Thriller 40 Disc 2 - POSITIVE ONLY Thread

DoG has a lot of charm.
It really does. If it was ever released on a box set (I know, I know, never gonna happen, lol) I'd be happy for it to be there in a basic form. I don't need it to be 'finished' by anyone else. I'm happy with 'working' versions of songs, as long as we get to hear them.

I am a Loser also is charming in that way.
Mixed feelings about this one. I love Michael's vocals but am less keen on the song itself.

Maybe wait for the finished version, "I Was The Loser". Better thematically.
Ah well, this is sw23's positive thread so I'd better not say what I'm really thinking, lol. Suffice to say, I'm not really 'waiting' for anything, any more! :D

But I take your point.

Assuming that the 2008 demo of Best Of Joy has the same/similar instrumental as The Toy it has to be the best Post-Invincible song tbh. Days In Gloucestershire is too unfinished and Hold My Hand isn't a full MJ song so IAL has to be the best out of the bunch so far.

Assuming that the 2008 demo of Best Of Joy has the same/similar instrumental as The Toy it has to be the best Post-Invincible song tbh.

Don't think it does. Michael worked on it in the 90s again and it's safe to say stuff was re-done at least. Agree it might be similar but doubt it sounds the exact same. Pretty sure Michael Prince said Brad Buxer told him he worked on it.

Don't think it does. Michael worked on it in the 90s again and it's safe to say stuff was re-done at least. Agree it might be similar but doubt it sounds the exact same. Pretty sure Michael Prince said Brad Buxer told him he worked on it.
Michael Prince said that the demo is just a drum machine with a Rhodes keyboard so it's safe to say that the instrumental of the 2008 demo is just as basic as the 1981 version. You can even hear a bit of the demo's instrumental in the leaked acappela and notice that they have some similarities.
Don't think it does. Michael worked on it in the 90s again and it's safe to say stuff was re-done at least.
Only the opening line changed, the rest of the song is the exact same as The Toy lol.

Yeah I know you were talking about the instrumental in your post not the vocals lol.
I'm talking about both, Damien insists that the 1990 version and the 1981 version are the exact same apart from the opening line. We already have the 1990 version basically lol.

If the 2008 demo is similar to the 1981 recording, I don’t have an interest in hearing it lmfao. I can’t wait for the Korgnex remix that uses the 2010 instrumental and new vocals.

I believe I do have something POSITIVE for ya folks

Coming soon (not sure exactly when, not finished either)

Will the mix include the alternative lyrics as well?
"I am the one who chased the clouds away, I'll be here forever and a day
Nothing can hurt you."

"It used to be you
But now it's we
And nothing can hurt you"

Back