Thriller 40 Disc 2 - POSITIVE ONLY Thread

Do you think we will get Invincible 25?
No because the Estate refuses to acknowledge MJ's career past the 80's lmao.

But man, I would absolutely LOVE for that to happen, imagine how disc 2 would be like. We've Had Enough could be on the album and the song would be more recognized. Although Monster has only one line recorded it's said that the song has a killer production so it could come out on this album, REALLY want to hear this one. A Rodney Jerkins song that we never heard of. One outtake from the Teddy Riley sessions. The Gloved One/Ekam Satyam/Get Your Weight Off Of Me. God, it would be amazing.

No because the Estate refuses to acknowledge MJ's career past the 80's lmao.

But man, I would absolutely LOVE for that to happen, imagine how disc 2 would be like. We've Had Enough could be on the album and the song would be more recognized. Although Monster has only one line recorded it's said that the song has a killer production so it could come out on this album, REALLY want to hear this one. A Rodney Jerkins song that we never heard of. One outtake from the Teddy Riley sessions. The Gloved One/Ekam Satyam/Get Your Weight Off Of Me. God, it would be amazing.
Shout.

I want Shout on it.

I need it!

I can dream... 😔

I still think a box set a lá The Ultimate Collection would be the best way to go about it. Use demos of album tracks alongside songs that wouldn’t otherwise be used on albums. Best of both worlds.
We need it back on streaming services! I didn't realize how much I missed until I found out it even existed in the first place (I'm a relatively new fan and my deep investment is even newer, so I wasn't originally aware).

Honestly, The Toy is better...Yeah , It's a demo but for me it is complete. Feels right now. That track feels complete now.
Love this thread @staywild23 ! Thank you for this.
Long Reign Thriller40 !

I find the Toy way better too, that sound more authentic and how the song should have been, the fact it was for the soundtrack give imo to the title some beautiful aspect to the song.

I'm impressed about how diverses are these demo, there are funk, some ballads, blues/mix country, that very complete, some are closes to the sound of Thriller, some other completly differents in the good sense, that really complete the album with new titles imo, I listen the album with these demo without that sound weird, or just like a bonus, but that sound like that really part of the album, Michael was really a genius.

Just swinging by to say once more that “Who Do You Know” is phenomenal. If I walk away from T40 with anything, it’s that.
I'm so happy we've heard it. I'm glad they added it to Thriller 40 because it's the best thing on it.
I'm shocked it wasn't saved for an album. Perhaps that gives us hope the vault isn't as empty as we thought?

I might be one of the few - but I am totally satisfied with T40. I think disc 2 is great. The only song that is odd is CGOOTR. But still it does not ruin anything for me... I just skip it.

Starlight is so nice to have in my iTunes. I really like it and it's fun to see/hear how Thriller started.
The Toy is a great look into the machineroom. The early stages, the creativity. I enjoy getting these glimpses. Like rehearsal footage of the tours/concerts. Magic in the making. Clearly the song is not finished. But the idea is there and the melody is great.
Who Do You Know - Like almost everyone I am totally in love with this song. Such a beautiful song. Even though it's clearly not finished it's gorgeous. Best song from T40 hands downs. I am so happy we got it - but I also feel it deserved a proper release. So I hop for the next Michael/Xscape like album they will update it a bit and make it up to a finished version. If done right it could be a timeless ballad.
Behind The Mask - like The Toy it's a glimpse into the machineroom. The funky 80's feel. It's an early demo with no finished lyrics. Still it has potential. So sad MJ never finished it. Would have been a great different MJ song.
What A Lovely Way To Go - I know lyrics makes no sense, and it's clearly a very early demo. But it really is loose and great. - Like some have mentioned it's like MJ drunk, late night, most guest have gone home. Now MJ and some of the last standing guests are gathering around the piano jamming. I really dig it. The melody is sweet and it's totally different. It's more Elton John/Beatles sing along piano tunes than classic MJ, but that's exactly one of the reason I find this one so interesting and great.

She's Trouble, Got The Hots and the rest are great - and so nice to have in good quality in iTunes. All one place.

AND - Thriller and Beat It 4K ... just WOW... Amazing.

