The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

OMG I LITERALLY FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS UNTIL NOW.....

anyways, my mom and i went shopping in our local record store today, and You Rock My World played in the store!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY FORGOT-

also Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' came on in the car TO the record store!

things have been very difficult for me lately but hearing michael in public makes even the saddest day better! ❤️ ❤️

this isn’t radio, but ‘beat it’ was just shown on a repeat of ‘top of the pops’ from April ‘83 on bbc four. I was so proud 💜 it was as if I was seeing it for the first time. the video wasn’t in stereo, and they skipped over the knife fight. he was a brand new entry at no 30. ‘billie jean’ was also in the chart (on the way down after being no 1) at no 20. what a time 🤩

Dang it! Walked right into that one, didn't I?

OK ...

"You know our love couldn't last forever
Persuade your way, but you ain't clever
I close the door and I say never"
“Dont you know
These dreams I wish could be
The real you and me
I come running back to you
You push me away
You push, you push me away”

🥹

Why do people fall in love when they're always breaking up, oh Why?
It starts out like this,

'I could see the future, hoping for distant promises', but you get this ...

'People keep sayin' things are gonna change
But they look just like, they're stayin' the same'

and you end up here, 'Welcome to Heartbreak Hotel'

:eek:

It’s beautiful to watch love begin
But, oh, so sad when it ends
As you go through life, remember this rule
Everybody’s somebody’s fool

Not the Radio, but on Instagram:

Just saw a friend sharing what she's been listening to: Off The Wall on Vinyl, the whole album.

My other friend showed one of her friends You Rock My World, the music video. Called it her favorite. Really fascinating since I've never talked about him with either one of them, but it's nice bouts of appreciation.

On Friday I was in a department store. Breakfast at Tiffany's was playing over the store radio system, but somewhere in the distance I heard Michael's voice. Like a sailor in a trance from a siren's song, I found myself following his voice all through the store to find the source. Finally I found a bluetooth speaker on display and it was blasting "The Way You Make Me Feel" and it made my entire life.

Back