The reason why people should respect Invincible Album

Mark Shaw

2 Bad
I decided to highlight few songs from Invincible album, where Michael truly showed, that he still could make iconic things in music industry. Also these songs show us, that despite having awful promotion Invincible album was truly interesting project of Michael Joseph Jackson 😀

Unbreakable:
- first song in MJ discography, which is a tribute to his previous collaborator B.I.G, made in rap style and being an anti-tabloid song like Scream from History

Heartbreaker:
- first dubstep song, Michael have ever recorded!
-The fastest song Michael have ever recorded.
- Michael basically beatboxed the entire beat than added the sounds and all!

You Rock My World:
- culmination of all Michael's previous movie preferences.
- Brilliant music, it has fresh, bouncy, infectious tune that shows us The King of Pop still has it
-First appearance of Michael's Bones Walk

Speechless:
- the tenderest song, Michael have ever recorded.
- Truly best ballad about love, Michael have ever wrote before.
- Sounds like a sequel to You Are Not Alone.
- Michael named himself this song as one of his favorite.

2000 Watts:
-experiment, Michael planned to give to his fans.
-first Michael's song with futuristic feel, achieved by Teddy Riley' electronic-influenced production and use modern synthesizers
-Despited being artificially low pitched, the only vocals of Michael, that showcases the large vocal range Michael had

Whatever Happens:
- one of the best love ballads, Michael have ever recorded.
- contains guitar part of Legendary Carlos Santana
- despite using modern music, Michael managed to make this song in very attracting western style

Threatened
:
- one of the few songs, where Michael perfectly uses samples from old fashioned movies
- the song is kinda tribute to Michael's iconic Thriller song
- Michael planned to use this song in his last TII tour, as part of Thriller performance

Yes, I agree that the rest of song, like Break of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, Don't Walk Away, Butterflies, are typical R&B songs, that has no uniqueness in their sounding. But the songs, I mentioned above are pretty interesting. Because they bring into the music industry something new and spectacular. These songs show us that during Invincible album Michael still could invent something iconic and atypical. So please remember that. ☝️😃👍

Unbreakable is such a good album opener, it's also interesting that it samples 'Unbelievable' of Biggies first album.

wondering if it was Rodney's idea or Michael's.
Unbreakable needs to be a single after the trial.

I think a lot of Michael fans want Invincible to be good and they hope to will it into being. But it just isn't anywhere on the same level as the 5 other major albums he released. The guy was overly medicated and completely out of touch in the Invincible era and its reflected in the directionless album and the fact he handed most of the work on it to everyone else. I think he was capable of another great album in his lifetime but Invincible wasn't it. The best of the album is "nice" and the worst of it is borderline monotonous.

I think a lot of Michael fans want Invincible to be good and they hope to will it into being. But it just isn't anywhere on the same level as the 5 other major albums he released. The guy was overly medicated and completely out of touch in the Invincible era and its reflected in the directionless album and the fact he handed most of the work on it to everyone else. I think he was capable of another great album in his lifetime but Invincible wasn't it. The best of the album is "nice" and the worst of it is borderline monotonous.
No no no. Michael was at peak productivity around this time. Just like during Bad. He wrote so many brilliant songs. Most of them were unreleased. But Sony ruined everything....

I decided to highlight few songs from Invincible album, where Michael truly showed, that he still could make iconic things in music industry. Also these songs show us, that despite having awful promotion Invincible album was truly interesting project of Michael Joseph Jackson 😀

Unbreakable:
- first song in MJ discography, which is a tribute to his previous collaborator B.I.G, made in rap style and being an anti-tabloid song like Scream from History

Heartbreaker:
- first dubstep song, Michael have ever recorded!
-The fastest song Michael have ever recorded.
- Michael basically beatboxed the entire beat than added the sounds and all!

You Rock My World:
- culmination of all Michael's previous movie preferences.
- Brilliant music, it has fresh, bouncy, infectious tune that shows us The King of Pop still has it
-First appearance of Michael's Bones Walk

Speechless:
- the tenderest song, Michael have ever recorded.
- Truly best ballad about love, Michael have ever wrote before.
- Sounds like a sequel to You Are Not Alone.
- Michael named himself this song as one of his favorite.

