The Rape of the World

I found some very interesting videos on YouTube. In 2003, just before the Rock AM Ring concert, John 5 announced to the band that he was going to quit. Manson reacted unfavorably to this and things got heated between him and John 5 which caused a band dynamic amongst all the band members. Manson also decided to get really drunk before the show and the rest of the band got angry at him because it would obviously effect his performance. They took their anger and frustration to the stage and it didn't effect their music in a good way to say the least. In the first video, Manson kicks John 5 and John 5 fires up at him. In the second video Manson tries to throw off John 5's timing by singing a lot faster than he was playing. He also punches his bassist, Tim Skold. Then he ends off leaving the stage around the middle of the song. It's interesting to watch anyway. It's not often a band lets their feuds with each other show through on stage or to the public in any way. This is what a band in the midst of a break up looks like...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p0FniBpzw5c

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FHZgClzis4s

Let me start off by apologizing for ressurecting an old thread but after reading this I had to. Manson is my idol, my favorite artist and my inspiration. But everything you said here is false. The fight had nothing to do with anything that you stated. All in all this show couldn't have went worse for Manson. His mics kept shutting off, His band kept messing up. Manson was in a terrible mood, yes, but J5 did play Sweet Dreams Too fast, which you can see MM tell him that to which 5 says no. Also, he never punched Skold, he swatted a cigarette out of his mouth, MM dislikes smokers, and with his attitude, it was apparent he was not too impressed with Skold smoking on his stage. I am pretty sure that after this show, Skold, nor any other member of MM for that matter smoked on stage again. The scuffle between 5 and MM is so blown out of porportion it is unfunny. 5 takes total blame for that fight. A few weeks prior and up to this show, 5 had some serious family issues, and he took them on stage with him that day. When MM brushed him with his boot, he flipped out. MM tells him to be professional and finish the show. Afterwards 5 apologized and that was that. 5 did not know at that point he was going to leave the band, he always was and still is a big MM fan, him and MM just decided that they did everything they could together musically and split. 5 also attended both nights of the Rape of The World L.A. shows, so 5 holds no grudges. And for proof of what I say, and a more detailed account of what happened straight from 5's mouth, read this:

http://www.john-5.com/faqs.html

Now on to the topic at hand, this was a fantastic tour in every way, especially because of the re-joining of MM and Twiggy, which was electric through-out the entire tour. The new album is going to be stellar, trust me. I was lucky enough to catch the Vancouver show in February, and it was the best MM show I have been to yet, I have been to 9, and am no where near done! I also got to meet Manson for the third time and had an amazing experience, look for me on the DVD coming out soon. I am the one with my entire upper body tattoo'd with Manson logo's and portraits. You ever wanna talk MM, give me a shout. And yes, MM is a fan of MJ's, he gave me a big hug for putting a MJ tatt on my leg, and told me how much he respected him.

Back