The Thriller Era

Y12P598k.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe the dangerous one is easier to pull off, it might stay taped longer

adorbmjbkwh.jpg
Mm, see, I reckon Dangerous era curls are like, PhD level. Bad era is the Masters level and Dangerous is PhD. Either way, Dangerous is def advanced level. I was trying to be kind to f&m and suggest an 'entry' level approach.

Beautiful photo. Just ... mmm!

Last edited:
Oops sorry, posted dangerous photo in thriller thread, I thought this was the curls thread! 🤪 But just look at that smile, that face! It would be wronger to delete it now 🤭
It would def be wronger - :ROFLMAO: - to delete that beautiful photo but I'm glad it's not just me that sometimes gets my threads in a muddle. Of course, all of this is going to kill sw23. But we're trying to help f&m. It's all in a good cause, lol.

Look I did MJ moves in bars and clubs and I perform them to perfection :sneaky: it didn't have any effect, why would the hair be different? ;)
Also I might be deluded regarding my first sentence.

I think I will keep my own natural charm and blow people away with that, says I with a very straight face and total conviction.

Look I did MJ moves in bars and clubs and I perform them to perfection :sneaky: it didn't have any effect, why would the hair be different? ;)
Also I might be deluded regarding my first sentence.

I think I will keep my own natural charm and blow people away with that, says I with a very straight face and total conviction.
I think you're blowing them away too hard perhaps. 😜🤣

He is just sooooo beautiful :love::love:.
He really is. And that other one I posted, just above this one. Oh, his eyes!

This is what we need to counter all the negativity around Thriller 40!
This is what I'm aiming for. Can't take any more of it. Feeling disgruntled, disheartened and fed-up.

BUT ... there are always lovely photos of Michael to look at, gotta be happy about that.

That tweet I re-posted about the 1984 Grammy's ... the info seems to have come from Wiki so can only hope it's accurate. Here's that paragraph in full ...

"The 26th Grammy Awards had the highest ratings in the awarding body's history with 51.67 million viewers, a record unmatched as of 2022, and is the third most watched live awards show in U.S. television history (after the 1983 and 1998 editions of the Academy Awards) ... "

He is just sooooo beautiful :love::love:.
GOD isn't he??!?! 😍

This is what we need to counter all the negativity around Thriller 40!
This is what I'm aiming for. Can't take any more of it. Feeling disgruntled, disheartened and fed-up.
I have been totally out of commission since Saturday when I came down with a pretty significant illness. But I'm crawling out of my hole (bed) today and finally checking back in. I don't know what specifically you two are referring to (though I could probably guess) but for what it's worth, I am still very excited about Thriller 40! It's unfortunate because it really ought to be a unifying moment for the community, but it doesn't seem to be, does it?

BUT ... there are always lovely photos of Michael to look at, gotta be happy about that.
always so so happy about this... Michael always delivers :)

That tweet I re-posted about the 1984 Grammy's ... the info seems to have come from Wiki so can only hope it's accurate. Here's that paragraph in full ...

"The 26th Grammy Awards had the highest ratings in the awarding body's history with 51.67 million viewers, a record unmatched as of 2022, and is the third most watched live awards show in U.S. television history (after the 1983 and 1998 editions of the Academy Awards) ... "
I haven't fact checked this, but I've heard this before too and I loooove it. And am not at all surprised by it, either. It's no joke that every time Michael appeared anywhere the ratings skyrocketed :)

To be honest, whenever people are being negative all the time, I try to not let it affect me but I always fail. This is a general thing and isn't new. But it is admittedly part of why I haven't been paying super close attention to Thriller 40. Not because I don't care, but because I simply have an anxious mind.

Although, to mention a positive thing: Seeing Thriller-era Michael in full HD... ooh, what an absolute treat for the eyes! 😍🥰

came across this today. never seen it before. safe to say it’s from ‘83..

Back