The Michael Soundtrack Album - what should the Estate do?

I think price of fame would be perfect as the single from the soundtrack. It’s a fully complete and produced track, and they can also include a contemporized version with The Weeknd or who ever is popular next year
Michael doesn’t need help with anything. Just MJ is all we need. Not sure they need a soundtrack everything is already released.

I also heard from Colman Domingo (the actor who is playing Joe Jackson) that they had shot the victory tour. I would assume they would have some live audio from that tour on the soundtrack.
inb4 they use audio from the Toronto we all know already, not even a high quality version of it, probably the one leaked on the internet lmao

Michael doesn’t need help with anything. Just MJ is all we need. Not sure they need a soundtrack everything is already released.
The movie will 100% have a soundtrack as most Hollywood productions do, and especially for such a musically dominant movie. Plus you are literally in the thread specific to the soundtrack album.

The movie will 100% have a soundtrack as most Hollywood productions do, and especially for such a musically dominant movie. Plus you are literally in the thread specific to the soundtrack album.
I understand…I’m just saying…Unreleased music…we don’t need anymore greatest hits..My BAD I will stay out of this conversation.

I think price of fame would be perfect as the single from the soundtrack. It’s a fully complete and produced track, and they can also include a contemporized version with The Weeknd or who ever is popular next year
I definitely have a feeling they will include this song, especially since they used it in the musical. I hope this is also not the only unreleased song on the soundtrack.

inb4 they use audio from the Toronto we all know already, not even a high quality version of it, probably the one leaked on the internet lmao
I don’t think so, I’m pretty sure I heard someone is mixing it.

One more question. What are they going to call the soundtrack? They already have the great “Michael” album lol.

One more question. What are they going to call the soundtrack? They already have the great “Michael” album lol.
MICHAEL (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)?

btw. the deluxe edition of the Elvis soundtrack features unheard Austin Butler recordings
so be prepared for some Jaafar songs on the deluxe version of the Michael soundtrack.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll just re-release the "Michael" album and replace the Cascio tracks with "Billie Jean", "Beat It" and "Thriller". lol

MICHAEL (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)?

btw. the deluxe edition of the Elvis soundtrack features unheard Austin Butler recordings
so be prepared for some Jaafar songs on the deluxe version of the Michael soundtrack.
Well there might not be any, Bohemian Rhapsody didn’t. But it is very possible due to the fact he is not a bad singer and sounds like him

I'd just do another Xscape-type album. Follow that same formula. Release the same time of the movie.

I'd just do another Xscape-type album. Follow that same formula. Release the same time of the movie.

The problem with that is the album wont match the movie. You're almost definitely going to have some sort of greatest hits element to the soundtrack so we need to accept that. But the question is how can they expand upon that to make me want to pay for it?

It will probably be a greatest hits album with maybe some skits from the movie in between

The problem with that is the album wont match the movie. You're almost definitely going to have some sort of greatest hits element to the soundtrack so we need to accept that. But the question is how can they expand upon that to make me want to pay for it?
Agreed. If they are going for the largest ever box office for a biopic then the soundtrack has to appeal to first time listeners and old fans who maybe only own Number Ones, the This Is It soundtrack or the Essential Michael Jackson album. This is why I hope it’s a mixture of some straight forward singles and album mixes of classics as well as some reworked versions of songs that Michael signed off on, such as the “slow beginning” version of TWYMMF. Also some live songs. For example, a soundboard recording of the Super Bowl Performance which captures a lot of his songs in a similar way to the Live Aid performance on the Queen album and would present them in a “new” way to the general public.

I hope they do want they did for the Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack it has live performances and studio tracks, or even better the Marley documentary soundtrack which has studio tracks & unreleased live performances

I hope they do want they did for the Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack it has live performances and studio tracks, or even better the Marley documentary soundtrack which has studio tracks & unreleased live performances
Was the Bob Marley soundtrack successful sales wise?

