Thriller 40th Anniversary - Songs Discussion

I'm really wanting to hear Mark Ronson's work on Lovely Way now. I think I'll connect with it more.
That's exactly what I thought when listening to it, good vocals being held back by a dry instrumental. Maybe the 2010 remix is this song's salvation but seeing how the Estate skipped on releasing the song on 2 albums and instead put it on this one it probably isn't that better to begin with, I would love to hear it still though. Hopefully it leaks.
Conversely, I'd love to hear Best of Joy with The Toy's piano playing.
Basically you want the 2008 demo? 🤣

That's exactly what I thought when listening to it, good vocals being held back by a dry instrumental. Maybe the 2010 remix is this song's salvation but seeing how the Estate skipped on releasing the song on 2 albums and instead put it on this one it probably isn't that better to begin with, I would love to hear it still though. Hopefully it leaks.

Basically my thought, yeah. It might not be perfect, but it's full of charm. It's not the newest song so I can see why they'd want something more cutting edge. But eh, here's hoping it leaks.
Basically you want the 2008 demo. 🤣
I guess so lol. Neff-U can go home

The acoustic sing along effect I can take it leave

The mandolin solo in Behind The Mask is jarring to say the least.

The mandolin solo in Behind The Mask is jarring to say the least.
There's something really off about the whole demo imo.. I thought I'd love it becuase I love the 2010 mix but the god awful crowd snippets ruin it.

But this.. wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

There's something really off about the whole demo imo.. I thought I'd love it becuase I love the 2010 mix but the god awful crowd snippets ruin it.

But this.. wasn't as good as I'd hoped.
I wanted to hear the original instrumental with the full vocal take. This full demo isn't what i love. But I suppose it makes sense they wouldn't completely invalidate their own version from 2010.

I think Chicago 1945 ruined the whole project. All the hype was expanded too fast. Nothing will surpass the glee I felt when that hook came on.

It's really weird to me that users who complained before about people not helping others find stuff are now seemingly doing the exact same thing lol

Who do you know is the best thing from this entire project besides the 4k...I just fell in love with it. I just wish it was MIXED!!! WHY WOULD THEY NOT PROPERLY MIX THAT GEM!!!???

Anyone noticing some weird sounds on Starlight? I don't know what it is, it sounds like some sounds are duplicated? Idk it sounds really weird.

Alright I've been up since 4, roaming the land for MJ. I need to sleep, during my online class. It's my favorite lullaby.

We're hoping it's just a bad cd rip cause anything more than that would be criminal. And not the smooth kind.
Yeah let's wait for a lossless rip. Even so, music should be also listenable in low quality/bitrate if the source was good. Startlight is not.

This entire project is ruined & im hurt & furious & this Damm fool is out here making tiktok videos? I can't even believe I'm actually crying right now because it's nothing I can do about any of this. John Branca (the estate) or whoever is ruining his everything & I swear I think they're doing all of this on purpose at this point. They hear us on all platforms! Smh....I can't!

I spent some time reading through all the comments here and I just feel let down about it. I looked forward to this release enormously but if it is handled as badly as you all say it is (and I believe it because you have technical knowledge that I don’t possess) then I will simply not be spending any cash on this release. I will listen to it on Spotify.
I read the notes in the booklet, they don’t add any information that is interesting, it features mistakes and it all feels very amateur.

I am now part of the anti Estate camp. This just seems thrown together without thought and effort, it is hard to get excited for future releases now unless they do the only sensible thing which is releasing big anthology like box sets.
What they’re doing now is just pointless.

My excitement is pretty much gone altogether 😱
Someone on superdeluxeedition.com said that this release proves Thriller was a victim of its own success, and honestly I see where he's coming from. Obscure albums like Queen's "The Miracle" (which I didn't even know existed until its remaster was announced) get great releases, while the big fish like "Thriller" are botched to all hell. The Estate is just too high off of Michael's success to put any real effort into filling up and maintaining their archives, and as a result are far too lazy to actually try. The last time they did was Bad 25, and the remixes still were a product of laziness.

And remember how Xscape's release ended up being ruined by APWOON's terrible release? Branca and McClain seriously need to consider getting successors, because they don't really know how to actually run an estate.

Back