The MJ Estate Has Updated the FAQ Page on the Official Website

What does probate means?
Basically Michael's assets (money, belongings, you name it) are legally under the ownership of John Branca and whomever else manages the Estate because, well, he is no longer with us. His will put his estate assets into the hands of trusted people like Branca.

basically michael's assets (money, belongings, you name it) are legally under the ownership of john branca and whomever else manages the estate because, well, he is no longer with us. His will put his estate assets into the hands of trusted people like branca.

lol!!

yeah. it may be best for the kids and family to take part of the estate. i understand that they had lives on their own but that's their family member. we don't want anyone to get it in the wrong hands. and this is Michael Jackson we'll taking about. the king of pop. one of the most famous person that ever lived.

what's funny the fact a guy that don't know nothing about michael who michael fired is running this estate. it's not even funny to be honest. it's kind of sad and kind of ruining his legacy in my opinion.

Basically Michael's assets (money, belongings, you name it) are legally under the ownership of John Branca and whomever else manages the Estate because, well, he is no longer with us. His will put his estate assets into the hands of trusted people like Branca.
Hell I thought they already did! Isn't he who the estate is? If not just who all does consistent of his estate?

I thought branca was the estate & everything already goes to him
Well Branca is the head of the Estate, if I am correct. Others also have their share of it, like John McClain and even Michael's mother, Katherine, though she only has a say in the financial department. I could be wrong though.

NatureCriminal7896;4305889 said:
what's funny the fact a guy that don't know nothing about michael who michael fired is running this estate. it's not even funny to be honest. it's kind of sad and kind of ruining his legacy in my opinion.

John Branca is not a guy who knows nothing about Michael Jackson, quite the contrary.

John Branca had a long-term relationship with him for about thirty years, not just on a professional but also on a personal level.

They met in 1980 (January), and since then they have worked together on his albums, tours, and also on other important projects.

Michael Jackson was also best man at John Branca's first wedding in 1987.

They of course had their ups and downs (like, the case when Michael Jackson fired him in 2003), but he later re-hired him for his ‘This Is It’ comeback because John Branca was a guy that Michael Jackson could trust.

Michael Jackson’s fans should consider themselves lucky that a guy like John Branca has been running the Estate (as a co-executor), given also that due to his legal experience as a lawyer, he can effectively handle all these different, negative issues that arise and affect the Estate.

they do horrible. that's all.

checkout the latest release of the prince estate. (i know he recorded much more stuff.)

but MJ also recorded loads of stuff, that should be released. no matter how finished it is.

I am music fan and MJJ collector. I recently bought the Prince Super Deluxe vinyl set of Sign 'o' the Times and it made me jealous of Prince collectors. As s set, nothing that the estate released comes even close. BAD 25 maybe. But it's not just the content.

For sure the Prince estate is in a luxury position since Michael wasn't half as productive as Prince (perfection before quantity) but it's more than that. It's the package, the artwork, the info and the accuracy of it, it's just a really well made time document in a beautiful box set. They hired the right people to be in charge of the content, info and artwork.

The MJJ estate could do the same thing. Of course they can't these release 30 plus unreleased tracks (which were all leaked already and in the hands of real fans) per release, but what they can do is release a complete time document per release, with a demo or two, a book, live shows and make it a 6 vinyl set instead of a 13 vinyl set. Put more effort in packaging and artwork and they will satisfy the real fans.

That just doesn't seem to be the goal of the MJJ estate. The goal is to stay relevant and reach a new, young crowd. The approach is different and for us fans, it's disappointing. And still, they could do both.

I mean, compare the This is it 10th anniversary box with the deluxe edition of Sign 'o' the Times. It's (still expensive) but half the price, 10 times the content, the info is better, the artwork is better, it's just... Way better.

the estate can do better but they don't want too. they can get ideas from other estates or they can do something totally different from the others estates because like they said Michael is special. not only that but michael was known treating his fans right. from concerts tours to merch. he knew to do it. but the estate seem not to care.

they won't hired long time fans etc. they wanna do it their way which is understandable, but they need to do better. they need to appeal everybody not just one age group because michael was for everybody.

from the things this estate release in the past 11 years it decent in my opinion. but they can do better and stop making things expensive. yes they need money but somethings doesn't need to be very expensive. that this is it box set was awful in my opinion the only thing was worth was the ticket and the box.

michael was know make his merch cheaper then the original price that everyone could buy because he knew his fans wasn't rich.

the estate are releasing some new collectibles figures. from looking at one they look pretty good. they also releasing some in affordable price. so i give them a good note for that. let's see what happens.

EpcU-4PWMAA4IMk

Back