2000 Watts:
-experiment, Michael planned to give to his fans.
-first Michael's song with futuristic feel, achieved by Teddy Riley' electronic-influenced production and use modern synthesizers
-Despited being artificially low pitched, the only vocals of Michael, that showcases the large vocal range Michael had

Whatever Happens:
- one of the best love ballads, Michael have ever recorded.
- contains guitar part of Legendary Carlos Santana
- despite using modern music, Michael managed to make this song in very attracting western style

Threatened
:
- one of the few songs, where Michael perfectly uses samples from old fashioned movies
- the song is kinda tribute to Michael's iconic Thriller song
- Michael planned to use this song in his last TII tour, as part of Thriller performance

Yes, I agree that the rest of song, like Break of Dawn, Heaven Can Wait, Don't Walk Away, Butterflies, are typical R&B songs, that has no uniqueness in their sounding. But the songs, I mentioned above are pretty interesting. Because they bring into the music industry something new and spectacular. These songs show us that during Invincible album Michael still could invent something iconic and atypical. So please remember that. ☝️😃👍
I want to attach quote of my good friend @Hot_Street because it perfectly express the gem of my favorite Heartbreaker song ☝️ Thank You @Hot_Street "Unbreakable and Heartbreaker are kick-ass! Invincible is ok, but after Heartbreaker it's anticlimatic, because it has a slower rhythm.
Heartbreaker is the perfect climax to Unbreakable. Like TDCAU to Scream.
Heartbreaker was also visionary and innovative: 31:05
"

@Hiker can you please delete this toxic message please 🥺🙏 I don't want people like him to pollute this beautiful site. I don't understand, what is he talking about, I'm newbie here, bug he already abused me
What is wrong with you? Seriously?

@Gaz @Hiker. C’mon guys, every time someone brings him up, we get in trouble. Can you guys not see this?

Can a Moderator simply create one thread named "Invincible" and merge all of the various Threads?

Would make so much sense.. even for the other albums;)

sorry, what's the problem?
there are thousands of "what unreleased songs are in the vault" threads aswell.

a forum is here for discussion... i dont want it to die tbh.

ontopic:
I always wondered on 2000 Watts at 3:00min:
Michael sings "c'mon c'mon c'mon".
Why doesnt he sing "shamone shamone shamone"? isn't that the same?

Last edited:

ontopic:
There's only one unreleased vault songs thread that matters though. There's millions of Invincible ones that don't. And it would get annoying if it was HIStory or Bad either. Why don't we talk about Off The Wall more, Workin' Day and Night for example is a stupendous song

And again, MJ didn't use any signature sounds on Invincible to be "hip". None of his hee-hees, shamones, or literally anything straight from the 80s. To be honest, he only did that in Bad anyway, i wanna say it didn't catch on.

There's only one unreleased vault songs thread that matters though. There's millions of Invincible ones that don't. And it would get annoying if it was HIStory or Bad either. Why don't we talk about Off The Wall more, Workin' Day and Night for example is a stupendous song

And again, MJ didn't use any signature sounds on Invincible to be "hip". None of his hee-hees, shamones, or literally anything straight from the 80s. To be honest, he only did that in Bad anyway, i wanna say it didn't catch on.

Sony instructed him to cut all that out. I think the idea was that it was now dated and somewhat spoofed by too many comedians. He also was instrcuted to do away with the military regalia and try to look like a more "normal" person, which i think was to his detriment. He's MICHAEL JACKSON. Let Michael Jackson be Michael Jackson. The Invincible album felt like a Babyface or Usher album.

And it's time to let Invincible die. it wasn't that good at all. Certainly it doesn't deserve continued musings 20 years later. It was a flop record (by his standards) and very little of relevance came from the album. I think he was capable of doing something artistically interesting still but Invincible wasn't it.

Sony instructed him to cut all that out. I think the idea was that it was now dated and somewhat spoofed by too many comedians. He also was instrcuted to do away with the military regalia and try to look like a more "normal" person, which i think was to his detriment. He's MICHAEL JACKSON. Let Michael Jackson be Michael Jackson. The Invincible album felt like a Babyface or Usher album.

And it's time to let Invincible die. it wasn't that good at all. Certainly it doesn't deserve continued musings 20 years later. It was a flop record (by his standards) and very little of relevance came from the album. I think he was capable of doing something artistically interesting still but Invincible wasn't it.
You are free not to like it. I disagree.

Anyway, Michael Jackson liked changing his style up. He didn't wanna do the same thing forever.

ontopic:
Yes yes yes. We have to discuss Invincible album 🙂

ontopic:
Michael broke his own rules 😂

Sony ruined everything 😡

Back