The 'Those EYES' Thread

mjgorgeouseyes2.jpg

🥰🥰🥰
Mm, this qualifies for 'Those Eyes' and 'Rare Pics' - especially as the rare ones usually aren't rare, lol.

This is lovely. And, see, this is one that *does* make me feel protective. It's that awful tension between finding him to be ridiculously beautiful and mesmerising to look at but, also, so very endearing and almost vulnerable. It's not that, irl, I would be able to help or protect Michael. I'm not deluded. But, somehow, when I see certain images of him I just feel so protective. And emotional. But helpless, as well. Weird mixture.

I'm guessing RTT era? Since that was dominating the conversation a while back.

Beautiful. ❤️

Mm, this qualifies for 'Those Eyes' and 'Rare Pics' - especially as the rare ones usually aren't rare, lol.

This is lovely. And, see, this is one that *does* make me feel protective. It's that awful tension between finding him to be ridiculously beautiful and mesmerising to look at but, also, so very endearing and almost vulnerable. It's not that, irl, I would be able to help or protect Michael. I'm not deluded. But, somehow, when I see certain images of him I just feel so protective. And emotional. But helpless, as well. Weird mixture.

I'm guessing RTT era? Since that was dominating the conversation a while back.

Beautiful. ❤️
It absolutely does, this one exactly does make us feel protective, absolutely beautiful indeed ❤️

Yes ma'am it sure is! 🥰

This is lovely. Soulful eyes.

Ugh I know. His eyes are just something else entirely. I stumbled upon a few other pictures during my daily Twitter exploration of Michael content and wanted to share them as well…

His eyes just slay me. Yesterday, it was his smile. Today it’s his eyes. Wow. There are so many beautiful people with beautiful eyes, but I’ve found in life that I don’t get that feeling from everyone. Lots of people I don’t really see much when I look in their eyes. But there are a select few I have met and seen whose eyes translate something to me. That make me feel like I’m actually looking directly into their heart. Even though I never met him, Michael is definitely one of those people whose eyes tell a story, even if I don’t know always know how to read it.

X9qWE7y.jpg

Michael and his costumes never does it for me. But his eyes in this photo ... I can't resist. Apart from the beauty of his eyes, even just the shape of them, omg. Perfectly shown here as the photo is taken from the perfect angle.

Just 🥰 ❤️ 💝

Last edited:
not to mention, not many people can do that wearing yellow jacket and bowtie 🥰
FOR REAL!! I feel that way about a good chunk of his clothing. It’s sexy and stylish because he makes it that way. On the average person I’d think nothing.

I was thinking about this yesterday while at the park. All these random people and none of them look like Michael lol. What j mean by that is he was just excessively attractive. And I was trying to hone in on why, like what sets him so far apart from every other person lol and so I was imagining his appearance through every stage of his life. Childhood foreword. And I realized (to no shock or surprise to anyone) that it really is truly because of his eyes and his smile. Both were positively magical. Like, not just because they were objectively perfect, but because there is a light in both of them that just doesn’t feel like something you ever see in other people. Sometimes he looks like he is glowing and it’s coming from his eyes and smile. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Last edited:
FOR REAL!! I feel that way about a good chunk of his clothing. It’s sexy and stylish because he makes it that way. On the average person I’d think nothing.

I was thinking about this yesterday while at the park. All these random people and none of them look like Michael lol. What j mean by that is he was just excessively attractive. And I was trying to hone in on why, like what sets him so far apart from every other person lol and so I was imagining his appearance through every stage of his life. Childhood foreword. And I realized (to no shock or surprise to anyone) that it really is truly because of his eyes and his smile. Both were positively magical. Like, not just because they were objectively perfect, but because there is a light in both of them that just doesn’t feel like something you ever see in other people. Sometimes he looks like he is flowing and it’s coming from his eyes and smile. I’ve never seen anything like it.
haa haa, I do the same sometimes, trying to figure out what is it about Michael that I find his long hair, make up and whole persona so sexy. Its probably impossible to isolate the what or why. Its his whole charisma, the image he built and his personality which can be best described as magnetic.

haa haa, I do the same sometimes, trying to figure out what is it about Michael that I find his long hair, make up and whole persona so sexy. Its probably impossible to isolate the what or why. Its his whole charisma, the image he built and his personality which can be best described as magnetic.
Totally agree! Michael has opened my mind a lot. I was never into longer hair or makeup on men EVER. I’m still not “into” it now, but on Michael? oh yes! I was never even into curly hair before him, if you can believe that! I was basically indifferent to it. Now I can’t even fathom a world in which I am indifferent to curls lol. I’m still not always 100% about the makeup (even if I think he looks great). But sometimes I totally love it and find it so sexy.

I think you’re right. His personality is magnetic and charisma is just… godly. So I think the draw to him will always be that beyond any physical attribute. But man, the physical attributes are spectacular!

