Thriller 40th Anniversary - Songs Discussion

You see, I don't have MJ fatigue. And I'm still willing to give this thing a chance. But maybe I'll listen online before I buy - something I would normally never do. I was all ready to go for it on Friday. Now I feel wary.
I think it'll be worth more than Thriller 25 if that's a consolation. This is still fuller than that. The outtake/demos are just that, demos. Not truly undiscovered gems in the sense of radio smash hits. MJ really wouldn't want it to be heard in that way. You simply have to appreciate that it's more creative tracks to show the process of making the greatest album, what lead to some of the best songs in pop.

After listening, still looking forward to having the CD on Friday and think overall it's not bad.

I knew the 4K films would be the real star of the show and hopefully on Friday we get Billie Jean and the 2 others that are rumoured.

I think it'll be worth more than Thriller 25 if that's a consolation.
:ROFLMAO:
This is still fuller than that. The outtake/demos are just that, demos.
And I'm fine with that. I love demos and have no problem understanding why they sound the way they do. If we're talking about demos just doing their thing, I'll be fine.

Not truly undiscovered gems in the sense of radio smash hits.
Which is fine. I don't have the mindset of the Estate. I'm happy to hear 'works in progress'.

MJ really wouldn't want it to be heard in that way.
I know and I feel for the guy but he's not here now and, sorry Michael, I LOVE demos. Love them.

You simply have to appreciate that it's more creative tracks to show the process of making the greatest album, what lead to some of the best songs in pop.
I thought some of the technical objections being raised sounded quite serious so I was bothered. Still am bothered, tbh. But we will see. I might still listen online first. Which is SO not me. But this is MJE we're talking about. I need to be careful, lol. Maybe if I hang around in HMV for long enough they'll play Disc 2 and I can decide, lol.

I thought some of the technical objections being raised sounded quite serious so I was bothered. Still am bothered, tbh. But we will see. I might still listen online first. Which is SO not me. But this is MJE we're talking about. I need to be careful, lol. Maybe if I hang around in HMV for long enough they'll play Disc 2 and I can decide, lol.
Yeah, this is the stuff I'm less knowledgeable about but, well, I'm not too fussed at all. The mastering is better so that's enough for me. Can't be pedantic, too nitpicky.

I'm happy to say Sunset Driver sounds way better.

It's nothing new or exciting contained with it's inclusion, but the mastering is way better. That 2004 version was so COMPRESSED, listening just made my eyes want to pop. The volume is way better now. And it's still super groovy, like unfathomably funky. Would love to hear more versions of it.
So how does this fit or make any sense?
Sunset Driver sounds WAY BETTER. But at the same time "Starlight" & BTM" sound poorly mastered & poorly mixed.
I don't get the picture. I'll listen to my amazon delivered CD set. And I will check the Qobuz HiRes download & the iTunes download.
And I will make up my own mind & would suggest to everyone in here to do exactly that. Don't listen to any rips, twitter snippets, or second hand remastered/butchered stuff. Listen to the real deal & make your mind up yourself!

So how does this fit or make any sense?
Sunset Driver sounds WAY BETTER. But at the same time "Starlight" & BTM" sound poorly mastered & poorly mixed.
I don't get the picture. I'll listen to my amazon delivered CD set. And I will check the Qobuz HiRes download & the iTunes download.
They really just turned the compression down from 2004. The others were never mastered while MJ was alive and they certainly weren't gonna figure out how while he's gone.

Yeah it's already spreading like wildfire at this point., why not help other people listen to it?

I'm really wanting to hear Mark Ronson's work on Lovely Way now. I think I'll connect with it more.

Conversely, I'd love to hear Best of Joy with The Toy's piano playing.

Back