Agreed. If they are going for the largest ever box office for a biopic then the soundtrack has to appeal to first time listeners and old fans who maybe only own Number Ones, the This Is It soundtrack or the Essential Michael Jackson album. This is why I hope it’s a mixture of some straight forward singles and album mixes of classics as well as some reworked versions of songs that Michael signed off on, such as the “slow beginning” version of TWYMMF. Also some live songs. For example, a soundboard recording of the Super Bowl Performance which captures a lot of his songs in a similar way to the Live Aid performance on the Queen album and would present them in a “new” way to the general public.
The superbowl performance was only a couple of tracks from the albums put into a playlist, the band wasn't playing on top of it and Michael wasn't singing live so the soundboard recording of it would sound pretty underwhelming I think.

The superbowl performance was only a couple of tracks from the albums put into a playlist, the band wasn't playing on top of it and Michael wasn't singing live so the soundboard recording of it would sound pretty underwhelming I think.
True about the sound and the fact it was a pre-record. But it’s a nice way of capturing some Dangerous songs; Jam (with a bit of Why You Want to Trip On Me), Black or White and Heal the World + Billie Jean and children singing We Are The World. It’s presenting familiar songs in a new way that Michael signed off on. I’m just thinking about things that could be done to make the album a worthwhile purchase for old fans and new. Personally, I wouldn’t like a cast recording of any songs. Unreleased songs would very welcome but not sure how they would tie in to the biopic, perhaps as a song played over the credits. Price of Fame is a lesser known song that certainly fits the bill.

I really hope there will be some unreleased songs on it…like Throwing Your Life Away.
Some of the remixes on Xscape was ok but many were bad…real bad but they also included the
original recordings so that was good.

That's just it. If it was an album consisting of only Jaafar recordings, then I'd consider it on its own merits, just like I did other covers albums like Racine or the recent musical.

But if the album doesn't know what it wants to be, then frankly, I couldn't give a shit.

But that would really confuse everybody...

The formula for a biopic is a greatest hits. Some of them are even named after the biggest hit from the artist (Queen, Tina, Whitney, Marley...)

I can understand you want new MJ material, but this is not the place for it. I would not buy 4 reworked MJ demos, with 12 songs of filler, they would be better off keeping those for an actual album of all new demos.

But the question is how can they expand upon that to make me want to pay for it?
They're not supposed to. Wouldn't you be upset if they made you buy Number Ones again, just because there were 3 new songs or some nonsense? Or worse still, each song has a 10-second spoken intro by some actor?

Again, they need to decide what project they're doing. It's EITHER a biopic celebrating MJ's life and achievements, OR it's an album of previously unreleased material.

There have been various types of soundtrack for biopics, such as straightforward Greatest Hits, cast recordings, updated versions of songs, live recordings, etc. My question is, what would you like the Estate to do for the Michael soundtrack? What songs would you like to see on it? What songs have to be on it? Should there be updated duets with current artists like The Weeknd? Should the songs be as Michael left them? What are your thoughts?
I definitely think the songs should be as Michael left them. I think that way the biopic will be more authentic and new artists like Taylor and the weekend singing just wouldn’t feel right to me but that’s just my opinion! :)

I really hope there will be some unreleased songs on it…like Throwing Your Life Away.
Some of the remixes on Xscape was ok but many were bad…real bad but they also included the
original recordings so that was good.
I'd include some guitars from Slash to make it a rock hit.

There will definitely be "remixes", that's just the nature of this thing. Creative ones hopefully, maybe more Immortal/One esque. That'd help circumvent any potential copyright disputes as well.

Track list we know so far:
Billie Jean
Man In The Mirror
Heartbreak Hotel (Live)
ABC
Bad
Thriller

Broke, Big Standard Reissue of MJ Singles, most of them incredibly popular already.

Woke, A few big MJ hits to propel streaming for those songs higher, a small collection of Unreleased songs & lesser known material from key albums and outtakes, And, a few original songs newly recorded by Jaafar Jackson to highlight his talent.

Broke, Big Standard Reissue of MJ Singles, most of them incredibly popular already.

Woke, A few big MJ hits to propel streaming for those songs higher, a small collection of Unreleased songs & lesser known material from key albums and outtakes, And, a few original songs newly recorded by Jaafar Jackson to highlight his talent.
What does broke and woke mean?

Back