The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

Now that @Dani has sorted me out, just wanna flag up this bit of that tweet:

"With this, @sonymusic has certified 51.2M units of Thriller out of the 100M claimed sales ..."

Don't wanna start the debate on the true figure for Thriller sales. Just intrigued about how much more work Sony need to do on this. Or perhaps they don't. Maybe they are all up to date on this.

Last edited:
King Of Pop On Spotify
@MJJSpotify2015
·
15. Dez.

STREAMS UP! on YouTube Global 100 Artists Charts
#66. The #KingOfPop has passed #Beyonce, #NickiMinaj, #KatyPerry, #PostMalone, #Adele and more. #MichaelJackson

Michael Jackson Charts

@MJJCharts
·
12. Dez.

Michael Jackson's most streamed albums on Spotify:

#1 - Thriller [3,284,830,414]
#2 - Bad [2,016,636,045]
#3 - Off the Wall [958,946,768]
#4 - Dangerous [837,695,976]
#5 - XSCAPE [700,636,468]
#6 - HIStory [634,719,829]
#7 - Invincible [244,774,985]

Last edited:
Thriller is expected to stay inside the top 50 on next week's Billboard 200.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

For an album to receive no promotion and still chart inside top 50 for four weeks is very impressive. Many current artists can't manage that feat despite promotion.
It even get`s a little higher until last week

Thriller on 37 (last week 39)
Jackson 5 Christmas-album on 56 (last week 73)

Last edited:

Can't find this on musiccanada.com. Gah!

EDIT - OK, have tried to verify this. Checked out these three Twitter accounts. Got lost in a world of JUNO Awards followed by endless K-Pop followed by ... I don't even know. Lost the will to live. Gave up. Have to hope this is legit. Looks like it is.

My IT skills are truly crap, lol.

It's the only 3X Diamond album in Canada, meaning its the biggest selling album in the country.

Thriller is projected to sell 21K+ copies in the USA this week, a 23% increase over last week. Expect it to rise a couple positions on the Billboard 200 when data is released next week.

Michael Jackson Chart

UK Official Albums Chart Top 100:
#64 - Number Ones (+6) *peak: #1*
Wow! That’s quite the feat!
That`s great. On the other hand I find it disappointing that Thriller 40 did only chart in the UK in Top 20 and dropped out of the charts in the second week. Another country even more disappointing is France where Thriller 40 never charted and I think France loves Michael. That`s a curious thing while Thriller 40 starts in most other European countries in the Top Ten and is still doing well.

Back