The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

c2e63d6e74f3143d01fa2a46fa5d829096f23ab5.jpg

In 2014 I was a kid (I'm 18 now) and Love Never Felt So Good was playing on the radios frequently here in Brazil.

I have two memories! The first is in the library of my school, which in the early afternoon was not very busy, so the librarian Edson always played video clips on one of the computers for the students to watch. One day he played the video clip of LNFSG and that was the first time I listen the song, my eyes shone and I was hypnotized, my happiness was immeasurable!

The second memory is of me listening to LNFSG in the car with my parents. When it played on the radio, everyone was silent and enjoyed the music. I miss that time when Xscape was released and my parents got along well.

Baby be mine was played last month on the 3rd most popular radio station I just noticed.
This marks the first time this song was ever played on the radio since I started following playlists years ago.
Curiously I also heard the song being played on the background on a tv show. Coincidences are so weird.

Just noticed that Trevor Nelson played LIML on Wed on his BBC Radio 2 Rhythm Nation programme. Haven't done the catch-up yet but am assuming it's just the standard album version.

Just noticed that Trevor Nelson played LIML on Wed on his BBC Radio 2 Rhythm Nation programme. Haven't done the catch-up yet but am assuming it's just the standard album version.
What is LIML?

Edit: My brain eventually warmed up. Lady in my life! 😂

I expect a lot of MJ the coming weeks. The radio station I listen to regularly has a top 1000 of the 80s countdown starting tomorrow. I will update the chart thread about it when the results are in.

Smooth Criminal Extended mix will be on tomorrow's Urban Smooth. So will The Jackson 5 I Am Love (Full length).

In the car right now, listening to "You Rock My World" on Sirius XM Heart & Soul.
Sitting in the restaurant. Just heard Billie Jean. It sounds great that way. They've been playing a lotta 80s rock though, thought it'd be Beat It. Interesting crossappeal.

Last edited:
I was running the mile at school and my teacher knew I love MJ so she play Beat It and I screamed half the way then I somehow finished the mile before the song was over. Guess Michael has powers to make you run faster (my mile time was 8 mins and 57 secs)

Back