Thriller 40th Anniversary - Songs Discussion

I am helping. The problem is that you can't do it publicly or else Gaz will ban you.
That is correct. Please don't share direct download links to the CD or any of the songs in it. Not even in private messages. This is to protect the forum from any copyright violation.

What's going on in down under? After Australian Qobuz-store now the NZ store has pulled back the digital version of T40.

Qobuz is a HiRes store.
If it is true, what some of you are claiming regarding the sound quality, maybe Qobuz says they won't release subpar sound quality under their name/site. That would be a slap in the face of the estate/sony/legacy... But it seems they need to be awaken from their detrimental slumber. A good slapping would come in handy...

Qobuz is a HiRes store.
If it is true, what some of you are claiming regarding the sound quality, maybe Qobuz says they won't release subpar sound quality under their name/site. That would be a slap in the face of the estate/sony/legacy... But it seems they need to be awaken from their detrimental slumber. A good slapping would come in handy...
Quality like a ass but in behind the mask vocal cut and start again wtf they give us this guys open your eyes and don't buy this album

I see, so you do not like the lyrics. But what about the musically idea behind? You do not like the beatboxing etc.?
I don’t like the lyrics or the music. The production is definitely interesting, but as a song, it’s very bland and forgettable (in my opinion).
Does it sound like it's from the Thriller era mate?
No, it’s definitely from the 1970s.
I just stripped "who do you know"....... it’s a drum kit added. That's why it sounds so modern. Once i took that drumkit off.... his finger snaps are very very loud & it gives vibes of love never felt so good. Idk why they think we're stupid. Anyway. This sounds way better. Pm for.....

The drums are taken off of what a lovely way to go....idk what the estate is doing but this is just wild
Playing devil’s advocate here, but I’m assuming you used an AI to strip the drums. That’s not evidence that the estate did anything to it. There’s also nothing to suggest they removed the drums from WALWTG.

Someone on superdeluxeedition.com said that this release proves Thriller was a victim of its own success, and honestly I see where he's coming from. Obscure albums like Queen's "The Miracle" (which I didn't even know existed until its remaster was announced) get great releases, while the big fish like "Thriller" are botched to all hell. The Estate is just too high off of Michael's success to put any real effort into filling up and maintaining their archives, and as a result are far too lazy to actually try. The last time they did was Bad 25, and the remixes still were a product of laziness.
All of this. 😢

I just stripped "who do you know"....... its a drum kit added. That's why it sounds so modern. Once i took that drumkit off.... his finger snaps are very very loud & it gives vibes of love never felt so good. Idk why they think we're stupid. Anyway. This sounds way better. Pm for.....

The drums are taken off of what a lovely way to go....idk what the estate is doing but this is just wild
Really??? Just listened to the snippets so far, but for me the drums on "who do you know" and "toy" sound sooooooooo much off and awful, that i imagine that it will be very hard for me to enjoy the tracks...would love to hear the track without these drums!

I think this project is gonna flop and the Estate will see it as people not wanting to consume MJ media anymore and they won't release new music again. Either that or no more re-issues. I'm sure they'll see the consumers as the problem and not themselves.
Qobuz is a HiRes store.
Once the album is officially out on Friday, all of us should contact the record label and complain about the known issues.

contact on twitter:
@SonyMusic
@SonyLegacyRecs
@EpicRecords

That is correct. Please don't share direct download links to the CD or any of the songs in it. Not even in private messages. This is to protect the forum from any copyright violation.
Noted. Have been here for a long time so don’t want to cause any problems!

This entire project is ruined & im hurt & furious & this Damm fool is out here making tiktok videos? I can't even believe I'm actually crying right now because it's nothing I can do about any of this. John Branca (the estate) or whoever is ruining his everything & I swear I think they're doing all of this on purpose at this point. They hear us on all platforms! Smh....I can't!
I know exactly how do you feel!!! You are spoking from the bottom of my heart

The biggest issue I have with the Estate is that they could get it right if they wanted to.

Seems like they are making most money out of the live shows, MJ The Musical, One show in Vegas and no doubt the upcoming Biopic. They have been a great success so well done but..

Perhaps put more effort into the real magic, ie MJ's albums. Xscape back in 2014 was good I have no issue with but everything else just seems so amateurish.

not sure, if it's worth complaining there. :D

I suspect that there’s a clause in the Sony/estate agreement that gives Branca and McClain full creative control over any and all projects. I was told that Sony tried convincing them to scrub the remixes from Bad 25, to no avail. I’m not entirely sure how much blame is on the label’s shoulders (other than the Amazon shipping mishap, which is utterly embarrassing).

I suspect that there’s a clause in the Sony/estate agreement that gives Branca and McClain full creative control over any and all projects. I was told that Sony tried convincing them to scrub the remixes from Bad 25, to no avail. I’m not entirely sure how much blame is on the label’s shoulders (other than the Amazon shipping mishap, which is utterly embarrassing).
Honestly, the more I read about Sony, the more I grow to respect them as a company. They may not have the best...well...anything, but they do have a ton of MJ stuff in their archives and they legitimately care for Michael's legacy, which is more than we can say for a certain estate.

L-l-l-love it or hate it’s mr. Worldwide with the world’s greatest you gonna play this

Honestly, the more I read about Sony, the more I grow to respect them as a company. They may not have the best...well...anything, but they do have a ton of MJ stuff in their archives and they legitimately care for Michael's legacy, which is more than we can say for a certain estate.
They are the second most successful record label. No small feat imo. Of course they care what they put out.

Disc 2 is out there now. Man...where to begin.

If this was an accurate cd rip, then we got problems.

I was gonna bitch about the sound quality till I realized the mastering is bad all over the place. Starlight isn't only affected. Got The Hots, Can't Get Outta the Rain and Carousel all sound like shit too and those are already released. You can hear distortion on these songs.

Behind the Mask is absolutely a demo. Michael sampled the original song from vinyl and added production over top of it. I wish more time was spent making it sound better.

I'm praying, praying the apple digital master does not have these issues.

Last edited:
Back