The Soul thread

The Temptations / Hum Along And Dance Take A Stroll Through Your Mind

12m 31s

@Agonum - I'm posting this one over here for maximum appreciation. Thanks so much for posting it. I haven't heard this in a million years. This just made my day!

Stax Volt Tour - 1967 - Otis Redding, Booker T & the MG's

Best part for me is Sam & Dave at 7m 18s - 17m 40s.

Jackson 5 performing It's Your Thing at the Miss Black America beauty pageant, 1969

4m 22s

My Thom Bell Urban Smooth show will be on this Saturday night 07:00PM GMT Dublin South FM 93.9 - Lots of Philly Classics from the Delfonics, The Spinners, The Stylistics, and many more and the Jackson 5 will be on there too - Ready or Not :)

Last edited:
My Thom Bell Urban Smooth show will be on this Saturday night 07:00PM GMT Dublin South FM 93.9 - Lots of Philly Classics from the Delfonics, The Spinners, The Stylistics, and many more and the Jackson 5 will be on there too - Ready or Not :)
That Thom Bell tribute you did was lovely. And I got a new Dusty song out of it! I've never heard that one before. Loved it.

That Thom Bell tribute you did was lovely. And I got a new Dusty song out of it! I've never heard that one before. Loved it.
Thanks @zinniabooklover. It's one of my favourites, After Memphis Dusty went to Philly. I initially recorded the show last Tuesday night and i was so tired I accidently wiped the whole thing by accident :( was a bit of a rush job starting it all over again from scratch, but it got done :)

Thanks @zinniabooklover. It's one of my favourites, After Memphis Dusty went to Philly.
omigosh! I didn't know that. Or, if I did, I've forgotten. Interesting ...

I initially recorded the show last Tuesday night and i was so tired I accidently wiped the whole thing by accident :(
oh no!!! You poor thing! :(

was a bit of a rush job starting it all over again from scratch, but it got done :)
Well, I couldn't tell so, there you go! All good. :)

omigosh! I didn't know that. Or, if I did, I've forgotten. Interesting ...

oh no!!! You poor thing! :(

Well, I couldn't tell so, there you go! All good. :)
She did A Brand New Me Album with Gamble & Huff...then she went to LA and didn't come back for over 15 years. Ah not to worry on to the next one - this week it's the 150th Show.

I watched My Name is Dolemite (2019) yesterday. Enjoyed it! Eddie Murphy and Wesley Snipes will never let me down, it seems. The soundtrack is really good, featuring among many others Sly and the Family Stone, Kool & The Gang, Commodores, and Marvin Gaye.

I watched My Name is Dolemite (2019) yesterday. Enjoyed it! Eddie Murphy and Wesley Snipes will never let me down, it seems. The soundtrack is really good, featuring among many others Sly and the Family Stone, Kool & The Gang, Commodores, and Marvin Gaye.
oh, Marvin! Just been listening to Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler). :(

The Show Stoppers / Ain't Nothing But A House Party

2m 42s

Last edited:
In the real Dolemite movie, there's a band in it called Revelation Funk. James Ingram was the keyboard player. This was several years before he got with Quincy Jones. James also played keyboards & sang backgrounds on the Carl Carlton hit She's A Bad Mama Jama. James' brother Philip was in the band Switch who was discovered by Jermaine Jackson and he also brought DeBarge to Motown. There's a couple of DeBarge brothers in Switch, that's how Jermaine knew about the other siblings. Philip Ingram sings background on a track from Janet Jackson's 1982 debut album called The Magic Is Working. Howard Hewitt from Shalamar is on several songs. Members of The Sylvers wrote & produced a few songs on Janet's album too.

Burt Bacharach has died, aged 94.

'I Say A Little Prayer' was written by Burt with Hal David providing the lyrics. Originally recorded by Dionne Warwick, Aretha Franklin did this cover version.

3m 38s

The Gap Band (featuring Stevie Wonder) / Someday

4m 38s

Back