I’m still not always 100% about the makeup (even if I think he looks great). But sometimes I totally love it and find it so sexy.
haa haa, same here. Sometimes during HIStory you can see him going low on eye makeup and lipstick. And its like, hmm, that's interesting, why did he not do that often. And sometimes he is all made up with thick eye liner and it stops me for a minute.

history5.jpg

haa haa, same here. Sometimes during HIStory you can see him going low on eye makeup and lipstick. And its like, hmm, that's interesting, why did he not do that often. And sometimes he is all made up with thick eye liner and it stops me for a minute.

history5.jpg
I totally agree! I think in general I do prefer his less made up looks, because the natural beauty of his eyes and sexiness of his mouth can be a little overtaken. Again, he looks great and wears all of it well. But for my preferences I tend to like a little less. I will say though, I think the lipstick throws me more than the eye makeup, whenever it does throw me.

If nothing else though, I just love the variety of looks he served. He pulled all of them off well and looked fabulous.

Like, not just because they were objectively perfect, but because there is a light in both of them that just doesn’t feel like something you ever see in other people. Sometimes he looks like he is glowing and it’s coming from his eyes and smile.
🥰

I’ve never seen anything like it.
Brisbane 1987.

This quote from Harrison Funk is probably quite similar to the David Nordahl quote I posted but it's so lovely I couldn't resist:

“Michael had the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever photographed. They were large. They were expressive. They were deep. I don't mean that physically. It was a picture into his soul. I think Michael, he knew in every picture what he wanted to convey. Even when he was completely natural he could convey a message to the camera." -Harrison Funk

This quote from Harrison Funk is probably quite similar to the David Nordahl quote I posted but it's so lovely I couldn't resist:

“Michael had the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever photographed. They were large. They were expressive. They were deep. I don't mean that physically. It was a picture into his soul. I think Michael, he knew in every picture what he wanted to convey. Even when he was completely natural he could convey a message to the camera." -Harrison Funk

I love this quote! It says so much coming from a photographer too. I feel like what he’s describing here in some sense is Michael’s way of conveying vulnerability. It’s something I marvel at in Michael all the time. I feel like Michael was probably the kind of person who could turn a switch on and off when it came to letting people peer into his soul like this. I can’t imagine his eyes ever looking empty, but I bet he was capable of conveying that. Though, idk because he wore sunglasses a lot for that that self protection and privacy, so maybe he wasn’t? He’s such an enigma lol

Where did you post the David Nordahl quote? I want to read it!

I love this quote! It says so much coming from a photographer too. I feel like what he’s describing here in some sense is Michael’s way of conveying vulnerability. It’s something I marvel at in Michael all the time. I feel like Michael was probably the kind of person who could turn a switch on and off when it came to letting people peer into his soul like this. I can’t imagine his eyes ever looking empty, but I bet he was capable of conveying that. Though, idk because he wore sunglasses a lot for that that self protection and privacy, so maybe he wasn’t? He’s such an enigma lol

Where did you post the David Nordahl quote? I want to read it!
Here you go:

"He never did really understand that he had that inner light.
Sitting and talking to Michael I would look into his eyes and I could see for 1,000 miles. He had these most incredible eyes. They come off good on film, but nothing like in person. When you’re actually sitting across there looking at him. Those eyes were unbelievable. There were times it would just stop me in my tracks and there were times I’d be around him where I’d kind of forget who he was and then it would dawn on me….’I’m sitting here next to Michael Jackson.’ I never really got over that."

David Nordahl

Here you go:

"He never did really understand that he had that inner light.

This is something I think about all the time. Did Michael really not understand or see how special he was? He comes across as so incredibly authentic and yet, at the same time, he is the ultimate performer, which can feel like a contradiction.

I wish I could understand Michael. I spend too much time psycho analyzing everyone in the world and Michael really doesn’t deserve to have people continue doing it to him, but it’s impossible not to. I so badly want to know him.

Sitting and talking to Michael I would look into his eyes and I could see for 1,000 miles. He had these most incredible eyes. They come off good on film, but nothing like in person. When you’re actually sitting across there looking at him. Those eyes were unbelievable.
I love this whole part so much. I’ve heard so many people describe his eyes in a similar way. His eyes seem to really take people aback. His eyes are almost painfully pure. I mean, they are more than that. They are a million different things at once.

There were times it would just stop me in my tracks and there were times I’d be around him where I’d kind of forget who he was and then it would dawn on me….’I’m sitting here next to Michael Jackson.’ I never really got over that."

David Nordahl

I love this and you know how I always talk about fainting in his presence lol. But I really want to believe I wouldn’t be overwhelmed by him, but would just treat him like a person. It really does make me sad for him that so many people, often by holding him in high regard, really couldn’t get past his identity.

I swear sometimes I just want to cradle him.

Back