Thriller
2. Sun kil Moon - April (the singer is a Michael Jackson hater but I don't let that influence me)
3. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
4. Michael Jackson - Dangerous (sadly did not make the list)
5. Bathory - Twilight of the Gods
Just 2 of my picks made the top 500 list.