Promotion sucks - but the product T40 is great. - And the SACD, the Dolby Atmos, The one pressing MOFO LP. - GREAT !!

sw23, am I derailing? Not sure. It's not specifically T40. 🤔 Happy to move it if needs be.
This lovely picture here was in my first accommodation... fantastic post
Right so i think i have decided on what tracks are my fave on disc 2 .Here they are in order then
1) number one lol Starlight.
2)Got The Hots - cause it kind of is a second starlight , i think these two lovely's blend so well.kind of melt into each other to me..
3[The Toy BEST EST EVER LYRICS for obvious reasons yes yes yes.!! THANK YOU PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS.
4)Behind The Mask -BEST Lyrics for obvious reasons plus , they titled it well. "Mikes Mix"oh man , this one makes you WANT to ff.
5{What a Lovely Way To Go sounds recent , yeah yeah i know , :rolleyes:but thats how magical that song can be to some!!. its a blast, it can take you places ....i mean it sound its like from Going Places BUT soooooo 2022 ..... it creates lots of lovely imaginative images not necessarily slightly drunk/tipsy either , to me ,its all about attttatude and funk , but also and it can be a continuation of one more chance to me, think about it guys - and thats what make it one the best demos to me.
THANK YOU PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS.
6}Cant Get Outta The Rain- just love this vibe of this i knew this lovely before cos it was b side to .....girl is mine.
7#Carousel one of the BEST lyrics but because of the quality of sound ...kind of goes further down in the list, but i appreciate it is
a demo and i obviously know how pretty it can sound cos it was on 2001 special edition Thriller..
8=SunSet Driver - Friday Spider is that?
9~Shes Trouble -nope

Human Nature

Baby Be Mine

Beat It /Wanna

are my top three in order from disc 1. bloop to the rest.

@wendijane we see who's feet that are though, it is the guy behind him praying to Jesus.
The lady on the left of him should be the owner of the shoes in the other picture. I think...
Probably! See ive gone totally offtrack because well all i can see is Michael and his magic in those pictures and a fairy tale prince scenario :LOL:

The best thing about "Who do you know" is it proves even when MJ is singing random stuff, it still sounds nice and feels complete. So even random songs that aren't finished might be as immersive an experience as we think.

@zinniabooklover Were all the songs on disc 2 new for all of you?
f&m, I know you're poorly atm so not sure why I'm posting but wth! :D

Starlight - new / prefer it to Thriller, at least for now
GTH - new
WDYK - new, probably my fave atm
Carousel - listened to it once before so not really new but kinda
BTM - last night thought I was hearing it for the first time on The Boss Michael Monday but, of course, that's not the case. I've heard fragments over the years plus the YMO stuff. I just had forgotten. Is it on the Michael album? Bc I don't pay much attention to that. Anyway, I go back and forth on this one, sometimes (like last night) I love it, other times (like today) I'm lukewarm. Time will tell.
CGOOTR - technically not new, listened to it couple of times before T40 dropped, love it to bits
SD - new
WALWTG - all this time I've been thinking it was new to me but it isn't, of course. Not completely. I've heard the snippet from Mexico depo many, many times and then that snippet matched to the music on that little YT clip.
ST - I'm sure I've heard this before but can't work out how. I have no memory of going in search of it or coming across it along the way. But I must have. Bc it sounds familiar. Kinda.
The Toy - I've heard this. Somehow, somewhere. Michael album? I don't like it, can't get past the first few seconds. But it's def familiar.

That Mexico depo clip

Last edited:
It became Best of Joy, yeah.
Yeah. If I don't like a song I tend to be fuzzy on the details of its little life.

Last song MJ finished recording.
I had forgotten this. Sorry Michael, I do love you but this song just doesn't land with me. Still, I am passionate about Invincible and CGOOTR and the gold leotard so it all balances out! :D

Yeah. If I don't like a song I tend to be fuzzy on the details of its little life.

I had forgotten this. Sorry Michael, I do love you but this song just doesn't land with me. Still, I am passionate about Invincible and CGOOTR and the gold leotard so it all balances out! :D
It's a charming little ditty, maybe one day you'll just really connect with it. It's a beautiful sunshiney song to play in the spring/summer time.

It's a charming little ditty, maybe one day you'll just really connect with it.
Mm, maybe! It's not gonna happen any time soon since I really cannot get past the first few seconds. But it's fine. Things do change and some songs need to pop into your life at a different moment so who can say?

It's a beautiful sunshiney song to play in the spring/summer time.
Funny you should say this about BoJ. I've just been revisiting Days of Gloucestershire and thinking how sunshiney it feels / sounds.

Mm, maybe! It's not gonna happen any time soon since I really cannot get past the first few seconds. But it's fine. Things do change and some songs need to pop into your life at a different moment so who can say?

Funny you should say this about BoJ. I've just been revisiting Days of Gloucestershire and thinking how sunshiney it feels / sounds.
DoG has a lot of charm. I wish it had been completed further. I am a Loser also is charming in that way.

Back